PDA

View Full Version : My hair NEVER looks the same two days in a row!

Gilly
March 28th, 2011, 02:51 AM
I am getting very frustrated with my hair, it turns out different every day! I can't seem to get it behaving well consistantly at all, i know we all have bad hair days but I am getting very fed up with wondering what sort of a hair day I will have:(
I know loads of people who's hair looks fine every day but mine just likes screwing with my mind:rolleyes:
I am basically using the same stuff, if I do change anything I note the results and if its good will try it again the next day, but this will usually result in a bad hair day even though the same routine produced good results the day before.
I am so frustrated, does anyone have any suggestions?

Firefox7275
March 28th, 2011, 05:12 AM
What are you aiming for, straight or curly? Washing too frequently? Product build-up? Static? Changes in weather/ humidity?

CrisDee
March 28th, 2011, 05:20 AM
Neither does mine. I gave up years ago trying to get the same look two days in a row, for me it just doesn't happen.

Athena's Owl
March 28th, 2011, 05:27 AM
Why would you *want* your hair to look the same every day?

What am I missing? I never wore my hair in the same style two days in a row even when it was short...

spidermom
March 28th, 2011, 09:08 AM
I don't really know what I'm going to end up with from one day to the other, either. Variety is the spice of life.

x0h_bother
March 28th, 2011, 09:22 AM
Ugh me too. I attribute this to being a 2, but it's easy to blame my waves. I think for me it's probably weather, saturation of products, and combing habits. :rolleyes:

AndreaPetrea
March 28th, 2011, 09:54 AM
Usually my hair looks the best when I'm not doing anything special, and the worst when I really want it to look good :evil: I think it has something to do with how my hair is drying after being washed - for instance, how long I have the towel wrapped around it or how much I touch it.

skaempfer
March 28th, 2011, 10:06 AM
Honestly, I just roll with it. Some days it looks better than others, but for the most part, it's fun.

Freakishly independent hair R us.

krissykins
March 28th, 2011, 10:39 AM
Is it supposed to? :p

I wouldn't want my hair to look the same every day. Some days it's wavy, some days it's curly. I like it like that :D

I say stop fighting your hair and embrace its spontaneity.

selderon
March 28th, 2011, 11:59 AM
My hair doesn't look the same two days in a row anymore. It used to when I washed and styled it with heat and product every day. Now that it's longer, I usually have wash day hair (very clean and lightweight), second day hair (just about ideal), third day hair (great for updos) or "needs washing". It acts differently every day because of what it has picked up in the environment (humidity, etc) and what I did with it the previous day and overnight.

What is frustrating to you about the fact that your hair changes from day to day? What would you like to be different? What are you using on it, how much, and how often?

Gilly
March 29th, 2011, 02:36 AM
OK, mae I did not describe it right, it looks defferent in texture, it will be silky and wavy one day then the next (with the same routine) it will be a mass of frizz, it also misbehaves if I blow dry or not. I just want it to be less like a wig, this is the only way that I would get something that looked like the same type hair every day;)
I hope you now get what I mean!

Firefox7275
March 29th, 2011, 04:48 AM
OK, mae I did not describe it right, it looks defferent in texture, it will be silky and wavy one day then the next (with the same routine) it will be a mass of frizz, it also misbehaves if I blow dry or not. I just want it to be less like a wig, this is the only way that I would get something that looked like the same type hair every day;)
I hope you now get what I mean!

If your hair looks silky one day why are you washing again the next? :confused: If bedhead, have you tried damping with a water spray and restyling from there? Or if grease, dry shampoo on the hairline/ parting only (Batiste is my HG) or quitting sulphates?

NouvelleNymphe2
March 29th, 2011, 07:39 AM
I think I might understand what you're saying (or maybe not:)). But when I started taking better care of my hair I eliminated a lot of different things (heat, cones, combing when wet, using a crappy brush, etc.), and my hair became a bit foreign to me. It still kind of is in a way because this is only month 4 of LHC type hair care. But anyway, I agree with some of the members that you roll with it, it's common when you take good care of your hair that it'll look different every day. I largely attribute it to the fact that every day is a different day in my wash cycle, that really seems to have an impact. And also, until my hair gets used to my more natural/careful routine it's going to go through changes and transitional looks and feels.

Fethenwen
March 29th, 2011, 07:56 AM
Heh, my hair has always been like this :p

Sorry, I don't have any advice. Other than maybe you could just put up your hair on bad hair days? And maybe wear a bandana or scarf on even worse days?

selderon
March 29th, 2011, 10:19 AM
Some hair is particularly sensitive to changes in humidity. This may be part of your challenge. You may need a humectant or an anti-humectant or both. Be brave and experiment with different routines and products. It's what weekends are for. ;)

mrsbob
March 29th, 2011, 10:23 AM
I feel your pain....I think the weather has a lot to do with it. Wish I could help!

Gilly
March 29th, 2011, 01:34 PM
If your hair looks silky one day why are you washing again the next? :confused: If bedhead, have you tried damping with a water spray and restyling from there? Or if grease, dry shampoo on the hairline/ parting only (Batiste is my HG) or quitting sulphates?

I MUST wash it daily as it goes completely curly, kinky and wild overnight, no, damping does NOT work nor does dry shampoo, believe me I have tried:rolleyes: and I already have quit SLS.

Heh, my hair has always been like this :p

Sorry, I don't have any advice. Other than maybe you could just put up your hair on bad hair days? And maybe wear a bandana or scarf on even worse days?

Bandanas and scarfs are frowned upon in the office so that is never going to happen!

varintalonguard
March 29th, 2011, 06:21 PM
Have you tried wet-bunning, wrapping or any other methods to keep it in place over night? Its huge for me not to sleep with it down or i get snarly, tangled hair with damage.

Gilly
March 30th, 2011, 01:54 AM
Have you tried wet-bunning, wrapping or any other methods to keep it in place over night? Its huge for me not to sleep with it down or i get snarly, tangled hair with damage.

If you look in my profile you will see that my hair is too short to do do any of the things you suggested unfortunatly, and I have lost count of the amount of times I have told people that I CAN"T wash at night, I just have to do it again in the morning!:(

varintalonguard
March 30th, 2011, 02:15 AM
I'm sorry I didn't see your hair length when I wrote that post about the bunning. You have my apologies. I also didn't see you explain that you couldn't in the evening. Again I am sorry. I tend to be on this forum when I am on my pain or sleep meds so that tends to interfere with how I process info sometimes. All I was trying to suggest, and I have seen people wrap short hair even dry though I am not sure as to how to go about it, it that part of the problem may be tossing and turning at night that causes tangles and un-fun hair. You can perhaps try a sleep cap to help keep it feeling smoother?

julliams
March 30th, 2011, 02:25 AM
For me it's the weather. I seem to remember from a past post that you wash your hair every day right? If that's the case then I think it will be things like humidity, time of day, inside vs outside drying. All of these things have an effect on how your hair dries. And whilst you will see alot of difference day to day, you might find that others don't notice things like that about your hair. If you can find a "go to" hairstyle (mine is a chopstick bun) that works everytime, you can use that if your hair isn't behaving.

Gilly
March 30th, 2011, 02:28 AM
I really hope that one day in the not too distant future I can just put it up and forget about it rather than getting frustrated and stressed by it!:rolleyes:;)

Firefox7275
March 30th, 2011, 02:37 AM
I MUST wash it daily as it goes completely curly, kinky and wild overnight, no, damping does NOT work nor does dry shampoo, believe me I have tried:rolleyes: and I already have quit SLS.

Have you had a poke around communities such as naturallycurly.com? They most definitely do get good second day hair and there is a ton of product/ technique discussion. When I joined LHC a few weeks ago I thought my hair was a wavy fluffy nightmare (2a), I'm starting to realise it is actually CURLY (?2c) and only poofy because I have been trying to make it behave like straight-ish hair! :p This thread was really helpful to me http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/general-discussion-about-curly-hair/47609-post-your-before-after-cg-pics.html

spidermom
March 30th, 2011, 10:08 AM
At your length, a lot of days I'd use a rather generous splat of gel and finger-comb all my hair away from my face. Then I let it do what it would. Yes, it looked wet, and the gel made it kind of stiff, but as long as I kept my fingers out of it, it looked styled and acceptable for the office.