PDA

View Full Version : Help cutting bangs

Dorothy
March 23rd, 2011, 07:38 AM
I've had bangs since high school - and I'm 43. I like them straight across, blunt, over the eyebrows. Sort of a Betty Paige look. Over the years, I think I've experience some "bang drift". i.e. when I cut them, I very gradually have cut more into the side hair, and now I have greys, and I henna, and the texture of my hair has changed some. Now I develop little "wings" - at each side, worse on one side, the side of the bang hair is flipping out a little, not laying straight down flat like I like it. I've considered trying to let the edges of them grow out long, because that's where this is happening. So that would mean I would try to identify on my scalp exactly where I want the bang hair to come from, and allowing the sides to grow out. I can't give up the bangs, my forehead is high and I look ridiculous with it exposed.

Of course, I'm afraid this will be an agonizing process, and I'm also not sure how I'm going to identify the bang area on my scalp. I have considered trying to use some kind of landmark from my hairline and then measuring from the front part back to identify an area on my scalp I want the bang hair to come from.

Anyone else have this problem or ideas about how to solve it?

JulietCapulet
March 23rd, 2011, 07:41 AM
I always go to the salon for bangs. It makes a big difference.

CarpeDM
March 23rd, 2011, 08:13 AM
I would agree with Juliet. For years I had bangs and I tried to cut them myself in between salon appointments. But every time I tried, I could never manage to cut them as well as my hair stylist did. I just didn't have that knack...