PDA

View Full Version : Looking at albums - your thoughts and how have they inspired you?

shikara
March 27th, 2011, 02:52 PM
When I was putting my album together I clicked on 'All Albums' - how could I have not known what wonders this simple action would reveal!! Well, I browsed and browsed - I think there are over 500 pages!! Here are my main thoughts (for now!)

1. I discovered how beautiful I think blunt-cut half-ups are, regardless of the length.

2. Toy envy? The results of adding those hair toys can be simply gorgeous, but alas, I haven't been able to get stick to work on my hair, and many barrettes simply have too much weight for me etc etc. So this week I am going to try to make my own 'hair inserts' with wire and beads. If they work out, I'll post some next weekend.

3. It's very handy (and appreciated!) when people indicate the hairstyle in their photo. True, I could message them and ask, but I found that knowing right away was very handy if I wanted to try it then. (I'm guilty of this too and will 'mend my ways' )(I can't get my 'Smilies' to insert - rats!!)

spidermom
March 27th, 2011, 03:06 PM
I've wondered how many people realize that you can find a lot more albums if you just click on "show all albums". I have 5 or 6 of them.

Vorvolaka
March 27th, 2011, 03:45 PM
I love the albums because it's possible to see how beautiful real, natural hair is.

Any time I get hair envy from the television or films, it's usually a wig or extensions. I just need to keep telling myself that!

enfys
March 27th, 2011, 04:04 PM
They are great for research; how big does an L flexi-8 look on hair of a similar volume? Does that colour Ficcare suit a similar hair colour to mine? Ooh I never thought that colour of wood would work so well!

I've got the growing thing sorted, and I've got quite a selection of hair styles I can do. It's just the enabling left for me :p

It can help when I'm giving advice too; if you can see the hair it's more useful!

MrsGuther
March 27th, 2011, 04:58 PM
Seeing hair albums on LHC has motivated me to put the scissors down (figuratively speaking of course, as I don't actually cut my own hair)!!! Now it is really paying off and I am seeing some major growth.

Beets
March 27th, 2011, 05:17 PM
I find so much beauty clicking through the albums here. And also humor. Deep insecurity and square-shouldered confidence. Sexuality, playful, soulful, and carefully constructed. Artistic expression in wild styled curls and sleek sides, hand-carved forks, neat trims and floating flyaways. Evidence of love--sweet cuddling kitties, smiling toddlers, gorgeously muscled horses, doting significant others, well tended gardens. Growth, both in length and in wisdom.

Clicking through albums is one of my favorite things to do. It's all of us showing ourselves and our lives in the ways we want others to see us, to know us a little bit, to appreciate and understand us. It's connection. That's always inspiring to me.

CurlyCyndi
March 27th, 2011, 05:42 PM
I love this. :)
I had no idea you could do that :) love looking at hair pictures and google images gets boring

krissykins
March 27th, 2011, 07:27 PM
Aww. This makes me want to put up a public hair album now. I want to inspire :p

To be honest, I look at people's hair and it makes me want to henna or grow to classic instead of tailbone because THOSE heads of hair are so beautiful. But then I come back to the real world where dealing with the maintenance of those things just isn't my cup of tea. So I just look and develop hair crushes :crush:

AnqeIicDemise
March 27th, 2011, 08:52 PM
Well, I can't see albums yet, but the pictures that have been posted publicly on threads (well, the ones that do show) have inspired me to keep things fresh: hence why I joined the updo challenge.

Oh.. and the toys! I never knew what a ficcare was until today, and I can say this honestly: I WANT!

I thought I had a lot of hair toys but really. I don't. It makes me want to go buy more but I'll wait until I get more ideas on how to use them effectively.