PDA

View Full Version : Getting rid of a part?

Lippytoes
March 30th, 2011, 03:34 AM
I've been slightly obsessed about excessive scalp cleavage lately, and was thinking that if I trained my hair out of any kind of part, it might help with the random scalp part that turns up on the crown of my head.

I've been switching my part around somewhat - to either side, sometimes even a middle part (I had a strict middle part when I was younger so it's still weird to go back to it :D). But the section at the crown of my head is all annoyingly central-party whatever I do.

I'm not sure if no-part-at-all would actually look best on me, but it might be one way to try and solve the scalp cleavage issue?

And the most crucial question: what would be the best way to go about training my hair out of a part?

Othala
March 30th, 2011, 03:39 AM
What is "the scalp cleavage issue"?

I am intruiged.

Firefox7275
March 30th, 2011, 03:50 AM
Perhaps the parting at the crown is just the way your hair grows? Have you tried little clips at the roots to give lift and train the hair the way you want it to go?

Lippytoes
March 30th, 2011, 04:14 AM
What is "the scalp cleavage issue"?

I am intruiged.

You know when you do your hair in a bun or lace braid, say, and find that there's bits of scalp that just show up, like, extra partings where they shouldn't be? That's how I'd define scalp cleavage. Makes me worry that my hair's getting thinner, although that might just be paranoia...

Lippytoes
March 30th, 2011, 04:14 AM
Perhaps the parting at the crown is just the way your hair grows? Have you tried little clips at the roots to give lift and train the hair the way you want it to go?

Yeah, I suppose it might just be part of how my hair grows. *sigh* But ooh, clipping it like that might be a good idea! I'll try it tonight when I wash my hair. Thanks!

Othala
March 30th, 2011, 01:59 PM
You know when you do your hair in a bun or lace braid, say, and find that there's bits of scalp that just show up, like, extra partings where they shouldn't be? That's how I'd define scalp cleavage. Makes me worry that my hair's getting thinner, although that might just be paranoia...

Oh, I get it now. Yes, it freaks me out when I see scalp "where it shouldn't be". It makes me feel like I am losing hair.

shockinglength
March 30th, 2011, 02:17 PM
Hmmm I have been trying to do that for months now! My part just went back way to far on my head. I've tryed combing some of the hair back, and today I parted on my opposite side of my head and it * seems * be a bit better.

Lippytoes
March 31st, 2011, 01:39 AM
My part just went back way to far on my head.

Ooh yeah, frustrating, that!

Eolan
March 31st, 2011, 02:18 AM
This might sound odd, but I had a hard time changing my part around when I used cones. Now that I don't use them anymore and let my hair dry before I style it, it is so much easier to change my part. I hope this is helpful... :)

Tiina
March 31st, 2011, 03:06 AM
I've tried to change my part but hasn't worked so far. My part goes in a Y shape very far back my head. Will keep an eye on this thread for suggestions.

Lippytoes
March 31st, 2011, 03:11 AM
This might sound odd, but I had a hard time changing my part around when I used cones. Now that I don't use them anymore and let my hair dry before I style it, it is so much easier to change my part. I hope this is helpful... :)

I CO, and have been cone-free for ages. So that isn't part of the problem... But helpful info for coneheads, perhaps! :)

Eolan
March 31st, 2011, 03:35 AM
I CO, and have been cone-free for ages. So that isn't part of the problem... But helpful info for coneheads, perhaps! :)

Let's hope so! :D