PDA

View Full Version : I just dyed my hair BLACK! Not sure if i like it...help me out?

goldcopperbrown
March 29th, 2011, 12:17 PM
I still don't know how to upload pics but it's the first one in my album...excuse how sick I look...I'm sick! lol.

Should I keep it or go lighter? I don't feel like myself really...it feels like I'm wearing a wig! I'm used to having medium to dark brown hair and you'd be surprised at how different this feels.

here, hopefully this link works
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=7342&pictureid=99148

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=7342&pictureid=99148

selderon
March 29th, 2011, 12:19 PM
Give it a few days and reassess when you are feeling better. You don't look yourself right now due to the cold you have and probably are being too hard on yourself. ;)

Tiina
March 29th, 2011, 12:32 PM
It will likely soften a little in a few weeks. It doesn't look bad to me but if you feel differently then at least give it some time before you try to lighten it. I know from experience that lightening dyed black hair can be absolutely disastrous. In the end I had to get a buzz-cut to look acceptable.

telegraph64
March 29th, 2011, 12:35 PM
Personally I like the look on you. Black hair is very pretty, and fear not, over time the dye will lighten with washing and sun fading. Also, there are products on the market that are not literal bleach that can strip hair dye. I believe they are called color oops and color fix, although they can still be very harsh, especially if you are trying to go for great lengths.
Best of luck and wishes!

Kathie
March 29th, 2011, 12:36 PM
I think it suits you. I also recommend waiting a bit before doing anymore changes... let the look grow on you a bit. I hope you are feeling better soon :flower:

ladydiane818
March 29th, 2011, 12:40 PM
It doesn't look bad, at all! Like others said, wait until you feel better, then give yourself a hair treatment. Glossy black hair is beautiful!

Firefox7275
March 29th, 2011, 12:52 PM
I think it looks beautiful! :D Maybe play with different hairstyles or change your go-to clothes for ones you don't wear so often (yup those with the tags still on)? I had to do this going to blonde to red.

RitaCeleste
March 29th, 2011, 12:55 PM
Give it 30 days at least before processing your hair again. Black just takes some getting use to. Satin makes a color remover. Ion from Sally's makes a color remover. I tried the Ion on black cherry garnier and it came out. But you just did it black, so wait and give your hair time to get over that.

varintalonguard
March 29th, 2011, 12:56 PM
I think you look lovely. You probably are not liking the color due to the change in skin tone from feeling ill. I think you look like Claudia Black.:cheese:

Eboshi
March 29th, 2011, 12:58 PM
I think you should try to dye your hair gold-copper-brown ....... ;)

NouvelleNymphe2
March 29th, 2011, 01:05 PM
It looks lovely! I would definitely keep it. I think you could get your hair all nice and shiny, and it would look beautiful :).

BabyRay33
March 29th, 2011, 02:05 PM
I think it looks nice, but if you don't like it, try washing with baby shampoo a couple times to dull the color a little. I would take your time thinking about it before you change it again.

spidermom
March 29th, 2011, 02:13 PM
If you don't like it, the sooner you do a treatment like Color Oops, the better.

ooo
March 29th, 2011, 02:13 PM
Hope you'll get better soon. Once you're healthy and put on some make up, I guess it will work out for you :)

RedheadMistress
March 29th, 2011, 02:46 PM
- Keep it, it looks great !

Artsy
March 29th, 2011, 02:55 PM
If you are used to wearing at least a bit of make up, it is not fare to compare the haircolour if you don't have any make up on:) Especially if you went darker, it is very easy to freak out:D
I like the dark brown on you BTW

kitten1986
March 29th, 2011, 04:24 PM
Wow I actually really like it! Your photo made me long for my old black hair again :)
Usually with black hair it looks REALLY REALLY black when you first dye, but over about 2 weeks of washing it settles a bit and looks more natural, it is also quite a stark colour to have right next to your face so sometimes it just takes some time to get used to your new look!

jojo
March 29th, 2011, 04:29 PM
I really like it, darker hair takes a little time to get used to plus your probably a little pale due to your cold but it suits your eye colour great,

maborosi
March 29th, 2011, 04:52 PM
Give it a few washes to fade a bit- that's how I am whenever I re-dye my hair. At first it'll look jet-black, then fade to a beautiful very dark reddish-brown (You can see the red in the sunlight!) I think it looks nice on you, though!

~maborosi~

Fufu
March 29th, 2011, 06:24 PM
It looks great on you, a few washes and it wont be so jet black.

lw8666
March 29th, 2011, 06:30 PM
I prefer black hair of all hair colors on myself. Just wait a couple days. I notice that it is usually pretty intense the first couple days, but becomes slightly softer over time.

AnqeIicDemise
March 29th, 2011, 07:37 PM
I saw this thread at work and wanted to reply so badly.. but couldn't. XD

Have you tried the OOPS! color remover? It is not a bleach and I don't know if it would work with black very well, but its worth a shot.

But, I do believe you should wait a bit before deciding if it a) grows on you or b) find yourself avoiding mirrors.

christine1989
March 29th, 2011, 07:42 PM
I like it a lot! Whenever I get a new hair style it feels akward at first but I always get used to it and end up loving it.

Lostsoule77
March 29th, 2011, 08:33 PM
I think it looks really good. It doesn't look fake black which dyed black often can. I too suggest that you wait until your over your cold and feeling more like yourself before you make another change. Maybe by then the black will have grown on you. Whatever you do good luck and I hope you feel better soon.

Demetrue
March 29th, 2011, 09:21 PM
Actually, I think it looks very natural!

mustpannkook
March 29th, 2011, 09:31 PM
It looks really nice, actually! Matches well with your eyes.

TiaKitty
March 30th, 2011, 08:21 AM
I like it! I think when you get a bit healthier and do your make-up you'll find you are satisfied with it. I think it will look stunning!!!

x0h_bother
March 30th, 2011, 08:44 AM
I really like it and I don't think it makes you look pale/sick. I also am pretty sure it will fade at least a bit at some point as Fufu mentioned - sometimes the color is more stark the first day. Beautiful, as are you! :blossom:

morecowbell
March 30th, 2011, 09:09 AM
Wow, I think the consensus is that it looks great! :) I looked through your albums, and with your skin tone, I think the darker colors made you look more exotic and really very good! :)
I used to dye my hair black, and because I'm very pale and have light eyes (and wanted the black to look natural), I had to develop a way to make it look less severe and matte with color when it was freshly dyed. Here's how I kept my chemical black looking natural: After dying, while you're rinsing the dye out, wash your hair. I used to use a dandruff shampoo to really fade my hair to a black with brown undertones, it made it look natural! :)

Hth, and don't beat yourself up, it looks great! :D

Eolan
March 30th, 2011, 09:27 AM
I really like it too! It looks very natural, as others have stated as well. But ultimately, you are the one who has to like it! :)

pinchbeck
March 30th, 2011, 09:39 AM
Sometimes when playing with colour it can be helpful to use a rinse out hair colour to see how it looks. Believe me, I learned this the hard way! However, with your colouring you can get away with black.

mrsbob
March 30th, 2011, 09:44 AM
I commented on your picture, but I'll say it again...it's gorgeous! You easily pull off that gorgeous color! And, if you look that good when you're not feeling well...you must be absolutely ravishing when you're feeling good!!!

Oksana
March 30th, 2011, 10:06 AM
I think you pull off the black really well :) but that said, i think your hair colour in your avatar looks stunning on you!

Maybe wait until you are feeling better and take some more pictures, that way you can judge it more fairly.