PDA

View Full Version : Pls give me your tips / advice for my fine, limp, no volume hair

TropicalBreeze
March 29th, 2011, 09:35 AM
I have tried to so many products to get some decent volume but I haven't found the holy grail. I have fine hair but lots of it. Any advice or product suggestions to give it volume especially at the crown? By the way I used the aloe vera gel recommended here for frizz and it worked like a charm! Thanks :)

spidermom
March 29th, 2011, 10:30 AM
Do a top of head ponytail (not too tight) and roll the ends on curlers at night.
Use a little alcohol free gel or mousse at the roots, bend forward so all hair falls toward the floor, and blow-dry on warm or cool at the roots. When you flip back up, smooth hair into place with fingers; don't comb.
Use a beak clip or several beak clips to hold the roots up as your hair air dries.

(These are strategies that I have heard will work. I have the opposite problem - bushy hair.)

bella77
March 29th, 2011, 10:57 AM
my hair is very fine and thin, I use shampoo bars and acv rinses. I find they give my hair more volume than any shampoo I have ever bought at a store. Also switching to a sls free shampoo and no cones conditioner may help. These things always weighed my hair down too much and getting the coatings off my hair has been a really good thing. Some people do well with cones, serums and such. I do well with coconut oil and a roller set if I want a little more volume. When I blowdry, my hair gets frizzy and looks flat. If I let it dry naturally, plump up the roots using fingertips periodically thru the drying process and scrunch hair often to get some really good waves going.

mrsbob
March 29th, 2011, 11:21 AM
My poor chemically treated hair looks awful if I just let it dry naturally, but I know it's healthiest for it. I've been brushing it straight while I dried and followes with a flat iron...add this to color and highlights every 6 weeks and no wonder my hair is a mess.

Yesterday, I did the CWC, was very gentle with the drying, did NOT use my usual cone and did not flat iron my bangs, and used larger sections with the flat iron instead of smaller ones...and my hair had a TON more body! I'd like to get away from the flat iron altogether, but until my bangs grow out, I just don't feel comfortable with the weird curl I have!

Not sure this actually answers your question...but long story short, for me...less flat iron, CWC, and no cones gave me more body.

NouvelleNymphe2
March 29th, 2011, 12:03 PM
Check out this thread: click here (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=17115&highlight=fine%2Fthin+hair) :)