PDA

View Full Version : Should I keep my layers, and what are fairytale ends?

joyfulheart18
March 31st, 2011, 10:40 AM
Hi there

My hair is cut in layers and is currently BSL. I would like it to be waist length. Should I keep it in layers or get the layers taken out? What are the pros and cons of each? And can someone tell me what "fairytale ends" are?

TheMechaGinger
March 31st, 2011, 10:49 AM
Well I can't stand my layers, it's really all up to preference. I like my hair to be one length because then I don't have hair sticking out of all my updo's and my hemline looks much thicker. But some people love the way layers look in their hair. And as for fairy tale ends, that's when your ends are a little tapered instead of being blunt. It looks kind of princesses-y
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=40313&highlight=fairytale+ends
here's the thread with pictures of 'em

Nevvie
March 31st, 2011, 10:50 AM
You could always leave the layers in for the time being. Once you reach goal if you don't like the way it looks just start trimming them out then. I took my layers out but some choose to keep them.

Fairytale ends are natural ends, meaning you don't trim back to a blunt, u shaped, v shaped ect. Just trim the damage and let the ends do as they please. Some people will naturally end up with a v shape on the end of their hair anyways but most end up with varying lengths here and there due to some hairs growing faster than others. My ends fairytale so fast that I've almost given up on trimming it blunt. It costs me alot of growth and my hair reverts within a couple weeks anyways =/

joyfulheart18
March 31st, 2011, 01:55 PM
Thank you guys! I think that's a good idea, Nevvie, to wait until later to trim my layers. Fairytale ends are beautiful, and I hope my ends will grow like that eventually. :) Thank you for your help, guys.