PDA

View Full Version : Faux-bob!

Anywhere
March 20th, 2011, 10:46 AM
I've been practicing fake bobs lately, as I plan on wearing one for April 1 to see who thinks I actually cut my hair. All of the tutorials that required rolling up all the hair as a unit and pinning left large and awkward bulges at the back of my head. After searching around here I came across Sunny's version (which can be found here (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=15791)) and modified it a bit. Here's my results:http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=4113&pictureid=98619

I made an article with a video tutorial for those curious as to what i did differently.

I can't wait to fool my friends. :D

AnnaJamila
March 20th, 2011, 10:57 AM
bwahaha! I want to try!!!

Ishje
March 20th, 2011, 11:01 AM
that looks convincing :D

Fufu
March 20th, 2011, 11:11 AM
Really looks like you have short bob.

Lynda
March 20th, 2011, 11:31 AM
My sister and niece are constantly on me to cut my hair. I am sooooo doing this to them on April 1!

Adamia
March 20th, 2011, 11:53 AM
I've been practicing fake bobs lately, as I plan on wearing one for April 1 to see who thinks I actually cut my hair.

Haha, I have been doing this very same thing with the same plan in mind. Your bob appears looks a lot more realistic than mine, though. :)

jujube
March 20th, 2011, 11:56 AM
I wish I had a faux bob instead of a real one.

Anywhere
March 20th, 2011, 12:40 PM
At least you look stunning with a real bob, jujube. I didn't include a front-facing picture because I look like Velma from Scooby Doo with my bob. I never was fond of Velma..

spidermom
March 20th, 2011, 12:57 PM
So cute! I have a couple of pictures of a faux bob in my album "spidermom tames the web". My hair is too heavy for it now; it won't stay rolled or pinned into place anymore.

Superfine
March 20th, 2011, 03:15 PM
Spidermon, I love you. Would that my hair would "not stay rolled or pinned into place anymore"! A friend of mine has classic length hair & for some years now has been wearing it pinned up [U]somehow![U] to make it look like a shoulder length bob. She is so private she won't tell me how she does it.!! Every time I try with my BSL, fine, slick hair it is very slippery. I have noticed that my friend moves her head very stiffly & not back & forth a lot. Perhaps aware of not dis-arranging the do?

Superfine
March 20th, 2011, 03:18 PM
Well...kind of a P.S. Anywhere, your bob looks very good. Should really fake them out. Does it feel comfortable? Like other "updos"?

Anywhere
March 21st, 2011, 01:11 PM
It feels fine. I shook my head violently a couple of times and only the obvious weak spot fell out a bit. The rest of it stayed put.

heartgoesboom
March 21st, 2011, 02:21 PM
I gotta try this and scare some people, haha.

Aud200
March 21st, 2011, 08:34 PM
HA! Seems to be very convincing, what a good April Fools joke!

christine1989
March 21st, 2011, 08:46 PM
That looks like an actual bob! I think you're going to fool them! You'll have to update us on how it turns out. :)

KittyLost
June 21st, 2011, 02:03 AM
I love this! I can't wait to have long hair so I could faux-bob it and pretend it's been chopped :p i'm currently sporting a faux-aline because of my stupid short layers so when I clip or pin the back the short layers fall forward and from the front it appears I have an a-line.

kelly-j
June 21st, 2011, 02:40 AM
It really looks like a bok, and you could surely pull it off as an April 1st fool!

umbrellabones
June 21st, 2011, 05:34 PM
really convincing! I have short layers, so I can just throw my hair in a low pony and tuck in in my shirt!:p