PDA

View Full Version : What type of water pressure do you have?

christine1989
March 21st, 2011, 05:50 PM
At the end of last month my hair was barely brushing 19.5 inches following a good trim to even up the hemline but when I measured it today it was just over 21 inches! I measured about 10 times to be sure and sure enough it was accurate. I thought through how it could have grown over an inch and a half in around 20 days and then it hit me- I have been using a new shower with EXTREMELY strong water pressure for the past few weeks. Its like having hail pounding me in the head everytime I take a shower!

Is it possible that this could explain my hair's sudden growth spurt? My theory is that the water pressure may be increasing circulation and washing away more residue resulting in more growth. Has anyone else found water pressure to be beneficial for growth?

Fingolphin
March 21st, 2011, 06:01 PM
Hmmm...interesting. I used to have a shower than kind of felt like little needles; I always got the impression that it might actually be damaging my hair. But I dunno.

annieangel149
March 21st, 2011, 06:45 PM
wow! this is interesting! i have a power shower ! i usually prefer my bath with my little shower head attached but the water pressure is so low compared to my power shower! i keep thinking i should use the power shower more cos it will help with circulation on the scalp! i think a high water pressure would definetly increase hair growth! no doubt about it!

PrincessTieflin
March 21st, 2011, 06:50 PM
When I lived in Tx, my mom had such good water pressure that it felt like it would knock me down.

Here however. Its squat... Basically if you flush the cammode... the shower goes kaput. :(

christine1989
March 21st, 2011, 07:04 PM
wow! this is interesting! i have a power shower ! i usually prefer my bath with my little shower head attached but the water pressure is so low compared to my power shower! i keep thinking i should use the power shower more cos it will help with circulation on the scalp! i think a high water pressure would definetly increase hair growth! no doubt about it!

"Power shower" is a perfect term! :) I'm thinking the steam may also be a factor. Not only is my new shower a power shower but it is also REALLY steamy! Its like a deep conditioning treatment every time I take a shower.

Jenn of Pence
March 21st, 2011, 09:24 PM
Well, whatever is working for you I hope it continues. :) I just despise taking showers with super low water pressure; getting all the shampoo and conditioner out of this thick mane requires some serious flow. I get plenty of volume out of mine, but it isn't scalp-massaging quality. That's what DH is for I guess. ;)