PDA

View Full Version : Got annoying baby hairs? This pic will make you feel better!

Rini
March 21st, 2011, 08:27 AM
Do you have all those annoying sticking up baby hairs on your head? You know, the new ones that grow all at once after a big shed, or some previous damage? Do you think they look bad? Well, don't worry, they CAN'T be as bad as mine!!

Since stopping the dye (5 months now), my hair has been growing voraciously and I have more hairs growing out of my scalp than I think I've ever had in my life! Unfortunately, they are at a length right now where they stick straight UP and will not lie flat for anything. I look insane!! I know eventually that I will love the extra hair adding thickness to my ponytail, and I'm glad to see such a sign of health....but really....check this pic out:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=847&pictureid=98731

DH took it yesterday and it shows clearly what I'm dealing with. My hair was actually all up in a bun at the back, so the hair you see is all the new growth that won't reach my bun (my hair is BSL).

So don't feel too bad, all of you with re-growth, it could be worse.....you could look like me! :D

(I hope I helped someone to feel better :flowers: )

spidermom
March 21st, 2011, 08:51 AM
Haha; I love the fact that I'm not alone. That's what my hair would do if I didn't use product - a lot of product (styling gel, cream, wax, etc). Of course the wind can overcome my best efforts on occasion.

jojo
March 21st, 2011, 09:02 AM
ha ha mine does the exact same!

Gumball
March 21st, 2011, 09:06 AM
Wind does that to me, too! I have lots of baby hair and a wonderfully annoying amount of short terminal hairs. When a gust hits me I do a little "oh no!" in my head, and sometimes out loud. :lol: :silly:

Vorvolaka
March 21st, 2011, 09:16 AM
Haha, my hair does that too!

NouvelleNymphe2
March 21st, 2011, 09:25 AM
Hahaha, I know what you mean! Check out mine :)

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=7260&pictureid=98739

CastaDiva
March 21st, 2011, 09:27 AM
My hair can look like that too. It looks neat and tidy when it has just been bunned, but after a while I have short hairs sticking out all over the place:)

Rini
March 21st, 2011, 09:28 AM
Really, it's amazing I even go out of the house at all these days :rolleyes:

With age comes a sense of "who cares?" and a good deal of laughing at one's self :silly: Thanks for chuckling along with me!

ColoradoDreamer
March 21st, 2011, 11:45 AM
Oh, the wild woman look! Some days I just give up, slap a baseball cap on my head and let my hair do its thing.

Firefox7275
March 21st, 2011, 01:12 PM
Noooooo .... I don't want to read about all you luscious long hairs having a halo. Mine are from breakage and THEY WILL be long and tidy in the future. :shake:

Yosha
March 21st, 2011, 01:17 PM
That's a lot of new growth! I make fun of mine and call them my Einstein hairs :D

Nessarose
March 21st, 2011, 01:20 PM
I have these as well and I don't know what to do about them! I haven't colored my hair in about 4 months and even then I used semi-permanent. Hopefull my new found love of COwashing will help out these babies!

MaiCarInMtl
March 21st, 2011, 01:39 PM
Ok, I'll admit I had to giggle, but I find it looks kinda cute. Thankfully it is a good way to judge all this new growth! If it's really bothering you, why not try to make french braids (more than one though!) that start higher up, closer to your hairline? I do that and it helps.

Actually, your picture reminds me of my hair during my honeymoon in Aruba. That place is so breezy! My hair was all over the place all the time! I looked like a complete nutbar!! I think it was the only time I cursed my layers and babyhairs.

PolarCathy
March 21st, 2011, 01:43 PM
Ha! I am having the same problem. Those pricky little hairs are freaking me out. They are everywhere. About 2"-3" long now. Results of the tabasco I assume :D

lajsa
March 21st, 2011, 02:33 PM
Baby hairs can be annoying but I sort of like them sometimes, they're all soft and fluffy ^^ I swept my hand across my neck the other day when I was wearing a braid, and what should I discover but not a bunch of fluffy little hairs hanging down my neck? :p They were like ten centimeters long; too long to look normal but too short to stay in my updos and such. I actually like those neck hairs when they behave, but mine often decide to poke straight out, especially when I'm wearing a braid. It sorts of fluffs them up I suppose. :D

Slinks
March 21st, 2011, 02:49 PM
lol :-) that's a halo !!

cuticom
March 21st, 2011, 05:19 PM
Mines worse, the new hairs are about 5" long but I'm a curly and they stick up in corkscrew curls, it's a uh fairly unique look LOL.

LadyG
March 21st, 2011, 05:24 PM
LOL! I did that Saturday. I bunned my hair, went outside in the wind and I could see this halo of hair waving around my head. I said Ekkk! And ran right back inside.

ratgirldjh
March 21st, 2011, 05:35 PM
Wow! I'm so glad you posted this! I am having pretty much the same problem which I didn't notice until trying to do my last henna! When I did my front hair roots I suddenly saw all these tiny hairs that were too short to stay back and also want to stick straight up! At first I feared breakage but then looked closer and noticed I have them all around my hairline and that my hairline seems to be further down on my forehead! I may actually be growing a slight widows peak! Anyway it is good to see that others have this too! I actually called my two long haired sisters to ask them if it could really be baby hairs and if this has happened to them and they agreed.

Tressie
March 21st, 2011, 05:38 PM
That's what happens to my hair a little while after I make my updo. At first it's reasonably smooth, and then these little wisps start crawling out and down, and around! I don't want to gel, so I just hope it "softens the look"! Ha, ha! (o;

E.T.A. I'm not sure all of the wisps are "baby hairs". It's very possible some are broken, however, I hope not many, if any! :flower:

Vercelli
March 21st, 2011, 05:50 PM
I find your picture extremely cute!:flower: And you are pretty in any case, that's for sure!

Btw, I have been growing strange baby hair (funnily mainly on one side of my head) forever. I would love to know why that is.:shrug:

x0h_bother
March 21st, 2011, 05:54 PM
First off, I love you for posting this since I have been tormented by my own baby hairs and recently using the search terms "broken nape hair" and "temple hair." Second, Lucky you!!! You have SO much regrowth, if I had that much I'd be jumping for joy that I'm gaining so much thickness. :blossom:

TessieAnn
March 21st, 2011, 05:57 PM
Be happy you have all those hairs sprouting all over the place!

And at your advanced age of 38? :silly: Really, dahlink!

:blossom:

Rini
March 22nd, 2011, 12:26 AM
It's good to know I am not alone!! I'm also glad to have provided some entertainment :bow:

Actually, I'm almost afraid to say....there was no wind on that day!! My hair actually sticks straight up right now :shocked: I have very fine hair so it just kinda "floats" above my head. My kids find it very funny too :rolleyes:

(TessieAnn, I don't think I'm old.....just mature enough to laugh at myself! hehe)

embee
March 22nd, 2011, 07:10 AM
... and when the sunlight catches the cat's fur it looks *so* beautiful! A nimbus.

Loved the pic, made me smile. My hair doesn't do that, but it doesn't grow in thick either. :(

Now that I am old I'm growing the squiggly curly things on the sides, over my ears, all fuzzy. They're gray. A new look for this "totally straight hair". I kinda like it, makes me laugh.

rockprincess
April 8th, 2011, 10:40 AM
I have this problem as well! The only way I can get the hairs to lie down and cooperate is with a flat iron, which I'm avoiding as much as possible. Mine never seem to grow out, though. Using gel helps a bit, but some days I'm just too lazy. :D

AMW
April 8th, 2011, 10:53 AM
I love this place ... you guys are so funny!!