PDA

View Full Version : Wedding hair

Prelude
March 27th, 2011, 09:47 AM
Hi all,
I'm getting married in 14 months and am growing my hair out for it. I got a 12" cut off and donated it a year and a half ago so it's only at waist length right now. Before this big cut I never really took special care of it and the ends got pretty thin. Anyone have any tips on how to keep it growing and healthy? I'd love it to be back down to my hips again for the wedding but I doubt that, but I'd like to get it as long as I can for it.
(If anyone also has any ideas for how to get it styled for the wedding as well, comment away :))

Lostsoule77
March 27th, 2011, 10:07 AM
I would suggest you spend some time reading the articles and threads on the forum. They are a wealth of information. I think the best place to start is here http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=39 with Ursula's Newbie advice and then maybe heading to http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=7804 for all the useful links. I just joined a couple months ago and all this helped me immensely. :)

Really put some good time in reading and then come back in with more specific questions. This is what I find gets me the most help when I need it. :) Good luck and you will be so glad you found this site. Hopefully others who are more knowledgable with chime in soon.

Prelude
March 27th, 2011, 10:41 AM
Thanks so much for the links-somehow I missed them when I first started looking at the site. :)

Magdalene
March 27th, 2011, 10:47 AM
Avoiding bleach and heat styling are the absolute best things you can do for your ends. Look thru the threads, you'll find a lot of other tips, but those are the biggest ones. Congrats!

Firefox7275
March 27th, 2011, 02:00 PM
It's well worth poking around the Articles section (link at top of page) as that includes a raft of pretty hairstyles including many different buns and braided up dos.

raychelnorberg
March 27th, 2011, 06:06 PM
www.findingbraids.com is a nice site with photos to look at for ideas. I search wedding hair and updos on google and it gives thousands of awesome ideas and sites. I guess it depends on what you like.

Mesmerise
March 27th, 2011, 06:31 PM
I concur with what other posters have said...there is HEAPS of information here in the forum about growing and keeping healthy hair!

If your hair grows at an average rate and you look after it, you should be able to get at least 6" of additional length between now and your wedding (even if you get a little trim). I'm not sure how far your waist is from your hips, but mine's only about 3" which I could easily do in a year if I started from healthy hair ;)