PDA

View Full Version : Bath or Shower?

ElvenArchess
March 28th, 2011, 10:41 PM
I was laying in bed relaxing and wondering why on earth I don't take more baths (especially candle-lit~), and became curious.. What do you favor when washing your hair: bathing or showering?

I usually work six days out of the week, so my time is focused on being quick and efficient, thus showers are my most common method. This saddens me, though, because I do love a good relaxing bath... Your thoughts!

krissykins
March 28th, 2011, 10:43 PM
For washing my hair, I prefer showers. But when I take baths, I like to put my hair up in a deep treatment underneath a shower cap. I always rinse it out in a shower right after a bath.

christine1989
March 28th, 2011, 11:15 PM
I'm a shower fan all the way! Baths don't get you as clean. Rather, the dirt and oil washes off of you then you sit and marinade in it. :puke: They're ok as long as you're already clean but not a good everyday thing.

Dragon
March 28th, 2011, 11:28 PM
I wish I had a bath tub. I like baths but I like to rinse off in the shower after or I just don’t feel clean. For washing my hair, I prefer a shower.

UltraBella
March 28th, 2011, 11:42 PM
For my hair, showering is easiest. I take a bath daily except on hair washing day, it just makes washing quicker and more efficient to shower.
I really enjoy a nice hot bath and a good book or interesting magazine. And I think I get just as clean in a bath as I do a shower.

Fethenwen
March 29th, 2011, 12:01 AM
I'm a shower fan all the way! Baths don't get you as clean. Rather, the dirt and oil washes off of you then you sit and marinade in it. :puke: They're ok as long as you're already clean but not a good everyday thing.
This is my feelings of baths also, I don't bath to get clean. If I have a bathtub I usually use it just to relax, and I always shower first :p
And no, I would not use a bath to clean my hair. Though a bathtub is extremely practical for washing hair upside down without getting my feet wet.

milagro
March 29th, 2011, 12:24 AM

^this. I don't feel clean if I don't use running water, be it body, hands, face or hair.

And candles in bathroom make me sneer at best or give me a church feel at worst :D I know I'm hopeless.

jaderose
March 29th, 2011, 01:06 AM
Shower for washing hair, bath for relaxation.

BunnyBee
March 29th, 2011, 02:35 AM
I'd kill for a bath :(

Firefox7275
March 29th, 2011, 03:01 AM
I most often wash my hair separate from my body over the bath so I can the roots clean. Baths or power showers waste an incredible amount of water which is not good for the environment and costs money, so I shower and switch off whilst soaping up or wash at the sink depending how dirty I am. Many dermatologists don't recommend daily bathing or showering.

Vorvolaka
March 29th, 2011, 04:09 AM
Shower. Or bath is so rarely used, it doesn't work anymore. And nobody can be bothered fixing it!

rena
March 29th, 2011, 06:23 AM
When I tried to get clean with a bath, my skin suffered :( So I definitely vote showers for cleanliness, and baths for theraputic/relaxing purposes.

Finoriel
March 29th, 2011, 06:25 AM
Shower. Out of several reasons:
- time
- less tangling and more effective cleaning
- saves resources (water and firewood)
- my tub is in the cellar, so I don't even use it to relax - bare concrete-chic together with the washing machine, a shelve of pickled foods and the fire-wood heating system just isn't overly appealing for a relaxing bath :laugh: I have no idea what the previous owner of our house thought when setting up that bath-tub.

Pierre
March 29th, 2011, 06:43 AM
I take showers, whether I'm washing my hair or not. I take baths when I'm sick and need a fever.

MoonLover
March 29th, 2011, 07:21 AM
I used to be terribly scared of baths because of a couple of uti episodes when I was a teen (my dr. said that was the cause but who knows?) Recently though, I've started taking baths once a week to relax while I deep condition my hair and shave. I put coconut oil in my bath and it makes shaving so easy! Not to mention how moist my skin is even though I make my baths very hot. Incense and music make it better as well as some hot tea.

I agree with the dirty- feeling though, I was out my deep conditioner while I take a quick shower after my bath.

Nusia82
March 29th, 2011, 07:24 AM
after getting married...shower! i just don't have time now!
before i used lo love having looong relaxing baths...i coverd my hair with warm oils and ylang ylang EO.... i miss them so much :rolleyes:

NouvelleNymphe2
March 29th, 2011, 07:31 AM
For washing my hair, I prefer showers. But when I take baths, I like to put my hair up in a deep treatment underneath a shower cap. I always rinse it out in a shower right after a bath.

What a great idea! I shower most of the time, but once in awhile enjoy a hot bath with a few drops of an EO. I was thinking about adding instead some goats milk powder and honey the next time :)??????

jackiesjottings
March 29th, 2011, 08:38 AM
Bath as my shower hasn't worked in years (mixer tap, hard water, limestone build up etc). I love my baths :)

Artsy
March 29th, 2011, 08:43 AM
Shower in the morning:) definitely
Bath before bed:p I wish I would have a bathtub where I live now.

My hair likes baths better, it tangles less and rinses better, and DTs are more effective:)

Debra83
March 29th, 2011, 08:45 AM
I take a bath/shower!!! I fill the bubble bath tub using the shower hose and while it's filling I cwc my hair with the hose, then I do my bath stuff on the last c then I rinse my hair, pull the plug, stand up and rinse me. Works for me!!!

Scarlet_Heart
March 29th, 2011, 09:11 AM

I also agree with this. I love to take a bath if it's one of my non-hair-washing days. I'll put it up and enjoy a good soak with some floral bath salts. Mmm.... But not to wash my hair.

The only exception is when I'm rinsing out my henna. I like to soak my hair in the warm bath first because it dissolves the crusties better and makes it easier to CO wash under the shower.

spigette
March 29th, 2011, 09:26 AM
I mostly take baths - I have a wonderful tub right in my bedroom, so it is easier and more relaxing for me. I don't usually bath in the morning, but in the evening, and I only do it about 3-4 times a week. The rest of the time, I get washed in the sink in my room.

We have a shower in the main bathroom, and that is what the rest of my family uses. I just find it uses too much water (I only put a few inches of water in the tub most times, I only fill it up for special occasions or when I have muscle pains or period cramps, etc).

I find the shower dries me out too much and I don't feel really clean after. My hair rinses beautifully in the tub, especially the roots as the water gets in between all the hairs with no residue left behind. I usually just lie down to rinse, but I also have a pitcher on the side of the tub for extra rinsing, sometimes with clean water if I am using bath oils or salts (not often).

I usually soak or relax first with no soap or shampoo, then in the last 5 minutes I shampoo, condition, shave and wash, rinse, get out. So I am not "marinating" in soap and dirt, lol.

BTW - someone said that baths cause UTI's - this is not true. In fact many doctors recommend soaking with eucalyptus oil or epsom salts in a tub or sitz bath to help speed healing of a UTI. Bubble bath, however, can irritate your tissues and bring on a UTI, especially in little girls (who might not be rinsing very well, and whose tissues are especially tender, and whose bubble bath tends to have a lot of bubbles and chemicals in it). I never use the stuff myself.

In2wishin
March 29th, 2011, 09:29 AM
*snip*
I usually work six days out of the week, so my time is focused on being quick and efficient, thus showers are my most common method. This saddens me, though, because I do love a good relaxing bath... Your thoughts!

If you want to get yourself back into taking a relaxing bath, get yourself some fizzies, bath oil, bath salts, etc. Having something special for a bath might inspire you to take one.

Like most here, I take showers to get clean and baths either to relax or if I need to do some kind of skin treatment like using oatmeal for insect bites or sunburn.

EvaSimone
March 29th, 2011, 09:29 AM
I bathe everyday in a bathtub. I prefer them a lot more than showers. :)

To address the idea that it's not as clean, I will soap and rinse off my body parts letting the water down the drain. Then I will fill the tub, soak, luxuriate and get the rest of myself clean.

I wash my hair in the tub without any problems, in fact it seems easier for me. I wash my hair and then rinse in the clean bath water then condition and leave it sitting in my hair, then I soap and rinse all of my other body parts, then I will either rest for a bit or I will let the water out and rinse my hair under the faucet.

Monsterkitti
March 29th, 2011, 09:43 AM
I shower mostly but have a bath once a week, often while letting a deep hair treatment soak in. Showers are much faster and use less water but I love my relaxing bath soak.

bella77
March 29th, 2011, 09:53 AM
I love baths, but I always rinse off in the shower after I am done reading and relaxing.

mrsbob
March 29th, 2011, 10:35 AM
I enjoy baths, but 99% of the time I shower...it's just quicker!

Jenn of Pence
March 29th, 2011, 12:51 PM
Not sure I've ever washed my hair in a tub. :) I shower all the time; we don't have a tub in our bathroom, alas!

Funwithsharps
March 29th, 2011, 02:17 PM
I have never really had much luck with washing my hair in a bath tub. It never gets rinsed enough. Plus, it tangles something horrible in a bathtub! I never have a problem with tangles in a shower. Washing in a bath tub irritates my ears...I am very prone to getting ear infections!

SimplyViki
March 29th, 2011, 02:30 PM
I love baths, but my bathtub is too small. It's not relaxing when I'm all crunched up and can't really sink down into the water.

As far as cleanliness, I used to soak in a bath, soap up last, then rinse with the shower.

Khiwanean
March 29th, 2011, 02:43 PM
I love baths, but I prefer a shower for washing my hair. Especially since I went CO.

feb26
March 29th, 2011, 02:43 PM
I have IBS and BSL hair. Plus for birth control I use the Evra Patch. So personally I take a lot of sitz baths. I don't wash my hair in the bath; shower only. In summer I prefer a quick cool shower.

RedheadMistress
March 29th, 2011, 02:44 PM
- I prefer baths much more, it's way more relaxing, I get time away from people and the doggie, have some incense and candles . . :cheese:

bettylibertine
March 29th, 2011, 11:22 PM
Shower for washing - bath for relaxing :D

Speckla
March 29th, 2011, 11:46 PM
Bathtub every time! I haven't taken a shower in years.

Natalia
March 30th, 2011, 12:39 AM
In general showering, especially when it comes to hair. I dont like to sit in dirty water much less wash my hair in it, but im a little anal about that lol. When i do take a bath i rinse off before and after.

darklion
March 30th, 2011, 12:54 AM
I love a good bath... however for hair washing I prefer a good shower. For some reason my hair comes out feeling cleaner.

dollface
March 30th, 2011, 07:32 PM
i take showers when i wash my hair and need to be speedy but i prefer baths, they always relax me after a long day of class and work.