PDA

View Full Version : Clarify question? Please help!

LD224
March 30th, 2011, 09:54 AM
I just clarified my hair, (to do a henna) I washed with Suave coconut and did a quick vinegar rinse. When I went to comb out my hair, there were all these whitish bits in my hair. (not dandruff).
So I washed my hair again, with Dr. Bronners soap. The bits are still there, in fact I think there are more of them.

I have recently (just once) tried a Pantene Beautiful Lengths Hair Masque. This is the first time I've washed since the masque.
Could I have build up from this product so quickly?? I don't usually have a reaction with cones... though I don't use them all the time.
I'm not quite sure what to do at this point
:poot:
Should I try the henna or wash again?
This ever happen to anyone else?

Firefox7275
March 30th, 2011, 10:06 AM
Some of the mask will have remained in your hair, that is sort of the point! It's possible there has been a chemical reaction between two products you have used, possibly down to the change in pH - vinegar being acidic and soap alkaline? I'd wash again with a sulphate shampoo as the mask will likely be formulated to be removed with a standard shampoo.

LD224
March 30th, 2011, 10:17 AM
I washed again with suave coconut shampoo, like I did the first time but didn't use vinegar. The white bits are still there. :confused:.
I've used masks before, this has never happened.

Anje
March 30th, 2011, 10:37 AM
Strange. It could be that the white bits just aren't rinsing out and are left in from one of your previous washes.

Take a look at your products and in your vinegar. Make sure there aren't white bits in there.

In any case, if you haven't I'd suggest you go ahead and henna. A few white bits won't stop the color, and you'll have a whole bunch of gunk to wash out with them afterward.

At worst, you'll have orange bits after that. :)