PDA

View Full Version : (Almost) One Year!

KajiKodomo
March 24th, 2011, 11:40 AM
I just posted the same thing in my blog, but I wanted to post it here too, since I'm so excited!

I started growing out at the end of March 2010, and haven't cut or trimmed my hair since then. This is all my natural color, no color has touched my hair.

April 2010:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=5212&pictureid=68006

Today:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=5212&pictureid=98954

And stretched:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=5212&pictureid=98955

In another year, I should be around BSL. I'm incredibly happy that I can finally do something with it. I can do some half-ups, and can get most of it into a single ponytail. :D

bunzfan
March 24th, 2011, 11:49 AM
Wow wee that is some growth congratulations for having such patience and resisting any trims i think the first picture actually suited you, but your hair looks great now. How long do you want to grow it to?

ElusiveMuse
March 24th, 2011, 11:51 AM
Wow, look how much growth you have! Looks great :)

Rocket22
March 24th, 2011, 11:53 AM
I'm going to third the WOW!!!!!! amazing progress for a year!

KajiKodomo
March 24th, 2011, 11:58 AM
Thanks everyone! bunzfan, my goal is tailbone, at least. I may or may not grow it longer depending on how I feel when I get to that point!

Unless it starts to look like it really needs it, I don't plan on any trims. Just S&D as needed until it hits tailbone, then I'll decide what to do as far as the natural layering that I've ended up with. :D

bunzfan
March 24th, 2011, 12:01 PM
Thanks everyone! bunzfan, my goal is tailbone, at least. I may or may not grow it longer depending on how I feel when I get to that point!

Unless it starts to look like it really needs it, I don't plan on any trims. Just S&D as needed until it hits tailbone, then I'll decide what to do as far as the natural layering that I've ended up with. :D

If you carry on like this i'm sure your reach that, i find layers soo annoying i'm growing mine out and castor oil has helped with this.

KajiKodomo
March 24th, 2011, 12:05 PM
If you carry on like this i'm sure your reach that, i find layers soo annoying i'm growing mine out and castor oil has helped with this.

I find layers annoying too, but at least with layers, I have more of a chance of being able to do anything with my hair. It's so thick that I can't get a proper braid until it's almost waist without layers. With layers, however, I can get one around APL-BSL. It's a bit messier, but at least I have more styling options. :)

bunzfan
March 24th, 2011, 12:10 PM
I find layers annoying too, but at least with layers, I have more of a chance of being able to do anything with my hair. It's so thick that I can't get a proper braid until it's almost waist without layers. With layers, however, I can get one around APL-BSL. It's a bit messier, but at least I have more styling options. :)

Maybe that's were i'm going wrong my braid is so fat i can't get a good braided bun and when i do a braid it looks so short due to its thickness.

freckles
March 25th, 2011, 08:58 AM
the natural layers are growing so gracefully! I love them :) congratulations on a year of growth.

Purdy Bear
March 25th, 2011, 09:14 AM
WTG, great progress! You hair looks terrrific!

Rennire
March 25th, 2011, 09:19 AM
That's fantastic! Happy Hair Anniversary! =)

Slinks
March 25th, 2011, 03:52 PM
yeah, I too think WOW !! that's a great growth :-)

Lostsoule77
March 25th, 2011, 04:53 PM
I agree that your hair looks really good! Keep growing on strong and it'll look beautiful. :)

Lostsoule77
March 25th, 2011, 04:55 PM
Your hair looks so good! Keep on growing it like this and you'll be at goal quicker than you think. ;)

Lostsoule77
March 25th, 2011, 05:19 PM
Your hair looks so good! Keep on growing it like this and you'll be at goal quicker than you think. ;)

julliams
March 25th, 2011, 07:03 PM
I had a real "WOW" reaction. That is so great. Secretly, I wish I had the guts to go that short and start all again. But I don't dye my hair anyway so really, there isn't any need to. It's just something I think is really cool to do.

Vorvolaka
March 27th, 2011, 04:49 AM
Adding another WOW! I love the natural layering a lot.

jojo
March 27th, 2011, 07:00 AM
really great growth, you are just a tad longer than where I started from; well done!

NouvelleNymphe2
March 27th, 2011, 07:04 AM
Awesome progress for 1 year! Keep up the good work! I love your natural color, it looks sooo healthy :).

KajiKodomo
March 28th, 2011, 07:12 AM
Thanks so much everyone! :D

Firefox7275
March 28th, 2011, 08:29 AM
You look so different with and without hair; your growth looks really thick and healthy!

nazzooyzo
March 28th, 2011, 08:32 AM
thats some fast growth!

elbow chic
March 28th, 2011, 08:39 AM
Cutie cute, both ways. :D

kabelaced
March 28th, 2011, 12:31 PM
Awesome progress, KajiKodomo! I buzzed around the same time as you did, so it's fun to see how we're both coming along! :p

Keep on truckin'!! :cheer:

KajiKodomo
March 29th, 2011, 08:01 AM
Awesome progress, KajiKodomo! I buzzed around the same time as you did, so it's fun to see how we're both coming along! :p

Keep on truckin'!! :cheer:

I just peeked at your albums and you've gotten some great growth as well! I really need to get some pictures from the back. I plan on having DBF take some in the next few days. :D

jesis
March 29th, 2011, 08:26 AM
That's really great! Gives me hope.

Monsterkitti
March 29th, 2011, 08:37 AM
Awesome growth congrats! :)

mrsbob
March 29th, 2011, 09:21 AM
I can't see your pictures because I haven't posted enough yet....but congrats on growing out for a whole year!!! WTG!!!

mrsbob
March 29th, 2011, 12:34 PM
Yipeeee! I can see your pics now! You've made a TON of progress!!! Good job!!!

RecklessCharlie
March 29th, 2011, 02:02 PM
Excellent progress!! Your hair looks so healthy :)
I must you have a great hairline, in that first picture. You looked great with a buzz cut and you'll look great with longer hair also.
Congratulations!

ooo
March 29th, 2011, 02:15 PM
Impressive progress, way to go kaji :)

Pumpkin
March 29th, 2011, 04:49 PM
Wonderful growth! Your hair looks so healthy!! Congratulations!! :)