PDA

View Full Version : Headaches and hair toys

Mrs. D
March 29th, 2011, 12:35 PM
Greetings,
Do any of you experience headaches with certain hair toys? Today I am wearing (and not for the first time) this double comb devices that has beads and elastic connecting the combs and I have a crushing headache. Do not know if it is this, the fact that my hair is drying with it on or my co-workers driving me to poke my eyes out with a letter opener.

Yours in Excedrin,
Shannon :headache:

Wavelength
March 29th, 2011, 12:37 PM
If you don't usually get headaches, I'd guess it's because your hair is drying with the elasticized hairtoy in place. When your hair dries, it shrinks as it's losing water to evaporation. Which could mean that as it dries, the elastic pulls tighter on your scalp. Maybe take it down and redo it a little bit looser, especially if your hair is still drying.

Of course if it's your coworkers, can't help you there... except to say, "Stay AWAY from the letter opener!" ;)

telegraph64
March 29th, 2011, 12:40 PM
I am very headache prone and do get cluster headaches, and avoid any tight up-dos for that reason. Just about any hair toy will trigger pain on a tight bun. I have to wear light hair toys and very loose buns.