PDA

View Full Version : How is this ever good for your hair?! Hair ad video.

MissHair
June 13th, 2008, 12:14 PM
Schwarzkopf has a new product called Poly Blonde.. Not only do you need to bleach your hair but this product features a teasing method as a part of the colouring. Teasing and bleaching blonde? Its like asking for damaged hair.

Watch the teasing part in this advertisement... HORRIBLE :rollin:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=DCmF5PZFZv4

Guenever
June 13th, 2008, 12:19 PM
LOL :lol:

(yes, one word pretty much covers it.. I don't understand everything that was said as I don't speak German, but still... that is one straaaaaaange hair care commercial..)

florenonite
June 13th, 2008, 12:39 PM
There's no way the hair they show was caused by teasing. I mean, it's übershiny and smooth, and teased hair isn't like that.

hurricane_gia
June 13th, 2008, 01:18 PM
Maybe they weren't teasing it to apply the product, maybe they were teasing to to demonstrate how strong the hair is after you've used the product??

I would love for someone who speaks German to jump in here and tell us what the voice-over is saying.

Gladtobemom
June 13th, 2008, 01:34 PM
Maybe we should ask a German speaking member to translate for use.

I just can't believe they are teasing while the hair is so vulnerable (being colored).

k_hepburn
June 13th, 2008, 01:49 PM
I've come across this ad a few times on German TV channels by now, and each time I see the teasing part it sends shivers down my spine. And yes, while the ad does not spell out full instructions, only fragments, the teasing appears to be done BEFORE applying the product, in order to give the end result a supposedly more natural look. And no, I don't want to imagine untangling my hair after having backcombed it first, then applied bleach.

Shivers again.

katharine

Islandgrrl
June 13th, 2008, 01:55 PM
The finished product does look shiny and beautiful, but I wonder how much of that is photoshopped? Or for that matter if they even did use the actual product on the model's hair at all - if her hair color during the application part of the video was photoshopped. It's really not that hard to do.

Nynaeve
June 13th, 2008, 02:13 PM
It tells me that the video was removed. Oh well.

MissHair
June 13th, 2008, 04:27 PM
If you listen carefully they say ''tuch.. technique...'' something so it really sounds like the technique to get this kind of blonde glow is to tease it and then apply the bleach. Horrible..

Iylivarae
June 13th, 2008, 05:07 PM
Yes, they say that whit this new technique, more "natural" blonde reflexes are created. So you have to tease before you apply the product... shudder:

justgreen
June 13th, 2008, 05:48 PM
To me, it looked like they were combing the product down into the root near the scalp before slathering it to the ends of the hair.

MusingFrog
June 13th, 2008, 07:49 PM
I didn't see any teasing...:shrug:

queen_isolde
June 14th, 2008, 02:05 AM
:grin::grin: That is probably the funniest hair dye commercial I've ever seen in my life! I especially enjoyed the part where she has two teased spikes of hair standing out from her head in mid-air! haha... Thanks for the laugh xD How is a person ever to come that kind of teasing out again?!? On a more serious note, I'm a bit appalled at the fact that they encourage this kind of damage - teasing AND bleaching at the same time? I shudder to think about how the end result will look - I doubt that one ends up with a head of (photoshopped?) hair like in the commercial.. What an awful experience for those, who just don't know any better :(

Finoriel
June 14th, 2008, 04:55 AM
Oh no :rolleyes: thatīs just ridiculous.
But to translate it in short words for those who wondered :wink: even though itīs not really worth translating... just the usual commercial babbling. The product is for achieving "natural" sun reflexes in your hair. The kind young lady tells us in the beginning that she would really like to have home made natural sun reflexes. :wacko: Would be too hard work to go out and enjoy summer-sun to get real-natural-sun-streaks, instead of spending your time useful = sitting and watching their commercials or going shopping buying their wonderful product, woudnīt it. Nah.
The "teasing" which is called "tousle-technique" so nicely, before the two backcombed spikes of hair stand up :p, shall be used before applying the bleach on the streaks and should make the result look more natural / diffuse and not as obvious / defined as usual chemical streaks.

:pumpkin:

Gothic Lolita
June 14th, 2008, 01:14 PM
Here is your German speaker! You got the commercial right, they really say that this "teasing method" helps you to get these sun-streaks in you hair which should be looking, thanks to the teasing, like natural ones, because they look more diffuse.

I can't believe that they acutally dared to make such a commercial. I mean, everybody knows that teasing and back.combing is bad for your hair, even the glossy-magazine sometimes write about it. Same goes for bleach. You should think that they cared more about other people's hair. I guess they don't use their own products on their heads.

Finoriel
June 14th, 2008, 01:21 PM
Youīre late :wink: but thanks anyway for seconding my previous translation.

Gothic Lolita
June 14th, 2008, 01:59 PM
Oh sorry! When I saw that they were looking for a German I just wrote down what I knew and didn't read all through (obviously)!