PDA

View Full Version : I need help classifying my hair

nietsdoen
March 30th, 2011, 10:51 PM
I'm a little stuck between categories. First, this morning I put my hair in a ponytail and measured under the hairband and it was about 4", maybe a fraction more. And, I'm not sure if my hair is 1b or 1c. Here's a picture:
http://oi51.tinypic.com/11twx6t.jpg
And, I can't tell between M and C. I can hear it when I roll it around my fingers or pluck it like a string instrument (yes single strand). But I'm not sure it feels "wiry"? Here's a picture of it rolled around my fingers:
http://i56.tinypic.com/2ir4r4j.jpg

Thanks for all your help!

jojo
March 31st, 2011, 04:48 AM
To me your hair is in the 1 catagory, it looks iii in thickness and M/C strands but only you can comment on thickness and individual strands but from eyeballing you have worked it out right.

I can't even feel my strands beween my fingers! Your hair will look even more fantastic as it grows......oh to have thick hair lucky you.

nietsdoen
March 31st, 2011, 05:04 AM
Thanks! I'm still trying to work out b or c, but yeah I agree on the other parts. I didn't even know other people couldn't feel their hair between their fingers. :p

torrilin
March 31st, 2011, 06:53 AM
It looks like you're about BSL, and you've got 2 wavelengths in your hair. To me, that argues for 1b more than 1c. It's still possible you can be wrong :D

When I came to LHC, I would've sworn my hair was 1a. It alway looks stick straight. But I hung around, tried CWC for a while, and then did a clarifying wash. Nope... there was a tiny bit of wave. Ok, so 1b.

Hung around longer, and started a routine of ACV rinses. More curl showed up. Ok, so 1c. I'm kinda dubious that my hair would ever decide to be a 2, but it's definitely happier with gentle handling and me leaving the curl clumps alone as much as possible.

jojo
March 31st, 2011, 05:20 PM
id say your a 1b as your hair isnt poker straight

Jenn of Pence
March 31st, 2011, 06:32 PM
Maybe 1b? But possibly 1c, just don't know. I'm sure you'll get a better idea of what it is as it continues to grow out. :) At least there isn't much difference in how to treat 1b and 1c hair. :)

christine1989
March 31st, 2011, 06:57 PM
No hair typing imput here- I just wanted to drop by to say "Wow!" That is some seriously thick, healthy looking hair! :)

ooo
March 31st, 2011, 07:02 PM
I'd second 1b. With M or C that's rather difficult. You could start with M/C.

MissManda
March 31st, 2011, 07:12 PM
Your hair looks at least 1b to me, but I'd go for 1b/1c. As for the M vs. C thing, go for your first instinct.

You just made me realize that I can pluck my individual strands like a string instrument, too. :bigeyes:

telegraph64
March 31st, 2011, 07:12 PM
Your hair is very close in texture to mine, therefor I will classify you as a 1b/1c M/C iii.
Wonderful hair! I wish I had your thickness.

nietsdoen
March 31st, 2011, 07:17 PM
Thanks everyone, for both the complements and the input :)

I decided to, after taking a shower, comb it once with a wide toothed comb and then vigilantly not touch it. Here are the results:

It looks a lot wavier. I've never done that before with my hair, and thus it doesn't often look like that. Perhaps 1c then?