PDA

View Full Version : another bleach question pls help me

ilovejimmy
March 23rd, 2011, 02:21 PM
hello i love this website by the way.... i dyed my hair brown i had hilites b4 so i dyed my hair brown w like copper hilites on top hated so i went to a DIFF salon and did tell the girl what i had done this was 7 days later told her i wanted more blonde hilites that the brown just wasnt for me she foiled my hair w hair stripper and now its BREAKING and i have lost so much thickness ive cut alot but its at the crown or top of my head anyways i cant cut anymore cuz i already look like the mom fromthe brady bunch!!!! my question is if i take care of my hair and leave it alone can my new growth gain length or do i actually have to cut all the bleach out? does that make sense?

mrsbob
March 29th, 2011, 09:36 AM
I feel your pain. Been there, done that more times than I can count. I've never cut it all off, just really conditioned, conditioned and more conditioning....good luck to you.

jojo
March 29th, 2011, 03:23 PM
get some coconut oil, heavy treatments or some protein treatments (Aphogee 2 step is brilliant) in, these will help repair the shaft, which the bleach has smashed. There is in the article section some ways of managing damaged hair. Make sure to always follow a protein treatment with a moisturising one!

Lots on here, myself included have done this, in fact a few people have managed to grow long despite damage by bleach and dyes, so all is not lost. What is done, is done its what you do next what matter. Baby your hair, no heat or further dyes.

Good luck x

ilovejimmy
March 30th, 2011, 08:31 AM
thank you ladies i will do that just wish i was nicer to my hair i feel bad that i abused it the way i did but hopfully will tlc and she will forgive me and be healthy once again.....by the way i blow dry my hair w the cold button no heat. is that ok or am i just asking for futur damage? seems to help alot i cant belive i used to blow on the highest heat now when i turn the dryer on it seems like hell is coming out...till i hit the cool button

Firefox7275
March 30th, 2011, 02:56 PM
Complain to the salon, get some free treatments or products.

ilovejimmy
March 30th, 2011, 03:09 PM
firefox it has been 3months i cant do it now at the time i was so upset and felt like it was karma dealing me a low blow or i dont know wht i was thinking at the salon the hair was coming out the owner told me "you have enough hair so if it does fall out it will b ok" can you belive he said that i was so upset and felt so vulnarable at the time i didnt complain

oktobergoud
March 30th, 2011, 05:29 PM
Honestly, I'm not trying to be rude here, but I find your posts a little unreadable. Please try to AT LEAST make the sentences a bit shorter :P I'm not sure if English is your native language and what not, so I'm really not trying to be rude here, but I'm just saying it so you can improve it, or work on it, or whatever ;) Again, no hard feelings! It just looks like you're so hyperactive you can't stop typing hehe :P Or at least that's how I read it in my head, veeeeery fast ;)

Anyway, back on-topic again: I think you should baby it and just cut the last damage of slowly! I'm in the same boat and finally cut off most of the damage, but it's still short (pixie cut!). I think the best thing to do is NOT dye it anymore, and baby it, and slowly cut off the damage (get regular trims!). After it is all cut off, you could grow it out again :)

And blow-drying with COLD wind is tons better than heat!

ilovejimmy
April 1st, 2011, 01:18 PM
Lol No Hard Feeling (whispering)- Im At Work So I Am Typing Fast And Probably Going A Mile A Minute Bahahahaha!

Firefox7275
April 1st, 2011, 02:32 PM
firefox it has been 3months i cant do it now at the time i was so upset and felt like it was karma dealing me a low blow or i dont know wht i was thinking at the salon the hair was coming out the owner told me "you have enough hair so if it does fall out it will b ok" can you belive he said that i was so upset and felt so vulnarable at the time i didnt complain

I think Oktobergourd means not to use textspeak but punctuation instead. It gets to be a habit for those of us who love texts doesn't it? :o

I don't think you can complain after three months, no. If you are upset by bad service in the future you should write a letter - it's easier to be calm and clear if you have the chance to edit. Looking on the bright side that you have found LHC which is so crammed with knowledge and support us newbies won't ever damage our hair again. Imagine, we have a whole lifetime of gorgeous hair to look forward to! :D

ilovejimmy
April 1st, 2011, 02:41 PM
firefox7275 your truly awsome thank you so much for the support i really need it!
and OHhhhh!!!! ok i wont use text language anymore hahahaha my bad! i do text alot!

pepperminttea
April 1st, 2011, 02:49 PM
I'm sorry you were treated so badly by the salon, that's awful. :( There are some good ones out there, but then there's the terrible few that give the rest a bad name.

I'm afraid now the damage is done, there's nothing you can do to fully repair it - what's done is done - but there are ways of managing it. There's a great article here (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=79) that's well worth a read. A protein treatment directly followed by a deep moisture treatment should calm things down a bit for a start; an SMT (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=128) is great for moisture and generally you can use your existing conditioner. Long-term, perhaps maintain your current length until your roots catch up. See how you feel. :flower:

I think Oktobergourd means not to use textspeak but punctuation instead. It gets to be a habit for those of us who love texts doesn't it? :o

I text in normal English these days. Went through a phase in my teens and the textspeak got out of control; I was incomprehensible. :p

Firefox7275
April 1st, 2011, 02:51 PM
You are welcome! :) I have been offered some wonderful support and advice on LHC, I am sure you will do the same for others when you have found your feet. That is the kind of karma we want, right?

jojo
April 1st, 2011, 05:26 PM
where abouts in Yorkshire you from Firefox? I am on the West Yorkshire border myself, nice to meet another UKer.

Sorry for the hijack!

breeanna92
April 1st, 2011, 05:56 PM
i did this about 2 weeks ago, and i just went and got a pixie cut to start over...there actually pretty cute..I enjoying while i have it. :D but i wouldnt shave it off... ive heard too many horror storys about that lol! good luck!!