PDA

View Full Version : What do you think abou t this style

Kherome
March 23rd, 2011, 12:47 PM
I posted a few days ago that I got notice that I am finally at the top of the waiting list (2 years) for a Service dog. I have a sponsor who's contributing financially, and I will be doing a media event to thank the sponsor and talk about my condition.

I was trying to decided how to wear my hair, and I tried the braided Chinese bun. Since I still don't know how to post photos, you have to look in my album to see it. I know it's a little messy, it was just a practice run. Do you think that'd be nice for the event?

Rennire
March 23rd, 2011, 01:01 PM
I think that it looks beautiful! Also, I love that hair stick! =)

Kherome
March 23rd, 2011, 01:03 PM
I think that it looks beautiful! Also, I love that hair stick! =)

Thank you, it was a custom from Lark's hair sticks on Etsy. I love horses.

Pantsless Amy
March 23rd, 2011, 01:45 PM
I really like it. It is fancy, but not over the top. And that hair stick is very cool. Who doesn't love horses? :shrug: What are you going to wear with your fancy hair?

Kherome
March 23rd, 2011, 01:57 PM
I really like it. It is fancy, but not over the top. And that hair stick is very cool. Who doesn't love horses? :shrug: What are you going to wear with your fancy hair?

:rolleyes:That is a whole 'nother can of worms. I am not a dress up kind of person, I wear jeans and such 99.99% of the time. I have NO clue what to wear yet.

maborosi
March 23rd, 2011, 02:05 PM
:rolleyes:That is a whole 'nother can of worms. I am not a dress up kind of person, I wear jeans and such 99.99% of the time. I have NO clue what to wear yet.

Same here haha. If I want to dress up a bit, I do my hair really nice, pick a nice-looking top, pair it with flared jeans, and wear some boots with it...if flared jeans aren't available for whatever reason, really nice dressy shoes that don't clash with the jeans look are an option, too. I also like to use a few nice-looking accessories, like a sparkly necklace and a nice bracelet :3

Haha, that was offtopic, but it's what I do while still just sticking to jeans and shirts :)

~maborosi~

Kherome
March 23rd, 2011, 03:21 PM
I don't think jeans are going to be acceptable this time, so I have to figure something else out.

Slinks
March 23rd, 2011, 03:50 PM
Love the hair, the stick, the humour (above and in your profile :-) hope you find what you're going to wear

ps I too am a "just jeans" and fancy top gal !! nothing beats the comfort of jeans ..

HintOfMint
March 23rd, 2011, 08:47 PM
Very pretty and very neat. I don't know what you mean by messy, it's pristine compared to how I would do it:p

As far as what to wear, would pants be acceptable, or would a dress/skirt be appropriate? If pants are alright, then you could do a silk blouse and black slacks and look quite stunning.

Macaroni
March 23rd, 2011, 09:26 PM
Your hairstyle is so gorgeous, I don't think anyone will be looking at your clothes :)

Lostsoule77
March 23rd, 2011, 10:27 PM
I think the bun is lovely. How does it look from the front though? I think in the other thread you mentioned being photographed. Does this style look too severe from the front? If not then I'd say go for it. If that is your version of being messy then when it's done "neatly" it'll be beautiful. :)

Kherome
March 24th, 2011, 12:10 PM
I think the bun is lovely. How does it look from the front though? I think in the other thread you mentioned being photographed. Does this style look too severe from the front? If not then I'd say go for it. If that is your version of being messy then when it's done "neatly" it'll be beautiful. :)

I just have it parted, and pulled straight back. Maybe it's severe, I don't know. I am not one to worry about my appearance that much. I am "au natural" no make up, no hair dye, etc. I ascribe to the "Powder and paint makes you something you ain't" line of thought mostly. I figure, I'm clean, combed, what more do I need? However, on this specific occasion I am not sure what to do, as the sponsor is donating a LOT of money to the cause, and I feel the need to make this right for them. I don't know...I'm a farm girl, this dressing up and parading around in front of camaras thing isn't my forte. I think I need help LOL

Kherome
March 24th, 2011, 12:14 PM
:bigeyes: Skirt? Um no, I don't own a skirt.

Very pretty and very neat. I don't know what you mean by messy, it's pristine compared to how I would do it:p

As far as what to wear, would pants be acceptable, or would a dress/skirt be appropriate? If pants are alright, then you could do a silk blouse and black slacks and look quite stunning.

selderon
March 24th, 2011, 12:26 PM
That's a beautiful hair style.

Where is the event being held? Can you ask the service dog organization what the dress code is?

Kherome
March 24th, 2011, 02:37 PM
That's a beautiful hair style.

Where is the event being held? Can you ask the service dog organization what the dress code is?

I am still waiting on this info, as the location isn't decided yet.