PDA

View Full Version : Help me pamper my hair?

et--cetera
March 20th, 2011, 03:54 PM
So, long story short I am taking my hair back to blonde next month from a light henna red that it has faded too. Please do not lecture me on this, I have my reasons and its for a HUGE occasion. In a month leading up to that I want to make my hair as healthy and happy as possible, so I would like your suggestions.

Amraann
March 20th, 2011, 04:02 PM
My suggestion is that you make sure that you give yourself time between coloring and the event.
So you can correct if needed:)

brelj
March 20th, 2011, 04:05 PM
I believe there is a thread about what you can do for your hair to make the bleaching process as less harsh for your hair as possible.

I found it: "Possible way to protect hair from conventional peroxide damage"
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=10495

Good luck!

et--cetera
March 20th, 2011, 04:09 PM
oh, thank you for the link

and I am making sure I'll have enough time between the two, about three months.

HintOfMint
March 20th, 2011, 04:16 PM
A member here, Ericthegreat, took his hair from jet black to bright blonde, and he swears by coconut oil.

Godspeed and enjoy your hair!

PS there is also a thread for blondes, both bottle and natural.

Firefox7275
March 20th, 2011, 05:31 PM
Please do a strand test before you bleach as many have ended up with orange hair (that's not a lecture, I love my chemical colour :D ). It also might be worth finding out what the situation is with heat styling as I know that can darken henna. What I don't know is if that can still be a problem even when the henna has faded or been lightened, it may because henna bonds to your hair so in theory it could still oxidise.