PDA

View Full Version : What has worked long term for you?

Amraann
March 30th, 2011, 11:50 PM
Does anyone have a really long term hair care method that has worked for them and kept working as you grew your locks?

hanne jensen
March 31st, 2011, 12:18 AM
Using LHC methods to care for my hair. Treating it like antique lace, detangling gently from the bottom working my up, etc.

As a hair dummy, these logical things never occured to me. I kick myself in the behind that I first learned to properly care for my hair at the age of 49!

Ishje
March 31st, 2011, 01:06 AM
coconut oil has done wonders for me over the last 2 years, also braiding it at night and wearing it up during the day had made a big change long term.
and washing only once a week instead of 3 times a week.

Calanthe
March 31st, 2011, 01:12 AM
Bunning or braiding at night. Very useful for a number of reasons...:D

Phexlyn
March 31st, 2011, 01:19 AM
Ditching the brush and going comb only. Probably the best thing I ever did for my hair, it's much softer now, gets less damage and it's easier to be gentle with it. Plus I just love the feeling of a wooden comb ;)

christine1989
March 31st, 2011, 01:23 AM
My most long term practices have been ditching the SLS and taking biotin. Both reduce shedding for me and help keep my hair nice and thick.

ElusiveMuse
March 31st, 2011, 02:00 AM
Oiling, apple cider vinegar rinses, and patience.

Eolan
March 31st, 2011, 02:05 AM
Being conefree really works for me. Putting oil or something moisturizing on wet hair. And recently I have been using Nightbloomings Panacea more and more and that stuff really is as good as everybody says! So yes, there are things that work long term! :D

pepperminttea
March 31st, 2011, 03:49 AM
Wearing it up is a big one for me. Less tangles, less damage. It's also a great excuse for a growing hairtoy collection. :p

Vorvolaka
March 31st, 2011, 03:55 AM
Oiling and wearing it up have been good for me so far.

krissykins
March 31st, 2011, 06:32 AM
CO, oiling, updos, and my wooden comb are things I've done for awhile and it has made quite the difference.

CarpeDM
March 31st, 2011, 08:11 AM
Using all natural products and staying away from heat has made my hair much stronger and I can go longer in between trims because it doesn't get crunchy, damaged or dry anymore.

telegraph64
March 31st, 2011, 08:29 AM
Conditioning more, shampooing less, finger and wide tooth combing only. Not using a comb with a seam.

:)

Madora
March 31st, 2011, 08:43 AM
I've been following the principles of Dr. George Michael since 1960. They work!

Treat your hair like antique lace. Brush 100 strokes per day (upon rising) with a pure bbb.

I've been using his pink shampoo for years.

And while I've been following his methods for decades, I think almost anyone can have beautiful hair if they are patient and treat their hair gently (no ironing/heat straightening/blow dryers/harsh chemicals, etc.). Bottom line, beautiful hair takes time..and good hair genes from both parents!

Rennire
March 31st, 2011, 09:37 AM
Giving up the straightening iron for me. It killed me to do it but I really can see a difference now. Also, not wearing my hair in ponytails very often has helped a lot.

Amraann
March 31st, 2011, 10:40 AM
Thanks all for replying!

We have so many different things that work for each of us that I was just curious to find out if anyone had a long term plan that has been working.

CarpeDM
March 31st, 2011, 11:29 AM
I've been following the principles of Dr. George Michael since 1960. They work!

Treat your hair like antique lace. Brush 100 strokes per day (upon rising) with a pure bbb.

I've been using his pink shampoo for years.

And while I've been following his methods for decades, I think almost anyone can have beautiful hair if they are patient and treat their hair gently (no ironing/heat straightening/blow dryers/harsh chemicals, etc.). Bottom line, beautiful hair takes time..and good hair genes from both parents!

Pink shampoo you say??