PDA

View Full Version : Natural vs anything else!

gthlvrmx
March 31st, 2011, 11:44 PM
I really prefer my hair perfectly nice and naturally down the way it wants to go, it feels great! I love it and i know my hair loves curling around. I do put those updo's on and hide them away though (especially since i said i would for a year) but i dont like to, i prefer it down. Hurts my neck less and i love the swing :P
Who else here prefers to just let their hair down after a nice wash and not do a thing to it until the next one? :)

RecklessCharlie
April 1st, 2011, 12:11 AM
I love wearing my hair down! Wash and go is my idea of a good hairstyle :)
I enjoy more elaborate styles as well but the feeling of natural free-flowing hair is my favorite!

Katze
April 1st, 2011, 02:27 AM
I have to do a lot to my hair to make it look good. But wearing it down, freshly washed with gel and leave-in in it, is my favorite style by far. If I put it up, it kind of 'ruins' it to wear it down again, partly because I have to brush/oil/gel the heck out of it to make it look smooth!

Sometimes messy updos look good but I am tired of having messy hair EVERY day, you know?

I used to try to be 100% natural and my hair looked stringy and bad. So I am using 'cones and gels and styling it by putting it in a lazy wrap bun (the only bun that does not cause bumps) and yes I do use occasional low heat on the blowdryer, mostly after swimming so that my ears aren't damp.

It would be lovely to be '100% natural' - just 'wash and go.' My sister can do that, so can other straight haired friends. I can't. I am fighting taper, frizz, new regrowth, as well as very wildly different hairtypes on my head, so I have to use product in order to enjoy my hair. But I am also gentle and kind to it, which includes keeping it out of zippers, diapers, the dishwasher, the stove etc etc...by keeping it up when I am out and about (lazy wrap bun).

jojo
April 1st, 2011, 05:48 PM
I do love doing this, however my hair pays the price. I found my hair was breaking and splitting and not gaining much length. nowadays its up a lot more and at last my hair feels and looks more healthy plus I am retaining my precious length!

gthlvrmx
April 1st, 2011, 05:52 PM
Jaja i totally agree :) And i know what you mean with the same messy bun for the longest time, i was s bored of wearing a bun every day, then came my single braid. I just try getting creative every early morning, it wakes my mind up a little :P
wash and go!!

iluvkorn
April 1st, 2011, 06:34 PM
i loooove wearing my hair down!! my attitude is why have long hair if you're not going to show it off or enjoy it. there is a need to put it up while sleeping and housework, being around kids etc. but if it's a non windy day and i can get away with it, i'll wear it down.