PDA

View Full Version : Why I Have Not Updated My Pics

trillcat
March 20th, 2011, 09:22 PM
I have taken the time to photo my avocado pit, my cat, everything but me.
I am very uncomfortable now. Hair is at waist, but I don't have a waist I can show. It is just all fat. I am not even sure where my waist is.
I will post pics, but give me time, I am not ready yet

krissykins
March 20th, 2011, 09:33 PM
:grouphug: I hope you can get your confidence back up. I want to see your lovely hair! I won't judge on your body shape :D

Calaelen
March 20th, 2011, 09:33 PM
*hug* You know I've been there. We all look at hair here...not much else.

julliams
March 20th, 2011, 09:34 PM
I've just started limiting my snacking and working out at Curves more often. I take a photo each week on the same day of my body wearing the same thing. It's horrible to take the first one, but you know that every week after that it's a case of " the incredible shrinking person" and I actually look forward to taking photos each week. Of course it's very visual and motivating. If however you are not wanting to change, take your time and post a pic when you are ready. It's always nice to have fellow LHC members comment on growth, texture, colour etc.

Amraann
March 20th, 2011, 09:36 PM
Trillcat, I am not feeling at my thinnest lately either.

At last check we are here to talk about hair and look at development in that area not each others waist lines.
So do not even worry about that. And please share hair pics when you feel comfortable doing so:)

UltraBella
March 20th, 2011, 09:55 PM
Trillcat, I will be your chubby buddy ! I am not feeling great, spring time is here and I sat on my butt all winter and ate cookies :(

littlenvy
March 20th, 2011, 09:58 PM
Hugs!!

And just remember, here we only see your beautiful hair :)
And you have done great :applause so please share when you are ready.

Amraann
March 20th, 2011, 10:07 PM
I think that I am going to vow right now to get back to pilates like starting tomorrow.

firicia
March 20th, 2011, 10:19 PM
Wow waist long hair, that must feel so awesome. Hiding from photo's sucks, a lot of people can relate(myself included). Once you are comfortable though there will be a lot of people here excited and waiting to see your beautiful hair and beautiful self. We think people will judge us, but really we judge ourselves the worst.

trillcat
March 20th, 2011, 10:20 PM
I really do want to show my hair, I really do, it is soooo cool this long! But my weight, I am just so not good with it.
It is so tough. I like this about me, and hate that, fatty fatty no one loves you

ElusiveMuse
March 20th, 2011, 10:22 PM
Your waist is perfect. It holds the top of your body to the bottom. It holds in your organs. Maybe it makes you laugh when someone tickles it. Your hair is long and reaches this part of your body.

Hair changes. Waists change. I completely respect and empathize with your feeling that you aren't quite ready to photograph your waist. I often feel that way about my body. But I hope that deep down you remind yourself that you are not your waist, or even your hair.

And if you wish your waist would change, that does not cancel out the accomplishment of your hair, whether or not you feel comfortable showing us.

Thin and beautiful are not one and the same. And even if they were, beautiful isn't always the most important purpose for your body.

I hope that this post does not offend, it was intended to be encouraging.

trillcat
March 20th, 2011, 10:25 PM
Your waist is perfect. It holds the top of your body to the bottom. It holds in your organs. Maybe it makes you laugh when someone tickles it. Your hair is long and reaches this part of your body.

Hair changes. Waists change. I completely respect and empathize with your feeling that you aren't quite ready to photograph your waist. I often feel that way about my body. But I hope that deep down you remind yourself that you are not your waist, or even your hair.

And if you wish your waist would change, that does not cancel out the accomplishment of your hair, whether or not you feel comfortable showing us.

Thin and beautiful are not one and the same. And even if they were, beautiful isn't always the most important purpose for your body.

Muse, I like debating you no offence here

Wheatland
March 20th, 2011, 10:36 PM
I'm with you trillcat. I hate having to take pictures that include anything below my neck/shoulders.

Something about summer just makes me all of a sudden aware of how much weight I've gained throughout the year.

Slinks
March 20th, 2011, 10:53 PM
like all before me have said we're here to see your hair ..

I've been green with envy at a lot of peeps hair !!

Red_Wednesday
March 20th, 2011, 10:57 PM
Trillcat, I will be your chubby buddy ! I am not feeling great, spring time is here and I sat on my butt all winter and ate cookies :(

Yep, I pretty much did the same thing:o.

JamieLeigh
March 21st, 2011, 12:20 AM
As others have said before me, we're only interested in the hair. No one on this site has any right to judge you about your appearance. Everyone's opinion of body-beautiful is different, yet we all seem to agree that long hair is beautiful. I think it's amazing to have waist length hair, I remember how excited I was at that length. It's a pretty big milestone!!! :cheer:

And rest assured...if you did post a photo and someone had something unkind to say, the rest of us would come down hard on them and make them regret ever posting it. :flower:

Either way you decide, congratulations to you for reaching a hair milestone and thank you for sharing that with us, pic or no pic. :D

pepperminttea
March 21st, 2011, 02:40 AM
I don't have a waist either Trillcat, I never have (I was a fat kid, and well, I still am). Don't worry about it; break out the cropping tool if you want to. We're all hair-centric here, no-one'll notice. ;)

Mesmerise
March 21st, 2011, 02:51 AM
*Hugs* I know what it feels like to be uncomfortable with your weight! I hope one day you get the confidence to post your beautiful hair :)

Toadstool
March 21st, 2011, 03:09 AM

I think this is a beautiful post.

I really do want to show my hair, I really do, it is soooo cool this long! But my weight, I am just so not good with it.
It is so tough. I like this about me, and hate that, fatty fatty no one loves you

My therapist has been telling me for years people can love you whatever your size! Honey, I know how difficult this is. Due to my recent hysterectomy I have no waist at all and look pregnant. Yesterday I spent half the day crying after my mother referred to my "weight problem" (it's post-operative swelling due to lymph and bruising actually, and there she is telling me not to bake muffins until I have gained control of my weight)
It's great you love your hair, and one day you will love your body too.:)

hanne jensen
March 21st, 2011, 03:32 AM
Trillcat, I know where you're coming from. I've promised my hair that now it's finally long I'll do everything I can to improve my figure. It's just so darned slow!

christine1989
March 21st, 2011, 03:41 AM
Hey, when someone has lovely long hair they could be 300lbs and all I would notice is "what a thick hemline they have!" ;)

Xandergrammy
March 21st, 2011, 05:29 AM

:grouphug: I know how you feel, but honestly on LHC I never felt like I was being judged about my weight. We come in all shapes and sizes here. I'd love to see a picture of your beautiful hair. :flowers:

trillcat
March 21st, 2011, 06:06 AM
You are all so sweet!
I know none of you would say anything to me about being overweight, and that you would come down like the hammer of God on anyone who had anything nasty to say. It is me that is not comfortable with this.
I gained back 50lbs that I lost and I guess I am having a bit of a pity party, (Yay monthly hormones!) even though I am loosing it again, it never seems fast enough does it when you are loosing weight. 2 pounds a week is healthy but that scale never seems to move fast enough!
It is also hard for me as I have struggled with eating disorders for gosh, a long time now. So any weight loss is a tricky slope to climb. I am also extremely stubborn and impatient, I want to wake up and have all the weight gone, but that isn't really a good idea as I would be a weird looking bunch of loose skin. *sigh*
I am doing better thanks to all your wonderful posts, but still not ready to take the pics yet, I know I know, but you will all have to just deal with the avocado pit and Miss Ginger Cat pics for now. :)

AuburnTresses
March 21st, 2011, 09:39 AM
As several others have said we're interested in your hair, but also remember it's YOU who we care about. Who you are inside.

And because I've been there I would recommend not calling yourself names or fatty. Love yourself. :flower:

BrightEyes7
March 21st, 2011, 10:05 AM

Same here! But not cookies... those darn delicious New York Cheesecake Strawberry Pancakes at IHOP! Darn them for being so deliciously fattening!:mad:

And Trillcat, we want to see the hair! If you aren't comfortable having your body in the photo, maybe you can cover your body by holding a towel up between your back and your hair and having someone take the photo. That way you can be hidden and we can still see your hair!! I dunno.... I just wanna see the hair:p

Rocket22
March 21st, 2011, 10:07 AM
Oh do post photos Trillcat none of us care what your waist looks like we just wanna see beautiful hair :)

Amraann
March 21st, 2011, 10:30 AM
Trillcat,

How about a pic of just your hair?

I have seen some pics like that on here.. Like hair splayed on a pillow or something.
Or the length against a back drop. KWIM?

Then we can all see and compliment your progress without you having to feel uncomfortable.

elbow chic
March 21st, 2011, 10:41 AM
I feel like 'Precious Ramotswe' about it.

"Traditionally built." Isn't that nicer than "overweight?" :D

I really am fond of plumpness in a lady... it's comforting and lovely, I think.

Me, I am neither thin nor really fat but according to the BMI charts I'd have to lose 20-25 pounds to qualify as "normal." Pfft! Keep yer normal.

Debra83
March 21st, 2011, 10:47 AM
Same here! But not cookies... those darn delicious New York Cheesecake Strawberry Pancakes at IHOP! Darn them for being so deliciously fattening!:mad:

And Trillcat, we want to see the hair! If you aren't comfortable having your body in the photo, maybe you can cover your body by holding a towel up between your back and your hair and having someone take the photo. That way you can be hidden and we can still see your hair!! I dunno.... I just wanna see the hair:p

This! Exactly what I was thinking!

jeanniet
March 21st, 2011, 10:55 AM
Trillcat, I would love to see your hair. I don't have much of a waist either of late. You are not your waist, and your hair certainly isn't. Please show us your lovely locks!

MsBubbles
March 21st, 2011, 11:07 AM
Trillcat that's so funny. I can definitely relate. I finally got my camera working last week and went to take an update pic - at waist also, and gave up in disgust at the sight of these ugly bulges at the top of my jeans, showing through my top, even. So yeah the update pic is gonna wait until I can get rid of it.

spidermom
March 21st, 2011, 11:14 AM
Well, you could wrap a belt around your waist so everyone can see where it is, then crop the picture in so that not much is shown beyond the hair. That's what I've done in many pictures; see my "growing concern" album.

RitaPG
March 21st, 2011, 11:46 AM
I'm sorry you feel that way:grouphug: Just remember this is not a fitness club and it's not even a competition. Hopefully you'll get your confidence back soon, your hair is really pretty and I'm sure we all would love to see it at its current length :)

jojo
March 21st, 2011, 12:52 PM
hey its the long hair community not who's got the thinnest waist community! I don't judge nobody by their weight and have never noticed anybody else on here doing so either.

The community is for everybody and reflects real life and we all come in different shapes and sizes. So what you waiting for we want to see your lovely hair!

CarpeDM
March 21st, 2011, 01:06 PM
The last thing I look at is a person's body here, I am 100% obsessively focused on hair and hair toys alone LOL. Show me a pretty flexi 8 and everything else goes black and fades away :radar: