PDA

View Full Version : Short hair to long hair

-Cookiez-
March 31st, 2011, 08:17 AM
Ok well last week I went to my salon to get a trim and maybe remove a inch or two from some layers. My hair stylist got me and my sister's hairstyles mixed up and end up chopping off all my lovely locks :( Now I currently have 1 inch all over, it looks kinda like a grown out pixie. I'm so sad because right before I went to the salon I had mesured my hair it was 10 inchs ;(

My hair growns pretty fast...because if I cut my hair to a chin length bob it will be shoulder length gainn by the end of summer.

Any tips on how to keep my locks heathly because I honestly am not getting a trim till I get some length back.

Thanks guys

Toadstool
March 31st, 2011, 08:59 AM
How the **** did the hairstylist get your and your sister's hairstyles mixed up????
I am sorry.

breeanna92
March 31st, 2011, 09:23 AM
Why didn't you stop her! Man that would be horrible!! I am very sorry, Yeah i recently got i my hair colored (before i wanted to grow it out) Which i regret now!! and the hairdresser inticed me into to trimming my hair because it was all frissy from when she bleached it and i asked if it would go away and she said i sholud cut it off..i went from dyed black hair to blonde highlights in it and now i hate it!! by the way does anyone know if you can still grow out damaged hair and cut it when it gets to a good length instead of chopping it all off when its already kinda short??? :confused:

UltraBella
April 9th, 2011, 08:51 AM
Cookiez, this is the third thread I have posted this question to you, so hopefully you will see it. I would really like an explanation why you have such wildly conflicting posts and stories about your hair. In this thread and another one you state that the previous week you went for a small trim and a hairdresser made a terrible mistake and cut your hair pixie length. In one thread you state she got you and your sister mixed up. But then you start a thread entitled "bye bye hair" stating that you cut your hair to pixie length donating it to Locks of Love in memory of your deceased friend who had cancer. A very deliberate cut for a good cause to honor her wishes.
Which is it ?????
This thread was started March 31st and you stated the accidental chop happened the week before. The new thread says your hair was cut off for Locks of Love March 19th. So, same cut you are referring to, just which reason I am wondering about. Doesn't make a bit of sense to me !

Fingolphin
April 9th, 2011, 08:55 AM
Cookiez, this is the third thread I have posted this question to you, so hopefully you will see it. I would really like an explanation why you have such wildly conflicting posts and stories about your hair. In this thread and another one you state that the previous week you went for a small trim and a hairdresser made a terrible mistake and cut your hair pixie length. In one thread you state she got you and your sister mixed up. But then you start a thread entitled "bye bye hair" stating that you cut your hair to pixie length donating it to Locks of Love in memory of your deceased friend who had cancer. A very deliberate cut for a good cause to honor her wishes.
Which is it ?????
This thread was started March 31st and you stated the accidental chop happened the week before. The new thread says your hair was cut off for Locks of Love March 19th. So, same cut you are referring to, just which reason I am wondering about. Doesn't make a bit of sense to me !

Hmm...it is very curious indeed.

Kherome
April 9th, 2011, 09:34 AM
Which is it ?????

Perhaps it should be pointed out to the mods, to be certain the board isn't being targeted by trolls?

MsBubbles
April 9th, 2011, 09:41 AM
Perhaps Cookiez had a long ponytail cut off for locks of love (March 19th), but that cut wasn't great, so she went back to the salon a few days later to get it tidied up and ended up with a pixie! That's about the most sense I can come up with right now :-)

Merlin
April 9th, 2011, 10:10 AM
Which is it ?????

I'm sure there is some great 'under the bridge' real estate here, with passing billy goats gruff....

UltraBella
April 9th, 2011, 01:00 PM
Perhaps Cookiez had a long ponytail cut off for locks of love (March 19th), but that cut wasn't great, so she went back to the salon a few days later to get it tidied up and ended up with a pixie! That's about the most sense I can come up with right now :-)

Nope, I even double checked BEFORE becoming majorly offended, just to make sure I didn't miss something. She specifically states in both threads that she had it cut to a short pixie and gives before lengths, etc.. ..but the two reasons why are very very different. Deceased friend's wish vs idiotic hairdresser.
I wonder if either story is true, actually.
In a post back on March 10th she talks about a hairdresser that chopped all her hair off against her wishes to pixie length and states it was an entire year ago. So, from the time line I can figure out, this first pixie hair tragedy happened a year ago, then she donated her hair to LOL on March 19th and then she immediately had the same exact hair trauma happen again with another short pixie, even though her hair was already pixie length from the donation ?
Oops.

UltraBella
April 9th, 2011, 01:02 PM
Perhaps it should be pointed out to the mods, to be certain the board isn't being targeted by trolls?

I don't think it's a troll issue, I personally think it's an "I need attention" issue. But that's just my theory ;)

Kalypso
April 9th, 2011, 01:11 PM
I don't think it's a troll issue, I personally think it's an "I need attention" issue. But that's just my theory ;)

I have noticed this too, and I agree with your theory.

Bene
April 9th, 2011, 01:21 PM

:D

I snipped off about 6 inches to give myself pseudo-bangs. I thought it was a good idea at the time and now I'm totally distraught and in the middle of an existential hair crisis. Can I have attention too?

UltraBella
April 9th, 2011, 01:48 PM
:D

I snipped off about 6 inches to give myself pseudo-bangs. I thought it was a good idea at the time and now I'm totally distraught and in the middle of an existential hair crisis. Can I have attention too?

Oh, Bene, you poor baby !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes, lots of attention for you !

MsBubbles
April 9th, 2011, 01:57 PM
Ooh I love existential hair crises!

Ultrabella you're right. All of that would be physically impossible.

Bene
April 9th, 2011, 02:02 PM
Oh, Bene, you poor baby !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes, lots of attention for you !

*pulls out hankie*

THANK YOU!!! I need the hair validation!

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y244/bene25/hair/utf-8BSU1HMDAzMTktMjAxMTA0MDktMTUyMC5qcGc.jpg

** For the "pics or it didn't happen" crowd :p

Can I have a cookie too? I'm all verklepmt! *chokes back tears*

jeanniet
April 9th, 2011, 02:12 PM
Good catch, UltraBella, and now I'm wondering, too.

As for you, Bene, you poor baby, lots and lots of cookies for you! And some cheese! :cheese:

danceri110
April 9th, 2011, 02:22 PM
Bene;
OH MY GOD!! I know the feeling ... 'Bangs would look SO good, and I would still have long hair!'
Yeah, no.
My bangs have finally gotten to about chin length after copping them to the middle of my nose in the fall. I still have 1 piece though that comes only to the end of me nose ...

*Gives lost of attention*
We'll just have to grow out our bangs together(:
By the way, how long are YOUR bangs?

UltraBella
April 9th, 2011, 02:24 PM
Good catch, UltraBella, and now I'm wondering, too.

As for you, Bene, you poor baby, lots and lots of cookies for you! And some cheese! :cheese:

I didn't realize it until another member posted about it on another thread. Then I went and looked and was....uhm.....bothered.

Bene
April 9th, 2011, 02:28 PM
Bene;
OH MY GOD!! I know the feeling ... 'Bangs would look SO good, and I would still have long hair!'
Yeah, no.
My bangs have finally gotten to about chin length after copping them to the middle of my nose in the fall. I still have 1 piece though that comes only to the end of me nose ...

*Gives lost of attention*
We'll just have to grow out our bangs together(:
By the way, how long are YOUR bangs?

OH NOES, not you too???? WHY? *falls to knees* WHY????? Why do bangs sound like a good idea and then turn out wrong???? I'm with you, I share your pain!!! I'm growing with you, keeping your hair in my thoughts.

Like, 3 inches below chin? Does that even count as bangs? I was too scared to go all the way.

danceri110
April 9th, 2011, 02:32 PM
OH NOES, not you too???? WHY? *falls to knees* WHY????? Why do bangs sound like a good idea and then turn out wrong???? I'm with you, I share your pain!!! I'm growing with you, keeping your hair in my thoughts.

Like, 3 inches below chin? Does that even count as bangs? I was too scared to go all the way.

Lucky, I wish MY bangs were that long /:
I loved my bangs for a while after I cut them, maybe a month? And then I realized 'Damnit, I HATE THEM!'(excuse my french)
And when they were shorter, I always felt the need to straighten them even if the rest of my hair was scrunched *sigh* so now they are crispy on the last 1/2 inch :justy:

Tomoyo
April 9th, 2011, 02:33 PM
Methinks I spy an "I did something really stupid with my hair, so now I'm going to make up stories about how it was for a good cause/really not my fault". I just chopped into a pixie, and I have mixed feelings about it. Certainly it's not something I want to keep forever. But there's no need to create BAWW threads about what may not have been the best decision.

jojo
April 9th, 2011, 02:42 PM
Which is it ?????

you took the words out of my mouth, I too would like an explanation to which if any story is true. TIA

Slinks
April 9th, 2011, 02:44 PM
lol, well I noticed she still didn't come back and answer you UltraBella :-)

Gawd :rolleyes:

you Bang lovelys have your hair in my thoughts .. I like bangs tho, I always get this urge to grow them out but I always end up cutting them .. why, oh why do I do that .. is it because I like bangs or is it because I can't stand growing them out ?? oh now I'm sooooo confused .. waaaahhh, snivel I need a hanky .. :justy:

jojo
April 9th, 2011, 02:45 PM
this is what im thinking too

pepperminttea
April 9th, 2011, 02:45 PM
Put your pitchforks away; the cheese knife is far more useful. There are worse things than needing a bit of attention, especially after a big haircut (which to be honest, I thought more people would relate to). Whichever story is true, regretting a dramatic cut sucks.

Slinks
April 9th, 2011, 02:51 PM
Put your pitchforks away; the cheese knife is far more useful..

this is just too funny !!!! :cheese:

jojo
April 9th, 2011, 02:52 PM
lol, well I noticed she still didn't come back and answer you UltraBella :-)

Gawd :rolleyes:

you Bang lovelys have your hair in my thoughts .. I like bangs tho, I always get this urge to grow them out but I always end up cutting them .. why, oh why do I do that .. is it because I like bangs or is it because I can't stand growing them out ?? oh now I'm sooooo confused .. waaaahhh, snivel I need a hanky .. :justy:

no i thought that too, she is probably too busy writing thread number 4 " help a dog ate my hair what should i do?":D

Kalypso
April 9th, 2011, 02:54 PM
:disgust: Like my momma always said: "Oh what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive!"
Couldn't resist posting this.

Bene
April 9th, 2011, 02:54 PM
no i thought that too, she is probably too busy writing thread number 4 " help a dog ate my hair what should i do?":D

I will pee myself laughing if I see that.

Slinks
April 9th, 2011, 02:59 PM
I will pee myself laughing if I see that.
ME TOO :D

jesis
April 9th, 2011, 03:03 PM
:cheese::cheese::cheese::cheese::cheese::cheese:

UltraBella
April 9th, 2011, 03:07 PM
Put your pitchforks away; the cheese knife is far more useful. There are worse things than needing a bit of attention, especially after a big haircut (which to be honest, I thought more people would relate to). Whichever story is true, regretting a dramatic cut sucks.

Regret is one thing, needing some attention is understandable.......but claiming a huge, ball your eyes out mistake by a stylist - and then turning around and claiming you selflessly cut it all off for charity to honor a deceased friend's dying wish - is going to ruffle feathers. And both stories had plenty of detail, which is why it's disturbing.
I am going to go enjoy some other threads, this has irritated me enough for one day.

Kalypso
April 9th, 2011, 03:09 PM

I'm putting a bright orange post-it note on my bathroom mirror which reads; " LEAVE YOUR BANGS ALONE PUTZ!!!"

danceri110
April 9th, 2011, 03:11 PM
I'm putting a bright orange post-it note on my bathroom mirror which reads; " LEAVE YOUR BANGS ALONE PUTZ!!!"

Ohh, good idea(: Are you growing out bangs too?

jesis
April 9th, 2011, 03:12 PM

Hahaha this made me laugh:D

Kalypso
April 9th, 2011, 03:24 PM
Yes. I have been growing them out for years. I will see someone with cute bangs, and then I get scissor happy, only to regret it weeks later.

danceri110
April 9th, 2011, 03:40 PM
Yeah, darn those people who can pull off bangs like it's nothing ):<

I can't for the life of me find a "Growing out my bangs" Forum, but I'm sure there is one. Have any of you happened upon one?

gthlvrmx
April 9th, 2011, 03:55 PM

:cheese: jaja i love these...they make me giggle.:cheese:

gthlvrmx
April 9th, 2011, 03:57 PM

and furthermore, i will repeat :) :cheese: it's good stuff.
still sucks when the hairstylist cuts off more than you wanted, i know the feeling.

physicschick
April 9th, 2011, 04:14 PM
I am closing this thread. If people have concerns about a post or a poster, please use the "report post" button.