PDA

View Full Version : Hair Masks

MindBeforeMouth
March 21st, 2011, 05:07 PM
I'm thinking about making myself a oil treatment tonight or something. Is it good to put olive oil on your hair and let it sit for awhile then rinse it out?

vanity_acefake
March 21st, 2011, 05:21 PM
Yes. Loads of lhc members love EVOO.

Magicknthenight
March 21st, 2011, 07:15 PM
I'm thinking about making myself a oil treatment tonight or something. Is it good to put olive oil on your hair and let it sit for awhile then rinse it out?

Yes. I don't care for olive oil personally. Its way too heavy IMHO. Theirs coconut oil and other types of oil. That oil will work fine. I'm not sure if you've tried it before? If you haven't maybe start with a little to see how your hair reacts. Also olive oil won't just rinse out. You might have to CO (conditioner only) wash it out. A lot of people here say doing that gets it out better then a normal CWC. Good luck though xD

ETA: I usually apply oil after a shower. For some I like putting it into my hair when its wet more.

MindBeforeMouth
March 21st, 2011, 07:25 PM
Yes. I don't care for olive oil personally. Its way too heavy IMHO. Theirs coconut oil and other types of oil. That oil will work fine. I'm not sure if you've tried it before? If you haven't maybe start with a little to see how your hair reacts. Also olive oil won't just rinse out. You might have to CO (conditioner only) wash it out. A lot of people here say doing that gets it out better then a normal CWC. Good luck though xD

ETA: I usually apply oil after a shower. For some I like putting it into my hair when its wet more.
yes I have noticed before when I did it that it was pretty heavy. I thought oh no this was probly bad for my hair so I was just seeing if it was good for it. Maybe I should shampoo it a little bit more when I use it.

jojo
March 21st, 2011, 07:43 PM
EVOO is much better if applied to dry hair, as it penetrates the hair better. I didnt care for it on wet hair but dry hair it gives my hair body and great shine. My sigi is taken after EVOO treatment.

ETA- always use conditioner not shampoo to wash off the oil, apply again straight to hair before wetting. Oil and water do not mix and you will end up with greasy hair. Just massage lots of conditioner and leave for 5 minutes.

Mesmerise
March 21st, 2011, 08:03 PM
I remember putting olive oil in my hair once YEARS ago (when it was chin length) and leaving it overnight, and it took me ages and ages to wash it out again! I haven't tried it since, although maybe I should give it another shot?!

valrhona
March 21st, 2011, 08:35 PM
Maybe you can leave it in for an hour this time?

krissykins
March 21st, 2011, 10:04 PM
If you're looking for a hair mask, have you tried the SMT (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=128)? It is an LHC staple.

If you're not up for that, EVOO is a great hair treatment! I recommend conditioner only washing to get it out, or possibly CWC.

MindBeforeMouth
March 21st, 2011, 10:36 PM
I just did a EVOO treatment. My hair is really soft but I think its going to get more oily earlier then it usally does. But, My hair looks really nice. I was wondering what your guys thoughts were on almond oil and coconut oil do you prefer those oils more? @krissykins I might try the SMT! Thanks!

dawnss
March 21st, 2011, 11:19 PM
Even though I have kinky curly hair, my hair does not like olive oil, I have fine strands and it really weighs them down. I do like coconut oil. So I would experiement with different oils and then find the one that works for you the best.

MindBeforeMouth
March 22nd, 2011, 07:42 AM
Even though I have kinky curly hair, my hair does not like olive oil, I have fine strands and it really weighs them down. I do like coconut oil. So I would experiement with different oils and then find the one that works for you the best.
Ya I'm most likely going to try coconut oil because everyone on here seems too like it alot. I also wanna try almond oil. I wanted to try the george micheal hair system becauses it's supposed to work really well. I make try that also. Has anyone tried almond oil or the george micheal hair system?