PDA

View Full Version : New Here And Need A Little Help

mrsbob
March 29th, 2011, 08:47 AM
Hi everyone. I love this site...finally a place where women can go on and on about their hair without feeling silly! Love it!

I can't see many of the pictures that you all post, I get a little box that says the administration needs to do something so I can see?

What do I need to do for full access?

Also, I'm still trying to learn all the abbreviations, I'm stumped about what kind of hair I have...can somebody point me to where I can find out what all those numbers mean?

Thanks so much! :flower:

vanity_acefake
March 29th, 2011, 08:50 AM
To access people's albums you need to have over a certain number of posts.
As for hair typing I can't exactly remember where the info is but you could try the new start here section.
Hope this helps and welcome.
:)

vanity_acefake
March 29th, 2011, 08:52 AM
I had a quick look and it is under new start here.
It's the second one down with all the links you need.

mrsbob
March 29th, 2011, 08:55 AM
Thanks, I'll have another look! I guess I better get to posting...I want to see all of the pictures!

Right now I'm lost in the growing out bangs thread...oh, oh, oh....I relate and am lost in bang hell at the moment!

In2wishin
March 29th, 2011, 09:21 AM
Thanks, I'll have another look! I guess I better get to posting...I want to see all of the pictures!

Right now I'm lost in the growing out bangs thread...oh, oh, oh....I relate and am lost in bang hell at the moment!

The "New? start here" section has a sticky called "Useful Links" which is really helpful to newbies. There is a link to hair typing, common abbreviations and terms, etc.

mrsbob
March 29th, 2011, 09:23 AM
Thanks, I just figured out the hair typing thing...still need to measure my length.
I'm more concerned with bang length at the moment however...grrrr.

I need to lock my scissors up in a vault!

NouvelleNymphe2
March 29th, 2011, 11:20 AM
Welcome to the LHC Mrsbob :). Yes start with the New Start Here, and you can find the user permissions page as well. Or just click here (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=1657). HTH

mrsbob
March 29th, 2011, 11:26 AM
Thanks so much! I did find that...but I still can't see picture postings in the posts yet...and I'm past the 25 now. Oh well....soon I hope!

Yozhik
March 29th, 2011, 11:51 AM
Sometimes it takes a bit of time for the mods to approve of all of your posts -- they go through and check them, plus the 25 required posts to become a full member are supposed to be "quality posts." :)

Sit tight, and I'm sure you'll get access soon. :)

Welcome to LHC, by the way! :flower:

mrsbob
March 29th, 2011, 12:29 PM
Are you saying my posts are of sub-par quality???;)

I'll try to be patient...it's just that this board was made for me! :D

vanity_acefake
March 29th, 2011, 12:31 PM
You could try logging out then in again. That sometimes helps.

mrsbob
March 29th, 2011, 12:35 PM
Vanity...thank you! That did the trick! I can now see pictures! Ok, on the way to being able to blog....

I am going to go have lunch with my son...be back later!:poot:

jojo
March 29th, 2011, 03:14 PM
:waving: hello fellow long hair nut here! Welcome to LHC, you need to get asking those questions which I am sure are driving you mad;) and get your post count up!:eyebrows: but hope you stop around, good to see another hair mad member!

How long are you hoping to grow?:cheese: