PDA

View Full Version : Need a hair product suggestion

Magdalene
March 30th, 2011, 06:39 PM
For the play I'm in I found that it is working best with dirty hair- it clumps better and stays out of my face (the director wants it completely down and "crazy")

I can't go the whole run without washing, though, so I need some suggestions of what I can use to give me that same feeling...

natural or commercial product suggestions welcome!

My hair is very, very slippery (I only use conditioner if I need to detangle) and I'm wearing it in uneven braidwaves so nothing that adds slip is needed here! (it will be AFTER the show closes, lol) And my hair doesn't really care for oils.

vanity_acefake
March 30th, 2011, 07:00 PM
Don't cringe too much but what about hairspray?
Or the dry shampoo or hair powder.
At least they are all temporary.
Good luck with the play or should I say break a leg.
:)

Mountaingrrl
March 30th, 2011, 08:12 PM
Molding mud is another possibility.

krissykins
March 30th, 2011, 08:34 PM
Using lots of gel makes my hair feel oily and dirty. :p

Firefox7275
March 31st, 2011, 04:08 AM
Too much leave-in conditioner (or a wash out used as a leave-in) leaves your hair sticky and clumpy.

Magdalene
March 31st, 2011, 10:26 AM
Hm, conditioner usually makes my hair MORE slippery, but maybe as a leave in. Not sure it would hold the braidwaves, though.

I don't mind using hairspray if necessary, I'm just finding it doesn't work as well on clean hair (for this specific purpose)

Mud sounds interesting, I'm not really familiar with that product. Tell me more?

My hair seems to clump up better after I've been sweating- I wonder if salt water would help?

bella77
March 31st, 2011, 10:36 AM
Hm, conditioner usually makes my hair MORE slippery, but maybe as a leave in. Not sure it would hold the braidwaves, though.

I don't mind using hairspray if necessary, I'm just finding it doesn't work as well on clean hair (for this specific purpose)

Mud sounds interesting, I'm not really familiar with that product. Tell me more?

My hair seems to clump up better after I've been sweating- I wonder if salt water would help?

you can mae a spritz bottle with water and salt to give you that "beachy" hair. There is a product called "dirt" made by Jonathan- you can get it online or at a high end salon, we have one called Ulta, but not sure if they are located everwhere. Sephora.com also sells it as does Amazon.com. It is supposed to give your hair that dirty day 2 day 3 unwashed feel. I do believe it's a styling putty or mud as someone else suggested.