PDA

View Full Version : Please come look at my hair and tell me what you think thank you

IHMJack
March 23rd, 2011, 11:50 AM
Do you like my hair style? Do you dislike my hair style? What can i do to improve or maybe I need to totally restyle my hair? What hairstyling products should I use? please help thank you

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff62/jamesj4756/DSCN0121.jpg

MissCoco
March 23rd, 2011, 11:57 AM
Um, your hair looks cool, but your picture is a little huge. Maybe you could try resizing it in your image viewer? :flower:

pinkbunny
March 23rd, 2011, 11:59 AM
Welcome to LHC! I like your hairstyle. :D As far as products, you may want to search the forum for threads on what is good or bad for hair - depending on what you want to accomplish. If you're growing out, you may have to restyle at some point, but your look is working for you now.

Fingolphin
March 23rd, 2011, 12:11 PM
Yeah, pic's a little big. ;) Hair looks nice. Are you going to grow it out? Regardless, there are so many great tips and great people here (hairtenders! First time I've used it!). Welcome, and happy growing/tending. :p

Jeno86
March 23rd, 2011, 02:43 PM
I like how it looks! I think some bright blue would look fantastic but that is just a personal opinion ^_^ I love blue and purple hair.

IHMJack
March 23rd, 2011, 03:10 PM
oh wow thanks to all of you for the compliments! How do I change the image size? thank you

spidermom
March 23rd, 2011, 03:17 PM
Not a fan, but I'm the wrong demographic.

IHMJack
March 23rd, 2011, 10:56 PM
Not a fan, but I'm the wrong demographic.

Can you tell me what you do not like about it? thank you

christine1989
March 23rd, 2011, 11:01 PM
I think your picture could be a tad bigger :laugh:. Seriously though, large picture aside I love your hair style! I think it looks perfect on you.

RitaCeleste
March 23rd, 2011, 11:41 PM
Its probably the wet look that throws us older people. Looks like gel is involved. I just don't like to put the gel in my own hair because you can't really run your fingers threw it. When you are younger its all about the image. When your older it tends to go more for how it feels in your hands. I think the hairstyle works on people under say 25. If it was on say a 40 year old male, I'd smack him across his middle age crisis!

pinkbunny
March 24th, 2011, 01:02 PM
oh wow thanks to all of you for the compliments! How do I change the image size? thank you

There's free software you can download for simple photo editing if you don't have any already. I've used PhotoScape, my brother likes GIMP, and I've heard good things about Picasa... I also use a website (Upload House) that hosts images which you can resize when you upload, but be aware that your photos will be viewable by anyone who visits that site...

IHMJack
March 27th, 2011, 10:28 PM
is there a way to resize without having to install new software?

Schmoomunitions
March 27th, 2011, 10:39 PM
I think it looks good, blue would look good too, and I like the wet look.

Firefox7275
March 28th, 2011, 04:18 AM
I like the cut, it suits you and looks professionally styled. :cool: Colour is great for a night out or at the weekend, but might bother employers/ college tutors/ parents so temporary streaks are great. Personally I like guys to have touchable hair which means no wax and only certain types of gel. With curly hair you can 'scrunch out the crunch' but I don't know if that would mess up a straight haired look (it doesn't for curls). I also like how polite you are BTW! :p

Tiina
March 28th, 2011, 06:58 AM

If you have windows, then you should automatically have Paint. Open the file in Paint, use re-size button (older versions may have the re-size in the toolbar above under "Edit" or something like that).

About the hair - Not really my cup of tea. I prefer either mad curly, naturally falling or smooth, proffessional-looking hair (think Arthur from Inception for example) on men. But that's just me.

sakuraemily
March 28th, 2011, 07:43 AM
I like your hair. And you're really cute too. Just take good care of your hair, if u use gels n stuff to maintain that look.

IHMJack
April 2nd, 2011, 02:55 AM
I like your hair. And you're really cute too. Just take good care of your hair, if u use gels n stuff to maintain that look.

Cute? Oh wow thank you for the compliment! :)

fairystar32
April 2nd, 2011, 04:10 AM
Its a cool hair do ;)

ooo
April 2nd, 2011, 04:31 AM
Don't like the wet look. Would go for something messier or shorter. Blue sounds good thought.

MonaLisa
April 2nd, 2011, 08:51 AM
It suits you i think! I am just really not a fan of gel and such styled hair, i prefer kind of... relaxed , natural look. spontainious, sexy, playful kind you know :p

lapispimpernel
April 2nd, 2011, 09:33 AM

I use http://www.picresize.com/ for all my picture resizing needs. ;)

Coan-Teen
April 2nd, 2011, 09:40 AM
You look like an anime character to me, or possibly as though you are emulating visual kei. Both of these impressions are of Japanese trends so if you are not Japanese I hope that doesn't offend you. Those are just the first impressions that came to mind.

I think your hairstyle suits you and your face shape. It's a nice photo but in person that kind of fixed in place style can be off-putting because it puts out an untouchable vibe. By that I mean I would be reluctant to touch your hair for fear of messing it up. Have you tried styling with mouse to get the piece-y look without the hard texture gel can cause?

telegraph64
April 2nd, 2011, 11:04 AM
Its probably the wet look that throws us older people. Looks like gel is involved. I just don't like to put the gel in my own hair because you can't really run your fingers threw it. When you are younger its all about the image. When your older it tends to go more for how it feels in your hands. I think the hairstyle works on people under say 25. If it was on say a 40 year old male, I'd smack him across his middle age crisis!

I agree. However if your hair does do this naturally, I find it very attractive. Nothing draws me in to male hair more than a naturally wet, piecy hair. Although when you tilt your head forward and the hair doesn't move at all, Houston, we have a problem!

SpeakingEZ
April 2nd, 2011, 01:03 PM
Not my cup of tea, either. I love long hair on men, but it needs to be natural and flowing for me to find it attractive. I'm not really a fan of the anime hairstyles. It gives me the impression that the guy is on the emo side. Which is fine if you are emo, but I don't find that personality attractive.

Plenty of people here like it, though. You'll find that everywhere. Some people will like your hair and some won't. Whether or not we at TLHC find it to be a "good" hairstyle shouldn't matter, really, since it's your hair. I wouldn't care if you told me you didn't like my hair.

IHMJack
April 5th, 2011, 06:04 PM
What styling product can I use to continue the anime styling but make my hair more touchable? thank you

MaryRose
April 5th, 2011, 07:17 PM
I love your style. Reminds me of Leo on Titanic

scorpio_rising
April 5th, 2011, 07:58 PM
Um, yeah, you are WAY cute. :)

I like it! I agree, though, that I would rather it look more touchable.

I am personally clueless about products but mousse was suggested above by Coan-Teen...

jeanniet
April 5th, 2011, 08:18 PM
It's really hard for me to visualize the look with the image so big, but I like it, although I'm not a big fan of the heavy gel look. It's pretty cool. I think a blue streak would be pretty awesome, too.

IHMJack
April 12th, 2011, 09:02 PM
what product can you use to create a spiky look while being dry and touchable? Thank you

sakuraemily
July 18th, 2012, 06:46 AM
what product can you use to create a spiky look while being dry and touchable? Thank you

Gel right? I remember an ad for Garnier vertical hold.

CurlyCurves
July 18th, 2012, 08:08 AM
Haha, the image is HUGE!

Welcome to the LHC :)

Deborah
July 18th, 2012, 07:02 PM
You asked.

I think it looks awful, but I don't like the greasy, messy look at all, on men or women. It's your hair though, so do what you like. :)

Sarahlabyrinth
July 19th, 2012, 04:25 AM
I think it suits you. I'm not a fan of gel either. But its your hair and remember that there will always be folks who like it and those who don't. But it's whether YOU like it that really matters. Welcome to LHC!