PDA

View Full Version : How do you check the back of your hair?

selderon
March 24th, 2011, 11:13 AM
I tried to do this today using the mirror from my eye shadow compact (about 3x3"). Bad idea after coffee. Not only do my hands shake, the lighting in the bathroom is abysmal.

What do you use?

krissykins
March 24th, 2011, 11:16 AM
I use a handheld mirror that's about 6x6 inches.

annsue83
March 24th, 2011, 11:19 AM
Hi Selderon, a mirror from your eyeshadow compact might be too small to really check out your hair. Just like Krissykins, i also use a handheld mirror which is big enough for me to easily see the back of my hair. also if you have two mirrors beside each other that can be moved, you can angle them to see your back. I sometimes do that with my medicine cabinet mirror and my main mirror :)

xoxophelia
March 24th, 2011, 11:23 AM
I don't. I will see a picture about as often as I take them and post them here. Other than that I found it to be more depressing than anything XD

Mebo
March 24th, 2011, 11:26 AM
I use a handheld round mirror. They are really cheap, and mine hangs on the wall or sits on a vanity. I do my hair by feel, then check it. Usually a good idea, because I often have "stickie outs". :)

pepperminttea
March 24th, 2011, 11:38 AM
I use my camera. I don't have any handheld mirrors large enough, and often do my hair without any mirrors at all. If I do a good job, it gets me an action shot at the same time. :D

silverstars
March 24th, 2011, 01:40 PM
There happens to be a mirror on the medicine cabinet door that I can move so I can see my hair from the back in the mirror that is behind my sink. Its really useful. I have a little pocket mirror in my purse for when I'm out and about. Sometimes I take pictures with my phone because I can email them to myself. That camera is only so good though. Must find digital camera usb chord....its buried in the mess I call my bedroom, I just know it...:p

In2wishin
March 24th, 2011, 01:42 PM
I use a handheld that is about 2" x 4"

pariate
March 24th, 2011, 01:48 PM
Echoing what many others have said - I use a wall-mounted mirror and a smaller mirror which stands on the bathroom cabinet. It's about 7" in diameter.

freckles
March 25th, 2011, 06:24 AM
I have a little round makeup mirror (the cheap kind that is plain glass on one side, magnified on the other) sitting on my mantlepiece under my wall mounted mirror, so to check the back of my updo I can just hold it up behind me :)

Kaeita
March 25th, 2011, 08:09 AM
I use a hand-held mirror, on the odd occasion that I check the back. I've found that it's much easier to see if I use the hand-held in front, and turn my back to the big mirror, rather than trying to line it up with the small one behind my head.