PDA

View Full Version : Dance the night away! (Clubbing and long hair)

MathnSkating
March 20th, 2011, 06:13 PM
So I've recently started going clubbing and was curious what you all do with the hair when you go dancin'. Don't want a hairstyle to fall down and stuff.

Anyone have one they always use? Down? Pony? Braids? Share!

:beerchug:

Knotted
March 20th, 2011, 07:43 PM
My hair isn't very long, but I like to wear it down or in a low side ponytail.

Signe
March 20th, 2011, 07:45 PM
I know it's probably no good for my hair cos i go to some pretty mental clubs, but i LOVE the feeling of dancing with my hair down....it is one of the reasons i want to be a longhair! i actually never put it up for clubbing:beerchug:

HintOfMint
March 20th, 2011, 07:56 PM
Leave it down, go nuts, and deal with the damage later. For a fabulous night out, it is worth it. I remember leaving for the Fall Formal at my law school looking like Jackie O (as a friend lovingly put it, bless him) and woke up looking like Ke$ha (only my words, thank goodness). Worth it, worth it, worth it.

After that I learned to always have a pair of S&D scissors, an SMT and coconut oil waiting for me.

Rivanariko
March 20th, 2011, 08:23 PM
I think lots of small braids would probably be my ideal. You can still get the feeling of dancing with your hair down, but no worries about the damage and tangles. Pain to do beforehand though.

I don't go out much, haven't been dancing in... a while. So I can't really give an answer.

karenpetal
March 20th, 2011, 08:25 PM
love my hair down while dancing clubbing second would be a high ponytail !!have fun !!

darklion
March 20th, 2011, 08:31 PM
I like it down. Deal with damage later!

braidedbelle
March 20th, 2011, 08:32 PM
Messy bun or high pony tail! Or put it in a side braid.

luxepiggy
March 20th, 2011, 09:39 PM
Casual porkbun every time (^(oo)~)

Amraann
March 20th, 2011, 09:42 PM
It has been a long time since I have been clubbing but always down.

ravenreed
March 20th, 2011, 09:57 PM
I have been wearing my hair up when I dance because otherwise I get really hot and my hair gets all sweaty, especially on my neck. I like double buns for dancing.

skydancer7
March 20th, 2011, 10:01 PM
Hah!
Every time I go out dancing with any kind of up-do, half-up, etc, I ALWAYS end up taking my hair down within 20 minutes or so. There's nothing quite like dancing with your hair down. However, I always keep an elastic band on hand so I can put my hair in a messy bun quickly if I get too hot. Then when I feel better I let it loose again! WOOHOOOO!

Vorvolaka
March 21st, 2011, 05:55 AM
I start with it down but end up putting it up. I'm not fond of my hair down when dancing. Tangle city!

Kherome
March 21st, 2011, 07:37 AM
I (used to) like two buns, high on the sides, like over each ear. As I bun the piggy's I leave just a bit, as big around as your thumb maybe (?) coming out of the middle of the bun. People always liked it, and my hair wasn't getting all sweaty and thrashed around. People always said it was like "anime" but I don't watch anime so I can't say if they're right or not.

Chamy
March 22nd, 2011, 08:53 AM
I love clubbing, and i dont do anything different with my hair from what i usually do. I just wear it like i feel like. I dont think you should be too obsessive about your hair, because you wont enjoy it as much. :)

wvgemini
March 22nd, 2011, 09:07 AM
I leave with it down and go from down to up and back again through the night, lol. I get hot while dancing (even when it's not super long), so I like to keep some way of pulling it back if I need to.

Vervaine
March 22nd, 2011, 09:25 AM
Perhaps some sort of up do (not familiar with very many yet) with the ends sticking out all spikey-like? But then, I suppose the look you want is going to depend on the type of club scene you're into. Last night I was at a club and pigtails were wildly popular.

meriellyn
March 22nd, 2011, 10:51 PM
I don't go out much at all anymore but have always preferred to wear my hair down when going out. Party time is the perfect time to show it off, IMO. I'll take something to put it up with later in the night if I get hot, etc but I always go out with it down. It's just more fun that way and I think I look better with my hair down, especially if I'm getting dressed up and wearing make-up and what not.

rogue_psyche
March 23rd, 2011, 01:59 AM
I don't really go to clubs, and the one time I did I wore a Figure Eight held with a Ficcare. I wonder how a treble cleft bun would stay? A ballet style bun might look cool depending on your outfit. I wonder if I can pull off six dutch braids/cornrows. Probably not. :shrug:

Malibu Barbie
March 23rd, 2011, 03:17 AM
I wear it down most of the time but pigtails are also one of my fav's.

oktobergoud
March 23rd, 2011, 03:55 AM
Well my hair's a pixie so.. this thread isn't for me but I just wanted to say how much I hate it when someone with REALLY long hair just throw their hair over their shoulders and right into my face :P There are other people too, just saying! ;) No hair envy here :D But I've had some ends in my hair haha, it's not that tasty :P

(So yes, a lot of people are wearing it down when I go clubbing :))

Nini
March 23rd, 2011, 04:19 AM
Braided, but then I might slap someone with it;)

Bunned with either stics, forks or Ficcares.

SolSara
March 23rd, 2011, 04:49 AM
I don't dare wear it down, or it will get caught in something/someone. Not that I club much, but last time I went out I did a half up bun with accent lace braids held with a flexi-8 and the bottom half in a simple braid. That way it showed of the length, was very fancy and reduced the risk of something bad happening to it. A braid can also be moved to the front, wrapped around the bun or even tucked in somewhere if needed. Next time I think I'll try multiple braids. :) It might not be for the crazy dancer though, or you might hurt someone else. ;)

MonaMayfair
March 23rd, 2011, 05:01 AM
Braids, definitely!

freckles
March 23rd, 2011, 06:45 AM
I struggle with choosing a style for clubbing and parties. I definitely don't want my hair down, even when it was shorter I encountered creepers in clubs who I wouldn't trust with my hair, and I've had beer poured all down me and thought THANK GOD it's only on my clothes not my hair :lol: And I would be too scared of it getting ripped out or something. But I suppose it depends on what you do.

But most updos are not exactly mainstream for the clubs I go to. When it was around BSL, I mostly wore it in a ponytail (with that poof thing at the front) or a shortened ponytail using a two-barrette method. I'm not going out to clubs much recently, but anyway, now I just usually go for a bun and if I don't look trendy, then, oh well! :lol:

sneakybea
March 23rd, 2011, 11:32 AM
Might I suggest the fairy tale braid for a compromise between an updo and wearing it down? I wore my hair like that for a belly dance performance because while it gave me the feeling of having my hair down, the strands are sort of separated so it didn't tangle as much. Plus I got a lot of compliments on my braiding skills.

I think that the braided mohawk style would be great for clubbing as well. You can add me to the list of those who don't go very often, but when I did go, I often chose a braided headband style to at least keep the hair off my face.

Paranda Belle
March 23rd, 2011, 05:06 PM
I have to have my hair up otherwise I find I get too hot. And it has to be secure to cope with dancing.

Try going for a messy beehive piled ontop of your head so it looks informal and unstructured, or a really high pony tail.

Braidy
March 24th, 2011, 03:39 AM
I definitely wear my hair down! Keeping it out of your face is a matter of how you move your head so just practice those head moves in front of the mirror :D

Amelia
March 24th, 2011, 05:58 AM
I'm not much of a clubber, but I go to gigs. I just went to one last week and I was lucky I could sit down, so no mosh pit or anything like that. But, in a few weeks I have another one from a different band, and this is your normal rock concert. Last time I went to one my hair was only APL and i managed well. Now I'm a few cms away from waist and there's no way i'm taking sticks in my hair to such a concert. I think I'll be wearing a four strand braid, that has proven to be almost indestructible.

daaisychains
March 24th, 2011, 12:14 PM
I wear it down and then deal with the consequences after :)!

DeaBellona
March 27th, 2011, 03:12 PM
I frequent a lot of goth clubs, where a lot of the attendees, male and female, have long hair, often extremely long; past classic etc. The longest I've seen was ankle, on a man, which looked gorgeous. Most wear it down, as do I and it seems to be ok.

Raekwon
March 27th, 2011, 03:20 PM
I nearly always go to the club with my hair braided up [here's a pic of a night out]:

http://i.imgur.com/UTmqb.jpg