PDA

View Full Version : Question about clarify and coconut oil..

PrincessTieflin
March 21st, 2011, 07:46 PM
I used my flat iron yesterday, and today I am really feeling the damage twoards the ends, I DON'T want to trim them off tho.

Now I am ff to shower and clarify the cones off I have to use to make it smooth and straight.

So my question is:

If I clarify to get the cones off, should I let the cocnut oil sit before I condish? would that help moisture in there? and then wash off and put a DT on?

Or just clarify and DT then coconut oil in the morning?

Its really feeling nasty :/ makes me sad.

RitaCeleste
March 21st, 2011, 08:03 PM
you could oil the ends of your hair with the coconut oil and let it sit for about an hour and see how it feels. I think it can still help even with cones on.

jesis
March 21st, 2011, 08:10 PM
Are you against S&Ding? I feel the straighter my hair is, the easier it is to catch all of the broken ends. Plus, there's no better time than after you use a flat iron. Your hair will feel a hundred times better after you do!

I know that isn't your question. I think if you did a heavy oiling right before you shower it would be beneficial. Or do a deep conditioning treatment after you clarify.

ElusiveMuse
March 21st, 2011, 08:14 PM
I use cones all the time and never have trouble using coconut oil on my hair. I don't really clarify, either. Give it a try. If it doesn't work, you can always clarify and try again.

danacc
March 21st, 2011, 10:43 PM
I assume from your post that you've used coconut oil, and already know that your hair likes it. If so, I'd also recommend a coconut oil soak on unwashed ends. Then clarify followed by a nice moisturizing conditioner. Oil your ends in the morning if they feel like they need it then, too.

PrincessTieflin
March 22nd, 2011, 10:20 AM
Its feeling MUCH better this morning. ..

What I did was:

Clarify to get the cones off. (I recently found my hair hates them)
Let it soak in coconut oil and evoo while sitting in the tub.
15 Minutes later I added condish to get the oil out.
CO it all out.
Braided wet. and went to bed!

This morning I did a mister bottle with Sweet almond, and grapeseed oil mixed with a squirt of condish and a lot of water.

Feels so soft right now ahhhh

THanks all for your replies :)