PDA

View Full Version : How do you do tucked braided pigtails with a ribbon?

Dreamkitty
March 31st, 2011, 12:20 PM
I know this is a Indian hairstyle mostly & I tried finding tutorial's for "tucked braided pigtails" as opposed to "tucked pigtails" (which doesn't involve any brading). Ive had no such luck though, all I couldn't find any info on how to do them with a ribbon & braids.

This is a photo example of what I want to learn with ribbons.:)They seem quite fun to do & Im guessing that the ends will be protected & tidy as it is braided as well as tucked in.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Q92uNZ9jIuc/SpZjjT9-6WI/AAAAAAAAApM/GNDXpw6r0sk/s1600-h/scan0023.jpg

LornaDoone
March 31st, 2011, 04:09 PM
Part your hair in the middle, and do an english braid on either side. Fold the braid in half with the ends underneath and secure. I sometimes use bobby pins to secure, other times I use ribbons. I wind a ribbon around the end of my braid (weaving it under the elastic a couple times so it doesn't slip off) knot it, then after folding the braid, tie the ribbon around the top of the braid.

If you want to weave the ribbon throughout the length of the braid, fold a longer ribbon in half and use a bobby pin to secure it underneath where you will start your braid. When you split your hair into three sections, gather a tail of the ribbon with each of the outside sections. Braid as normal, you can adjust where the ribbon is so it shows more. Then wind the ribbon around the end and knot to secure. You may need an elastic as well. Then, fold the braid and tie with ribbon.

HTH :)

Sagi1982
April 1st, 2011, 01:32 AM
Lorna's instructions are very good :D, but I want to add: make the braids' tassles as small as possible to prevent whispies. ;)

Or braid the ribbon in - Mira-chan has written a awesome tuto in the articles section on how to braid ribboned braids. Fix them with an elastic, fold up and tie a bow from the ribbons end.

I would love to see a photo of the finished style!;)

Dreamkitty
April 1st, 2011, 03:58 AM
Part your hair in the middle, and do an english braid on either side. Fold the braid in half with the ends underneath and secure. I sometimes use bobby pins to secure, other times I use ribbons. I wind a ribbon around the end of my braid (weaving it under the elastic a couple times so it doesn't slip off) knot it, then after folding the braid, tie the ribbon around the top of the braid.

If you want to weave the ribbon throughout the length of the braid, fold a longer ribbon in half and use a bobby pin to secure it underneath where you will start your braid. When you split your hair into three sections, gather a tail of the ribbon with each of the outside sections. Braid as normal, you can adjust where the ribbon is so it shows more. Then wind the ribbon around the end and knot to secure. You may need an elastic as well. Then, fold the braid and tie with ribbon.

HTH

Thank you, LornaDoone. It's nice there is two options when it comes to braiding with a ribbon, Im going to try them both & will get some assistance from my sister to help me out lol.:D.

I have a class photo of when I was 9 years old. This little girl used to have hip length hair & in the photo she has tucked braided pigtails. I remember she used to use a ribbon through her length.

Dreamkitty
April 1st, 2011, 04:00 AM
Lorna's instructions are very good :D, but I want to add: make the braids' tassles as small as possible to prevent whispies. ;)

Or braid the ribbon in - Mira-chan has written a awesome tuto in the articles section on how to braid ribboned braids. Fix them with an elastic, fold up and tie a bow from the ribbons end.

I would love to see a photo of the finished style!;)

Thanks for the tips Sagi:). I will look for Mira-Chan's article, sounds interesting. If my braids turn out good lol, I will try to post a pic of the result.