PDA

View Full Version : I cut my hair! (with pics!)

LittleOrca
March 30th, 2011, 07:06 PM
Calm down! I knew that would get you in here. :) But yes, the day after my birthday I did get my hair cut. My first visit to a salon in YEARS.

I have been thinking about cutting off some of my hair for a while now and always planned to do it myself. However, each time I measured what I thought it should be, I freaked out and chickened out. On my birthday, my mother said she needed a trim and would get on the next day. I went in with my mother and aunt (was sick the previous day so the birthday shopping happened the day after my birthday :D ) and I told myself that I was going to get it done. Every time I have thought of doing it before I felt faint. This time, however, I was calm. I told myself it had to be done, and I was quite clear on how much I would tolerate being taken off without coming across as an aggressive b*tch.

When I let my hair down from my ficcare clip, the salon guy smiled bright and went "Ooh, super long!" Me? Not in my eyes. ;) After just a few minutes, the salon guy told me he was done, and parted my hair and flopped it over my shoulders so I could see the results. I almost stopped breathing. My fairytale ends were gone. It was what I had wanted, but that part was gone. He then turned me around (of course I was standing since he could not cut it with me sitting) and handed me a mirror and when I looked at it from there I felt much better.

Here was the result:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=2521&pictureid=93051
BEFORE
(My hair in January this year)

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=2521&pictureid=99296
AFTER
(My hair on March 24th)

Yes, my ends are still thinner than the rest, but I am not giving up more of my length. Eventually all the gold parts of my hair will be cut off, but I want to enjoy it as long as possible as the natural hair grows out. I guess I am at maintenance with very little to no actually progression in overall length for the next few years. :rolleyes:

Dragon
March 30th, 2011, 07:13 PM
He did a great job. I am glad you are happy with it :)

telegraph64
March 30th, 2011, 07:14 PM
Oh my goodness! :thudpile:
Your ends look much nicer, and your hair is stunning. I'm very happy to hear you have received what you wanted at the salon.

christine1989
March 30th, 2011, 07:14 PM
Wow! It actually looks longer in the after pic. :)

AnqeIicDemise
March 30th, 2011, 07:34 PM

Quoted for truth.

It looks beautiful, hun.. and you're a teeny tiny little thing behind that large canopy of hair. *-*

LittleOrca
March 30th, 2011, 07:38 PM
Quoted for truth.

It looks beautiful, hun.. and you're a teeny tiny little thing behind that large canopy of hair. *-*

I am shrinkin' along as my hair grows. :) I am down to, I think it was, 77 pounds lost. :)

mrsbob
March 30th, 2011, 07:38 PM
It looks wonderful and I think it looks longer too, probably because it's not quite so wispy on the ends! I'm glad you found somebody who respected your wishes.

ericthegreat
March 30th, 2011, 07:39 PM
Wonderful cut! I actually think that the cut improved your hair, it made it much fuller and thicker at the bottom so there is more overall volume now. You really do have mermaid hair, I love the golden blonde color and the natural waves.

nazzooyzo
March 30th, 2011, 07:42 PM
it looks really good!

Amraann
March 30th, 2011, 07:47 PM
It really came out lovely!!!

vanity_acefake
March 30th, 2011, 07:58 PM
LittleOrca it looks beautiful. Gorgeous, super long and so healthy.
You are always my mermaid hair idol.
And congratulations on the weight loss. That is amazing.

LittleOrca
March 30th, 2011, 08:00 PM
Thank you everyone :D

eyesofsummer
March 30th, 2011, 08:28 PM
It looks great! Honestly it doesn't look like you've cut much hair at all, but it has changed your hemline dramatically :) very nice

krissykins
March 30th, 2011, 08:47 PM
I am shrinkin' along as my hair grows. :) I am down to, I think it was, 77 pounds lost. :)

:thud: LittleOrca! That's amazing!!! Congrats :D

I think your hair looks lovely before and after the trim, but it definitely doesn't look like there is any lost length.

Cirafly24
March 30th, 2011, 08:57 PM

That's amazing! You and your hair look great :D

Off topic, but if you don't mind me asking, are you following a specific program for weight loss?

Lostsoule77
March 30th, 2011, 09:02 PM
I agree that it looks like your hair is longer in the 2nd picture. It looks as beautiful as ever. Congratulations on the weight loss as well, that is amazing. :)

DaveDecker
March 30th, 2011, 09:23 PM
:thumbsup:

UltraBella
March 30th, 2011, 09:28 PM
I can NOT tell that you lost any length but the ends look so much better. It's like a magic hair cut !!!! I want one !
The weight loss is wow, great accomplishment !

lindaton
March 30th, 2011, 09:30 PM
It looks so good. And so do you. Ive always loved reading your posts and watching you swim by. Also curious about your weightloss program.

Linda

lillylonghair
March 30th, 2011, 09:54 PM
I have admired your hair since I've been on LHC and it looks so gorgeous! Congrats for having the guts to get a salon cut. I am nowhere near as long as you and I felt like I was having a panic attack the last time I went to a salon.

Also congrats on the weight loss! I know it takes a lot of hard work and change to do it.

LittleOrca
March 30th, 2011, 10:11 PM
Thanks again! The weight loss info can be found in my blog. :D

Debra83
March 30th, 2011, 10:23 PM
Awesome hair growth! Awesome body ungrowth!!! :D

Phexlyn
March 31st, 2011, 01:16 AM
Your hair looks lovely, I'm glad you're happy with your results! :)

Eolan
March 31st, 2011, 02:08 AM
Very pretty LittleOrca! Love the wonderful waves!

Robbi Dehlinger
March 31st, 2011, 03:38 AM
LilOrca you are such a PWINCESS! Looks even lovlier than before!:)

Neneka
March 31st, 2011, 04:33 AM
You startled me with that title! :p I have been admiring you and your hair and your hair toys as well while I have been here! I agree with Robbi, you are like a princess. :blossom:

Robbi Dehlinger
March 31st, 2011, 04:35 AM
You startled me with that title! :p I have been admiring you and your hair and your hair toys as well while I have been here! I agree with Robbi, you are like a princess. :blossom:

Not a princess a PWINCESS LOL:cool:

jojo
March 31st, 2011, 04:44 AM
you clever mermaid you, its actually looks longer now! I have same problem with thin ends but you done a great job *high Five*

Avital88
March 31st, 2011, 04:48 AM
wow, he did such a nice job.. must be weird being at the salon standing haha,, hmm i cant imagine that, it used to be so relaxing.. I havent been in any for a year so im curious if i ever will go if i have to stand too..
I love your waves and the ends are really nice now.

Neneka
March 31st, 2011, 11:09 AM
Not a princess a PWINCESS LOL:cool:

Oops. A PWINSESS then. :)

NouvelleNymphe2
March 31st, 2011, 11:14 AM
Gorgeous, wow. Your hair is amazing! I think the guy who trimmed your hair is a keeper. :cheese:

Sooze
March 31st, 2011, 11:29 AM
What a fantastic hairdresser - he's had total respect for you and your hair. The end result is brilliant. Really does look longer, bizarrely!

Anje
March 31st, 2011, 11:32 AM
Wow! It looks great.

Nice trick posting a before picture from January.... it is the same length, isn't it!?!?

LittleOrca
March 31st, 2011, 11:53 AM
:lol: Pwincess Wittle Owca...

Wow! It looks great.
Nice trick posting a before picture from January.... it is the same length, isn't it!?!?

The picture from January is just the one I had that looked the best. my ends tend to break off more than actually gain length, but it might be the same. Here is a picture from February taken for my second year Hair-niversary.

http://www.untamedtresses.com/members/littleorca-1655/albums/length-shots-progress/2603-happy-2-year-hair-niversary-me.jpg

Ack, it's huge. lol

I think it's more that my ends are more visible now so there is an actual end to my hair rather than it fading off into the nether.

spidermom
March 31st, 2011, 12:02 PM
Oh my goodness; what did he do - cut off 20 hairs? I really don't see much of a difference except maybe a little at the very center and left of center in the back.

I'm glad you got exactly what you wanted.

MeganE
March 31st, 2011, 12:06 PM
Wow! It's like finding out unicorns exist... a stylist who actually isn't scissor happy!! Your hair looks almost identical in both pictures, at least to my eye. I'm sure you see the difference though! I'm glad he was able to do exactly what you asked for. That is magical.

error
March 31st, 2011, 12:10 PM
Aww what a lovely job he did , and for a lovely lady inside and out !!!

wavykisses
March 31st, 2011, 12:20 PM
very good cut, he respect your decision and your hair looks beautiful without loosing length

LittleOrca
March 31st, 2011, 05:31 PM
Oh my goodness; what did he do - cut off 20 hairs? I really don't see much of a difference except maybe a little at the very center and left of center in the back.

I'm glad you got exactly what you wanted.

He cut off more than 20 hairs... it was 23. :p

jojo
March 31st, 2011, 07:20 PM
^^ not 24 now are you sure? really sure! I missread your first post thought you had trimmed it, but whoever did, did a great job

MissManda
March 31st, 2011, 07:21 PM
I agree with the posters who said that your hair looks longer after the trim! :D Congratulations! :flower: Your waves are just so perfect and gorgeous!

Nae
March 31st, 2011, 07:32 PM
Wow!! Wow, wow, wow..........and lets see...oh wait, did I say WOW?!??!

WOW!

That made such a difference!! Really awesome!!!

fairystar32
March 31st, 2011, 07:47 PM
beautiful :) you hair is so pretty xxx

ooo
March 31st, 2011, 07:55 PM
Congrats, it looks healthier and fuller over all.

mrs carol
March 31st, 2011, 08:23 PM
Looks really nice. You have beautiful hair.

lilravendark
April 1st, 2011, 12:31 AM

Congrats on the 77 pounds you are looking amazing, it's inspirational because I'm trying to do the same thing lol Your hair looks beautiful congrats on finding a hairdresser that wasnt scissor happy he did an awesome job :)

Lamb
April 1st, 2011, 05:29 AM

It does indeed! All the thickness has moved down to the hemline!
The stylist did a great job, your hair looks beautiful! And you have gotten so much slimmer, it's incredible. :)

freckles
April 1st, 2011, 05:45 AM
it looks great! :)

justme
April 4th, 2011, 12:58 AM
You and your hair are looking mighty fine, m'lady! :D

jeanniet
April 8th, 2011, 10:57 PM
Your ends look much better now, and he really didn't take off much at all (I can't tell, anyway). I think you hit a winner at the salon. :)