PDA

View Full Version : Got my hair cut today - 3 inches shorter (pics)

Kerynna
March 23rd, 2011, 05:16 PM
So, my goal length was waist length and I've been there for a couple of months. I decided I didn't like it that long so I went today and got it cut - 3 inches shorter. So far, I absolutely love it! :) Of course, I went for the luxury of having the stylist go ahead and blow it dry, straightening it, and some silicone gloss drops. A splurge once in a while is okay, I think. So here are my before and after pics. (Honestly, probably because of the straightening, my hair doesn't feel any shorter than before, so I'm very pleased!)

BEFORE:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=2207&pictureid=98931

AFTER:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=2207&pictureid=98930

ooo
March 23rd, 2011, 05:20 PM
You know the difference does not seem that big, but it's great if you are happy.

Jenn of Pence
March 23rd, 2011, 05:32 PM
Looks great! You're right, it'll be interesting to see how it compares once you get your waves back, but I'm sure you'll still like it. I think that was a good call, taking off just enough to see a difference but not too much to be drastic. If you want the length back, it won't be long before it's the same again. :)

LocustSpawning
March 23rd, 2011, 05:53 PM
It looks stunning. I want to touch it!

spidermom
March 23rd, 2011, 06:26 PM
Ooh-la-la! Lovely. Enjoy.
(P.S. I'm going to have my stylist straighten my hair when I see her on Saturday. It's been about 3 years since the last time.)

Kerynna
March 23rd, 2011, 07:43 PM
I agree it looks pretty much the same as before, only smoother because of the straightening. That was kind of my point in posting the pics - I had been stressing about having my length cut after working so hard to grow it to waist length. As it turned out, I needn't have worried because the cut made my ends neater and less frayed and yet I still have the luxury of length.

I thought others might take reassurance from my experience. :cheese:

Thank you for the kind compliments! (After I wash and let it air dry, I may be back here saying "Whhhyyyyyy did I cut it? It feels so short now! :lol: )

x0h_bother
March 23rd, 2011, 08:05 PM
Wow the ends look so great and you have such nice hair :blossom:

Smile4Kiki
March 23rd, 2011, 09:44 PM
looks beautiful! We have similar stats and I can only hope that my hair looks as wonderful as yours at waist. I have like 2 more years for that but with inspiration like this I think I can make it :D

McFearless
March 23rd, 2011, 11:20 PM
It looks so soft!

Fufu
March 24th, 2011, 12:50 AM
It looks great :)

Slinks
March 24th, 2011, 01:27 AM
It looks stunning. I want to touch it!

I SO agree .. SLEEK !! :-)