PDA

View Full Version : Satin Sakks

LILBERT
March 20th, 2011, 01:57 PM
Okies, i couldnt see a thread on these. Infact, i could only see three threads these have ever been mentioned on :confused: Anyhow, i dont think they are that popular but i just thought id post my experience just incase anyone was looking to get one.

So, i needed a satin nightime haircap, the regular elastic ones slid off, and the pretty wrap wasn't large enough. (I have BSL thick hair). So i found these:
http://flaury.startlogic.com/store/index.html
They looked perfect! :)
So i ordered a long black one. I live in the UK, they took about 3 weeks to arrive. I sent two emails in the meantime because i had no confirmation of shipping and none were replied to. When they arrived, i found i had 2!! and a note. The black one had been slightly damaged, (the velcro had attatched to the satin and fluffed it up a bit) but it was the only one they had left. So they sent me the damaged black, and also a perfect silver one too. Which i though was really sweet.

Ive been wearing it every night since a received it, and sometimes in the mornings or evenings if i want my hair out of the way and dont want it to get tangled. I am a VERY widgity sleeper. Cant stand my hair be contained or be uncomfortable in any way. These are perfect for me. I can sleep as if my hair is just down my back, but its wrapped in satin. And i can flip it over the pillow or pull it over my shoulder if needed, Its elasticated at the back, but has a heaband that attatches with velcro. Can be worn under the tail or over it. Its adjustable. I find it SUPER-comfortable, its not ungly like the standard elasticated ones, the satin is on the inside to protect hair and the headband is satin both sides to both look pretty and protect your hairline.

So in summary i would recommend these :D They were EXACTLY what i was looking for. And my hair is thanking me for it.

Marjolein
March 21st, 2011, 05:49 AM
Thanks for the review Lilbert! I'm rather intrigued now! Could you please tell me how long BSL is on you and how much room there is in the 'sakk' to grow further?

LILBERT
March 21st, 2011, 06:38 AM
BSL is 25" on me. Im 5ft 6" and this sakk (long size) comes down to about an inch below my waist. So i have a fair bit of growing room. When my hair gets too long to just let it hang naturally, ill just curl up some of the length into the bottom, and then pull it over my shoulder to sleep. :D

Marjolein
March 21st, 2011, 06:54 AM
Thanks for replying so quickly! It seems that I could use it just fine with my 28 inches of hair then. Great!

squintinschool
March 21st, 2011, 08:47 AM
Hmm. I wish I had read this before purchasing the PrettyWrap, because I really have too much hair to use it properly. Sigh. And of course I've given myself a moratorium on buying things for this month.

autumn_aqua
March 21st, 2011, 09:48 AM
I've been using the Satinsakk for a few weeks now, on the nights I don't damp bun (I use a "regular" sleep cap then.) It is nice and well made, and definitely feels protective, but I don't get second day hair when I use it. My hair ends up kind of partially straightened and with wonky bends at the bottom.

It might be operator error though, I can't do it the way it's shown in the video.... so I've just been sort of stuffing my hair in it and shaking till it smooths out and goes to the bottom (where it's bunched up in the point at the end.) My hair is past waist length now, moving toward hip so I'm not sure if it's because of the length, or what. I'm going to try and experiment with it.

I do find the fit around my head to be a bit loose and it slips off occasionally, maybe I just have a small head though and never realized it before. :)

That being said, I do think it's a nice way to protect the hair while sleeping, and I like the satin on the inside. Even with my hair coming out wonky, it's not too badly tangled which is great. I just wear my hair up the next day.