PDA

View Full Version : Starting over

loves2spin
March 27th, 2011, 03:49 PM
I had my hair past waist length and had let my bangs grow out completely. I got to where I just hated how it looked. Not the hair itself, please understand, but how I looked. So, one day I foolishly went and had it all chopped off. Afterwards, I realized that I would have been much happier to just have it shortened some and had new bangs cut. :( But now I am finally starting over. I am SO tired of having short hair! I could use a few pats on the back. :doh:

Heartwillfollow
March 27th, 2011, 04:19 PM
I had my hair past waist length and had let my bangs grow out completely. I got to where I just hated how it looked. Not the hair itself, please understand, but how I looked. So, one day I foolishly went and had it all chopped off. Afterwards, I realized that I would have been much happier to just have it shortened some and had new bangs cut. :( But now I am finally starting over. I am SO tired of having short hair! I could use a few pats on the back. :doh:

:grouphug:
feel what your feeling right now.. I've been a chin length for most of my life and finally growing it out reaching APL and growing my bangs out for the first time in my life they are now just at chin level.. I think it looks odd on me and was coming here to set the two week cutting rule.. not use to not haveing those nice staight blunt cut ends.. half of me thinks to just wear it up all the time since the french twist is so easy now and I won't have to look at how my hair looks at this stage that maybe bls I will feel better and just wait to trim the ends then....

big hugs to you and thanks for shareing your thoughts.. It helps me to think and consider where I am at right now and how I feel too...

HintOfMint
March 27th, 2011, 04:20 PM
We've all been there, it'll be alright. It sucks but this way you get to go through every single style for every length on your way back to long hair. Chin up, girl.

Xandergrammy
March 27th, 2011, 04:22 PM
How about a hug? The good news is that your hair will grow. And we'll be here to cheer you on!

RitaCeleste
March 27th, 2011, 05:53 PM
Yep, you decide to cut it. You walk into the salon. You look at the pictures. You pick a style that should work and be easy to style. If you come out with hair like the picture, its a miracle. And if it actually looks good on you, you've hit the hair lotto. I haven't won lotto yet but my hair is in a constant state of growing out. So far they haven't cut it above brastrap length. (Fear of hysterical tears and screams probably.) The one great thing about hair is that it grows back. Enjoy the little things like how fast dries, how much you are saving on conditioner.... Small consolation but now you can tell all the people who said it would look good shorter you tried it and were not impressed!

redwoman
March 27th, 2011, 06:00 PM
AW! Hugs for you. It WILL grow. In the meantime enjoy it.

Phoenix67
March 27th, 2011, 06:09 PM

Every journey worth travelling starts somewhere. Think of it as an opportunity to do all the right things from the start.
Your hair will be even more beautiful than before and you will treasure every centimetre.... Keep smiling (think quality while the quantity is a work in progress)

spidermom
March 27th, 2011, 06:51 PM
I hope you find something to enjoy about your new style. Good to see you. Hugs.

loves2spin
March 27th, 2011, 07:40 PM
You are all so wonderful. The encouraging words brought me to tears. Truly. I'll keep you posted! I guess I need to update my profile. :joy:

fairystar32
March 27th, 2011, 08:59 PM
As PP say, it will grow and enjoy your journey :)

Huge hugs xxxxxx

dollface
March 28th, 2011, 09:27 PM
this has already been touched on earlier but think of how good a start you'll have growing your hair with LHC. i wish i had found this place a long time ago~

Debra83
March 28th, 2011, 11:16 PM
You're on a new roller coaster now, fasten your seatbelt please, and ENJOY the ride!!! :D

loves2spin
March 29th, 2011, 11:09 AM
Yes, I'll be going through all of the awkward stages, but hopefully the hair I end up with will be very healthy!