PDA

View Full Version : Loses all it's curl overnight?

joyfulheart18
April 1st, 2011, 08:36 AM
Hi there.

I was wondering if you guys knew why this happened. Here is my hair in the evening, just after a shower (half dried).
http://i56.tinypic.com/28upsa0.jpg

And here is my hair this morning, after sleeping. It's not curly anymore...and that annoys me.
http://i52.tinypic.com/iw3l0l.jpg

Does anyone know why that happens or what I should do? Showering in the morning is not an option.

(P.s. My hair looks weird colours because of the flash, sorry about that.)

delsh
April 1st, 2011, 08:46 AM
Mine does the exact same thing! It might just be a matter of texture, because my waves seem very similar to yours. I'd love to hear if anyone found a solution, because it's really like having two different heads of hair!

Cheeks1206
April 1st, 2011, 08:58 AM
I think curl tends to get pulled out if you sleep with your hair down. Mine looses definition & gains frizz when I sleep with it down.

honeybunny_1996
April 1st, 2011, 08:59 AM
Did you do anything different to it that might have result it to be less curly?

krissykins
April 1st, 2011, 09:01 AM
What kind of pillowcase do you sleep on?

Cheeks1206
April 1st, 2011, 09:11 AM
You can try doing a pineapple. (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/hairstyles/how-to-pineapple-your-hair)

joyfulheart18
April 1st, 2011, 09:37 AM
To answer all the questions...

I sleep on a pillowcase that has similar texture to a t-shirt, but softer. Nothing fancy, just an ordinary pillow case.

I didn't do anything different to it...I just wake up and that's the way it is.

I did sleep with it down. If I sleep with it in a normal pony tail, the same thing happens.

I actually haven't tried doing a pineapple, but I will try that for sure.

Thanks everyone!

krissykins
April 1st, 2011, 09:42 AM
The pineapple looks like a great hairstyle. I also recommend trying a bun on top of the head or some braids.

I use a satin pillowcase now and it keeps my curl intact overnight.

tinti
April 1st, 2011, 10:50 AM
rewet it in the morning?

Ninanajna
April 1st, 2011, 11:00 AM
i have the same problem, and almost the same hair :)
only when i first wash it and go to sleep with still damp hair and a bun on top, in the morning i have a nice wavy hair.
but next day....the same as you.

is satin pillowcase really that important?

krissykins
April 1st, 2011, 11:22 AM
i have the same problem, and almost the same hair :)
only when i first wash it and go to sleep with still damp hair and a bun on top, in the morning i have a nice wavy hair.
but next day....the same as you.

is satin pillowcase really that important?

Satin pillowcases are amazing. In addition to keeping the curl, they also reduce breakage from friction.

Lianna
April 1st, 2011, 11:47 AM
My half dried hair is also curlier than my fully dried hair. I think that's how our hair is. Does it happen if you fully dry it while not touching/sleeping? You could try the damp bunning/braiding while you sleep but then it wouldn't be your "natural waves", but wet styling (not that this is a bad thing). I actually think your hair looks nicer on the second picture, since it's so much shinier and smoother. :flower:

joyfulheart18
April 1st, 2011, 03:13 PM
Thanks! :) It actually looks weird in the first picture because of the flash...:P

Thanks everyone for your suggestions.

ellen732
April 1st, 2011, 03:20 PM
I sleep with my hair in a satin sleep cap and I lose all my wave the next morning too.

Slinks
April 1st, 2011, 04:35 PM
rewet it in the morning?
I was going to say this too, you could sprizt it with a squirt bottle ..

Firefox7275
April 1st, 2011, 04:42 PM
Maybe your hair is not fully dry when you go to sleep so the waves get crushed out?

jojo
April 1st, 2011, 07:34 PM
My hair if anything is wurlier in the morning! maybe you toss a lot in your sleep, maybe braiding at bedtime will keep it wavy?

joyfulheart18
April 1st, 2011, 07:38 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. I'm going to try the spray bottle and braiding overnight.
Even if my hair is completely dry, it still happens, somehow. :(

Thanks everyone!

xoerincolleen
April 1st, 2011, 07:41 PM
My hair has a similar texture, I sleep in a braid every night. If you wait until your hair is about 90-95% dry and then put it in a loose braid, it will turn out nice and wavy in the morning. Also, if you wrap it in a silk scarf, it won't rub against your pillow and flatten the waves.

julliams
April 1st, 2011, 08:47 PM
Probably not what you want to hear but consider accepting your second day hair for what it is??? I have done this and I learn to do different styles with second day hair. If you don't expect it to look like it does freshly washed, you can appreciate how it can work for you. I actually really like your hair in your second day picture. It looks smooth, shiney but still with some nice waves to it. I really like having hair that behaves differently each day - it makes things more interesting.