PDA

View Full Version : Flat iron rave

toodramatik
June 14th, 2008, 12:43 AM
Yes, i said rave!

So, i hadn't flat ironed for a week [an accomplishment for me] as well as using leave in and oiling my hair daily.. But I had to flat iron last night because of a wedding and my hair is too short to do anything else with it.

WELL.. My hair usually took ages to flat iron. This time it took me less than 20 minutes.

AND OH MY GOSH IT WAS SO SOFT!! Probably because of all the oils in my hair but MAN IT WAS SOFT!! AND IT DIDN'T EVEN SMELL ICKY LIKE IT USUALLY DOES AFTER FLAT IRONING!!

I won't be using the flat iron regularly or anything. BUT DANG IT WAS SO SOFT!!

I'm done :D

rapunzhell13
June 14th, 2008, 12:48 AM
Are you sure you want to use heat on oiled hair? Won't that cook it? Just a suggestion...

toodramatik
June 14th, 2008, 12:55 AM
Are you sure you want to use heat on oiled hair? Won't that cook it? Just a suggestion...

The oil was poo'd off hours before.. And I thought about that but it seems fine now [I flat ironed it 24 hours ago]

rapunzhell13
June 14th, 2008, 01:11 AM
The oil was poo'd off hours before.. And I thought about that but it seems fine now [I flat ironed it 24 hours ago]

Ah ok, thanks for clarifying (no pun intended). :D

peachy.pudding
June 14th, 2008, 04:53 AM
you need to experiment with your hair with pins etc so you wont have to flat iron even for special occassions as flat irons seriously damage the hair, and to use them on short hair is even worse beacause youll be growing damage rather than healthy new hair. just a thought

goldenwaves
June 14th, 2008, 05:07 AM
That's great. It's always nice when your hair feels really soft and lovely! And it was a special occasion so I think it's OK!

Mary <><
June 14th, 2008, 05:29 AM
Ah ok, thanks for clarifying (no pun intended). :D

That was funny!!! :D

JessTheMess
June 14th, 2008, 05:37 AM
I used to LOVE my flat iron :( It has been so hard to keep my hands off of it. I used to use it once a week and I miss the way it looked and felt... pin straight and silky smooth... After joining these forums. I've come to realize that my flat iron has done nothing but lead me on and cause irreversible damage.

missy60
June 14th, 2008, 12:57 PM
Oh I just love my hair flat ironed, but now when I do it after my next wash my hair just seems so dried out. I guess I didnt notice it because I use to always flat iron so that was my normal hair.

suicides_eve
June 14th, 2008, 01:54 PM
oh thats so neat- i use to do this with a leave in condish mixture/ as my hair was getting straight it would be so soft and no fly aways! never tired it wit oil though. hmmmm *wheels are turning*

Curlsgirl
June 14th, 2008, 04:10 PM
Great, I love how my hair feels too like that and miss it sometimes! I think very occasionally with a protectant spray. I don't do it anymore but I did let them at the salon a few weeks ago very lightly.