PDA

View Full Version : Hairsticks to swap for Wooden Hair Fork

HappyHaley
June 13th, 2008, 08:17 AM
I'm looking to swap all or some for a wooden hairfork. I've always wanted to try a fork out. I probably need about 4-1/2 to 5-1/2 of usable fork for my length of hair.

ETA: I would also take PayPal offers on the below items and then I could go buy a fork long enough for my hair.

I'm open to paying a little in addition to swapping the sticks to make the trade fair. Here's what I've got to swap:

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b55/HappyHaley/Hair/hairsticks.jpg

I can't remember where I got all these items, but I did get the brass hairstick/fork from website on the internet that someone recommended here. It's about 7 inches in length to the celtic decoration at the top. The decoration is 2-1/2" wide and 1-1/2" tall. No hair catching burrs on this. ETA: Someone mentioned to me it might be from the Bronze Jewelers. I checked the website to see if I recognized it and it does come from them. It's bronze.

Next to that, the two brown plastic knotted sticks are about 5-1/2" of usable length. These are smooth too, with nothing to catch your hair when putting the sticks in.

The next two brown plastic knotted sticks I'm not sure go together, but they might. If you look closely at them in bright light you can see some black spots in them imitating tortoise shell. They are about 4-1/2" of usable stick. These have mould seam down the side of them with a spot near the tip where the manufacturers filled the mould.

The two metal sticks with black stones bound up have about 5" of usable stick with and 1-1/2" of decoration at the top. These sticks are smooth and hair friendly.

The final two wooden sticks are 6" long and look like they had some decoration on them at one time because they have small holes in the end. Maybe someone wants to put a new decoration on them? These too are smooth.

~Haley

SHELIAANN1969
June 13th, 2008, 08:27 AM
pm sent for a possible trade

eadwine
June 13th, 2008, 08:35 AM
Those sticks on the far right are called blanks :) They come that way, with the pre-drilled top, and you can decorate them (or not) :)

HappyHaley
June 13th, 2008, 09:03 AM
Those sticks on the far right are called blanks :) They come that way, with the pre-drilled top, and you can decorate them (or not) :)

Thanks! I didn't know you could get such a thing.

~Haley

Patrycja
June 14th, 2008, 11:29 AM
If you ever want to sell these items-please let me know :D I only have one hairfork that I just got from Igor and I'm not letting that go for the life of me.I love it and I really hope you find one too.They are awesome!

HappyHaley
June 17th, 2008, 04:20 PM
I'm willing to sell, Patrycja. Make me an offer. :-)

~Haley