PDA

View Full Version : Help with hard water! / Anyone in Spain for product recs?

Jorchet
March 23rd, 2011, 03:50 PM
Hi everyone! My sister is living in Barcelona (I'm in Argentina) and last time she was over here she was asking me for help on hard water. We don't have that problem where I live, so all I could advise her was to clarify and using some DP often, but I don't think that's enough.

Could any of you give me a hand with this? Her hair is kinda curly (not like mine) and she had that straightening treatment (dont know if it's the Japanese or Brazilian or what!) a couple of months ago. What kind of routine do you have with hard water? Any products you can recommend?

Thanks in advance! :)

ElusiveMuse
March 23rd, 2011, 10:18 PM
Vinegar rinses are great for hard water. Just dilute it in filtered water and pour on your hair after your regular wash.

Jorchet
March 30th, 2011, 10:08 PM
Thank you, ElusiveMuse! I'll tell her to give it a go. :)

Jorchet
April 1st, 2011, 11:55 AM
Thanks for your reply, ElusiveMuse! I'll pass the tip to her. I hope it helps her!

Aveyronnaise
April 1st, 2011, 12:31 PM
Im very close to Barcelona but in France, Garnier just came out with an anti calc (hard water) shampoo.
http://www.garnier.fr/_fr/_fr/our_products/product-struct.aspx?tpcode=OUR_PRODUCTS^PRD_HAIRCARE^FRUCT IS^FRUCTIS_DISCOVER^FRUCTIS_PURE_BRILLANCE^FRUCTIS _PURE_BRILLANCE_RTN1&prdcode=P41227

I haven't tried it yet,but it's likely in Barcalona.

motormuffin
April 1st, 2011, 04:17 PM
She could install a shower filter. We have hard water here and it seems to help.

shikara
April 3rd, 2011, 12:49 AM
Well I'm not sure what is all in Spain, but the carbonated beverage 'club soda' works for hard water - it chelates. It is the carbonation that breaks down the buildup from the various minerals etc. Club soda is only carbonated water - no other ingredients. When I tried it - and it worked very well - I diluted a can, let my length soak in it for a few minutes, then slowly poured the bowl of liquid over the head, and followed up with a good moisturizing/conditioning.