PDA

View Full Version : What is a good, cheap clarifying shampoo that can be found in Walmart and such?

TealDolphin
March 20th, 2011, 10:59 PM
I used a shampoo/conditioner with cones tonight just to see what would happen, but I want to be able to remove those; I need a cheap, but good shampoo that will remove the cones that I will be able to get at Wal Mart or such.

HintOfMint
March 20th, 2011, 11:13 PM
Neutrogena Anti-Residue is a really good clarifier, that cuts through EVERYTHING.

JJetson
March 20th, 2011, 11:14 PM
Giovanni Smooth as Silk. At CVS.

Sundial
March 20th, 2011, 11:16 PM
I second Neutrogena too! I had to give it to DH because I was allergic to something in it (made my eyes red/itchy and my lips red/swell) but it did leave my hair feeling good.

I can tell that DH loves it too. I wanted to toss the bottle after I realized it was causing allergies but he kept trying to dissuade me and asked me to leave it for him. He keeps trying to use it often (instructions said only to use once a week), so I resorted to hiding the bottle 6 days a week. :rolleyes:

Sophiawavyhair
March 20th, 2011, 11:21 PM
VO5 kiwi lime clarifying shampoo

JamieLeigh
March 21st, 2011, 12:08 AM
I haven't had any trouble with Suave Clarifying. I've used it for all of my clarification needs since I joined here over 2 years ago. It's as cheap as it gets. lol

Dolly
March 21st, 2011, 04:43 AM
Prell Classic works pretty well too.....you can get it for under $2 at a Dollar General or WalMart......

Nessarose
March 21st, 2011, 09:24 AM
VO5 kiwi lime clarifying shampoo

2nd! I use the conditioner for COwashing!

TealDolphin
March 23rd, 2011, 06:12 PM

Chamomile betty
March 23rd, 2011, 06:59 PM
Suave clarifying. I use it about once a month.

Macaroni
March 23rd, 2011, 08:29 PM
Another vote for Suave Clarifying shampoo. It says Daily Clarifying on the bottle but only someone who uses a ton of product would do a daily clarify.

firefly42
March 23rd, 2011, 09:18 PM
I use my husbands shampoo...since i generally don't use sulfates it totally does the job for me. it's some suave men's stuff.

dollface
April 1st, 2011, 07:01 PM
if you have damaged hair, i would steer clear of prell, i used it on my damaged hair and i wasn't able to get a comb through it for days, it also caused scalp and skin irritation for me. i have had good results with suave clarifying though and VO5 kiwi shampoo worked pretty good as well and it has the bonus of a yummy scent.

MandyBeth
April 1st, 2011, 07:22 PM
Dilute baking soda, followed by an ACV rinse.