View Full Version : How long did it take you to grow hair from "BSL to Waist?"

Dreamkitty
March 21st, 2011, 05:08 PM
This is a question mainly targeted at those of you who have waist length hair & above. Im at BSL at the moment & Im just curious to know how many months or years it took you to grow hair from BSL to waist length?:)

MindBeforeMouth
March 21st, 2011, 05:16 PM
I would say it took me about one and a half years. Im just estimatiing tho.

rogue_psyche
March 21st, 2011, 06:55 PM
It took me six months from the top of BSL to the top of waist. I didn't trim in that time, and I got some good summer growth during that time.

jojo
March 21st, 2011, 07:48 PM
With trims a year and a half.

constantki
March 21st, 2011, 08:07 PM
Good luck!
It took me about 2 years or so to grow to waist from bsl.

ElusiveMuse
March 21st, 2011, 08:10 PM
I was BSL at the end of June/beginning of July and I'm about 3 or so inches from waist now. From July to now my hair grew 6 inches and I trimmed 1 inch.

Fairlight63
March 21st, 2011, 08:11 PM
In Oct. 2009 I was at BSL and I am now a little below waist. So about a yr. and a half.

ArienEllariel
March 21st, 2011, 08:19 PM
really? Ahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!! *pouts* I've been thinking it wouldn't take so long. xD

Mesmerise
March 21st, 2011, 08:36 PM
Well it depends on a couple of things: a) how many inches between your BSL and your waist and b) how fast your hair grows!

For me there's about 6" between BSL and waist, and although I haven't been measuring since BSL as I only started measuring in January, I would estimate it would take me a bit less than a year to grow that 6" if I didn't trim it at all...with a couple of small trims, maybe a year?

However, for those who get 1" of growth a month, it'd take half that time!

Eire
March 21st, 2011, 09:02 PM
My hair grew from ~APL to waist in less than a year, so I'm estimating 6 months for BSL-waist. It *felt* longer, though, just because the difference was less apparent than from APL to BSL. I got trims every 3 months or so, but just about 1/2 inch.

allmixedup88
March 21st, 2011, 09:22 PM
omgosh some of you girlies have fast growth!

Jenn of Pence
March 21st, 2011, 09:29 PM
Mine was on the order of six or eight months because I am short and have an incredibly high waist. I get a solid 1/2 inch every month, so very average growth rate.

krissykins
March 21st, 2011, 10:33 PM
Mine took about a year, including a 1/2 inch trim.

julliams
March 21st, 2011, 11:16 PM
7 months from bottom of BSL to Waist. I grow at half an inch each month (totally average) and did not trim in that time.
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4078/4848202887_4a5aed2c9d_m.jpghttp://farm6.static.flickr.com/5091/5492828073_3e10b5d0af_m.jpg

schweedie
March 22nd, 2011, 03:57 AM
I'm estimating that it will be about a year - I hit BSL last summer and am quite close to waist now - with probably four small trims in that time. But I'm short and I think my waist is quite high, as well.

(julliams, I just love your hair.)

Yozhik
March 22nd, 2011, 04:35 AM
For me it was 6-7 months, no trims. That's measured wavy both times, but I have noticed my wurls stretching out now that my hair is longer. Also, I have a fairly high waist (but a really long torso -- hip will take a loooong time :pray:).

Theobroma
March 22nd, 2011, 04:43 AM
It took me about a year without trims.

rogue_psyche
March 23rd, 2011, 01:50 AM
omgosh some of you girlies have fast growth!

And some of us have short torsos and high waists, haha. ;)

bunzfan
March 23rd, 2011, 04:49 AM
I'm hoping it wont take long for me to reach waist as i'm so short (i'm 5 ft2)

Mesmerise
March 23rd, 2011, 06:05 AM
I'm short, but most of my shortness seems to be in my legs not body, so there are taller girls who have less distance to waist than me (for me it's 29"). I don't think I'm very high waisted though, and it's only another 3" to hip... so waist to hip for me is going to be less time than BSL to hip!

Chamy
March 23rd, 2011, 08:57 AM
Im not waist yet, but will be by the end of the summer i have figured out. Haha. And that will make my journey from BSL to Waist about a year long, with a few trims.

freckles
March 23rd, 2011, 09:03 AM
It took me about a year, with some trimming.

telegraph64
March 23rd, 2011, 09:31 AM
I've done it before, it only takes about 5 months, not even. The distance between my waist and bra strap is very minimal, I have a short torso.

MissCoco
March 23rd, 2011, 11:10 AM
About 4 months for me. I'm only 5'1 and my waist is average, I think (not especially high or low). It was a very enjoyable stage-- and I'm just about to start growing through it again this year! :)

BabyRay33
March 23rd, 2011, 11:10 AM
I have about 10 inches to waist and if my measurements are correct, I should be about there by the end of 2011! I hope that my growth rate continues!!

:pray:

Dark40
September 27th, 2017, 09:31 PM
With only trimming once a year it took me 6 months to get to waist from BSL. I'm at waist length now.

Salwety
September 27th, 2017, 11:26 PM
I haven't reached WL yet but it will take me a full year

lithostoic
September 28th, 2017, 07:08 AM
A year with frequent trimming.

Hairkay
September 28th, 2017, 10:40 AM
I think it took me about 2 years.

Cg
September 28th, 2017, 11:39 AM
I think ~ a year microtrimming every 6 wks.

lapushka
September 29th, 2017, 05:51 AM
The best thing to do is to measure it on yourself. Measure the distance between BSL & waist and then multiply by 2 (as hair grows about half an inch a month under ideal circumstances). Say it takes you 4 inches, so that's 8 months of growing.

I think it took me about half a year, if not less (I can't quite remember), but I'm short waisted.

Lisa Long4Life
September 29th, 2017, 12:08 PM
18 months, but I was trimming frequently.

meteor
September 29th, 2017, 06:29 PM
It took me somewhere between half a year to a year, if I remember correctly.

I think the easiest way is to measure the difference in inches between BSL and waist and multiply by 2 (assuming average 1/2'' growth per month, if not - adjust accordingly and account for trims) to get to the number of months it should take.

Alissalocks
September 30th, 2017, 09:21 AM
About 9-10 months for me, I'm long waisted and only trimmed once (~1.25") during that time. I thought I'd never make it to waist. Talk about traveling the plains of MBL, holy Moley. It was right as I discovered LHC and my hair probably wouldnt have made it there without a lot of new and better habits I learned here too.

draysmir
October 1st, 2017, 07:11 AM
It took me about 9 months to go from BSL to WL, with one 1/2" trim in that time. There's roughly 4 inches between BSL and WL for me :)

S&S
June 30th, 2019, 03:34 PM
Well it depends on a couple of things: a) how many inches between your BSL and your waist and b) how fast your hair grows!

For me there's about 6" between BSL and waist, and although I haven't been measuring since BSL as I only started measuring in January, I would estimate it would take me a bit less than a year to grow that 6" if I didn't trim it at all...with a couple of small trims, maybe a year?

However, for those who get 1" of growth a month, it'd take half that time!

How on earth do some have 1" of growth a month!? Wow :bow:

Alissalocks
July 1st, 2019, 07:51 PM
Mine took about 10 months, which is why "mid back length" creeps up as another milestone you hear here from time to time. At least you feel like you've hit another milestone while waiting and waiting on waist.

I'm long waisted and BSL is about 27" and waist is around 32" on me. Shorter torsos dont wait as long of course. I also had layers and it made measuring trickier, and occasionally micro trimming those layers made it take a while longer.

It's a hard journey but you can do it!

...I just noticed I replied to this thread years ago already lol...

hollygolightly
July 1st, 2019, 08:21 PM
8 months with a tiny trim in between

amiraaah
July 1st, 2019, 09:09 PM
7 months with 2 microtrims

Servana
July 1st, 2019, 09:30 PM
For me BSL is 25 inches and waist is 30. I'm currently about an inch from waist and I've been at BSL since about December of last year with one trim in that time.

Theoretically it should take 10 months for me to reach waist without trims. So October if I hadn't trimmed. That means my growth rate is a bit more than the standard half inch per month because I'm almost at waist right now. Sadly I'm going to have to trim asap because my split ends are out of control. Hoping for more quick growth as I aim to get back to hip.

Synester
July 1st, 2019, 09:37 PM
years with constant trims due to long term chemical damage. mechanical damage and breakage. my hair just would not grow...so i would grow grow grow! and then chop. until i grew out ALL of my processed hair. and once it was healthier and not breaking was only when the length started to actually happen.
I am at waist length now. and i started this journey in 2010. its been a mission. but it feels worth it.
now all i dream about is my TBL/BCL goal.

blesseddamozel
July 1st, 2019, 10:52 PM
~8 months, 6 of them being no-trim

Jo Ann
July 2nd, 2019, 01:22 AM
It took me about a year (I'm about 5'11") with no trims.

Ylva
July 2nd, 2019, 06:30 AM
I have no idea, I was severely depressed when I last did that and it was a good while ago.

I would estimate a bit less than a year without trims.

Haven
July 2nd, 2019, 01:17 PM
I have 3" between BSL and Waist, and I was just at a solid BSL when I joined in February and now have about an inch left to go to waist. That makes about 6-7 months for me.

milosmomma
July 2nd, 2019, 08:42 PM
I have a very short distance to go from bsl to waist, I believe it was 5/6 motnhs for me. My long haul was getting from chin to apl! Over a year and then I'd say another year from apl to bsl.

gin
July 2nd, 2019, 11:14 PM
I'm just about to hit waist. I was probably at BSL around 10-11 months ago? I've only just started paying attention to my hair a few months ago, so I don't know exactly. Also, I've had my hair trimmed twice since then, about an inch each time. So if I hadn't trimmed it, maybe it would've taken me 8-9 months???