PDA

View Full Version : Troy Polamalu Hair Tips

gizelle
March 31st, 2011, 06:06 PM
I'm surprised this hasn't made it on here yet, or perhaps I missed it.

Here is a link to Glamour's interview with Troy Polamalu from the Pittsburgh Steelers:
http://www.glamour.com/beauty/blogs/girls-in-the-beauty-department/2011/03/the-man-with-the-million-dolla.html

Interesting how he only washes once a week during the off season, but uses conditioner daily. Another CO convert perhaps?

Lollipop
March 31st, 2011, 06:10 PM
I love his hair :D(It's down to his but? O.o)

spidermom
March 31st, 2011, 06:17 PM
Oh my goodness; that's some very wide hair!

(I've seen it spilling out of his helmet on the field, too.)

elbow chic
March 31st, 2011, 07:07 PM
he COs! :D

Jenn of Pence
March 31st, 2011, 07:38 PM
I wish they had a real picture instead of the funny H&S ad. :D

selderon
March 31st, 2011, 09:06 PM
Try this: Million dollar hair (http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_lWc15qI7k0w/TINI6lqGpFI/AAAAAAAAGR8/OI1SZmip-d8/s640/TroyPolamalu8.jpg)

I still can't believe he insured his hair for a million dollars.

MindBeforeMouth
March 31st, 2011, 09:11 PM
What does it mean insured his hair?

selderon
March 31st, 2011, 09:40 PM
What does it mean insured his hair?

It means he has an insurance policy for his hair just like your parents have for their car.
David Beckham, Fred Astaire, Jamie Lee Curtis, Angie Dickinson and Rhianna have all purchased insurance for their legs.
Bruce Springsteen and Rod Stewart have insured their voices.
Dolly Parton insured her most prominent assets.
Bette Davis insured her waistline.
American Ferrera insured her smile.
Tom Jones insured his chest hair. (He may need his head examined.)
The dancer Michael Flatley insured his feet.

It goes on.

Firefox7275
April 1st, 2011, 02:26 AM
It means he has an insurance policy for his hair just like your parents have for their car.
David Beckham, Fred Astaire, Jamie Lee Curtis, Angie Dickinson and Rhianna have all purchased insurance for their legs.
Bruce Springsteen and Rod Stewart have insured their voices.
Dolly Parton insured her most prominent assets.
Bette Davis insured her waistline.
American Ferrera insured her smile.
Tom Jones insured his chest hair. (He may need his head examined.)
The dancer Michael Flatley insured his feet.

It goes on.

How can you insure a waistline? :confused: Surely the only thing that can happen is getting fat, which would surely mean the insurance company would not pay out as you didn't 'take all reasonable precautions'! :p

selderon
April 1st, 2011, 08:01 AM
How can you insure a waistline? :confused: Surely the only thing that can happen is getting fat, which would surely mean the insurance company would not pay out as you didn't 'take all reasonable precautions'! :p

That's an excellent question. Maybe the company was so happy to have her for a client (good publicity?) that they didn't care?

honeybunny_1996
April 1st, 2011, 08:27 AM
I never knew that you could insure your hair, LOL

gizelle
April 1st, 2011, 10:00 AM
From what I read before, the insurance has to do with the fact that it is an investment. Without the hair, no contract with Head&Shoulders and loss of income. H&S are banking on him having nice hair and if I recall correctly, made him insure it. I thought it was funny that he compared it to J-Lo's butt.

Schipperchow
April 1st, 2011, 11:50 AM
I love his hair!!!

andwife
April 1st, 2011, 12:36 PM
I think we need to post pictures of our own Polamalu hair because if I ever sponge roll my hair and then comb through it the next day that is what my husband says I look like. (No, I've never taken a picture. HA!)

AnqeIicDemise
April 1st, 2011, 01:55 PM
Try this: Million dollar hair (http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_lWc15qI7k0w/TINI6lqGpFI/AAAAAAAAGR8/OI1SZmip-d8/s640/TroyPolamalu8.jpg)

I still can't believe he insured his hair for a million dollars.

I totally drooled when I saw this picture. :wink:

Hubba hubba.

-self smack- I am a married woman. I am a married woman.. I am a married wom... -drool-

Caldonia Sun
April 1st, 2011, 02:12 PM
I love this man, hair included.

In2wishin
April 1st, 2011, 03:28 PM
I love this man, hair included.

I love this guy too!

I would be a traitor to my homeland if i didn't include this though ;) :
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk315/eclctcmnd/clay-matthews.jpg

In2wishin
April 1st, 2011, 03:35 PM

Some of these policies are on behalf of the talent. If Bette Davis was in an accident or some illness prevented her from getting jobs because her waistline was no longer what it was due to no fault of hers, she would get a payout. It makes more sense for someone like Springsteen who makes his living by his voice or Beckham who makes his living with his legs.

Others are taken out by the management or product company. Head & Shoulders insured his hair so that, if anything happens to it or he suddenly decides to cut it they get paid for the "loss of value".

sophistiCat *
April 1st, 2011, 03:37 PM
so Tom Jones isn't paranoid someone's going to steal his chest hair then?!!