PDA

View Full Version : Big gush of envy for a sweet super shortie

Beets
March 19th, 2011, 09:31 PM
Saw a super shortie today whose haircut I ADORED. It was so, so, so cute. What kills me is that we had completely different hair textures. Hers looked on the fine side, and not as thick, and we had way different hairlines. But the wisps! The fetching tussles! The slight and pretty waves!

Uuuuugh. Luckily, the Hub pointed out the difference in hair texture as soon as I mentioned my envy, saving me from spending too much time in pointless mental chop-land.

Still. I'm here pining away for hair I never had...

SarahBeth
March 19th, 2011, 10:00 PM
I know what you mean. I saw a lady with a pixie the other day, and I just had to tell her how beautiful she was. I used to have a pixie and it just never looked like that. I love the look of short hair, I just don't want to have it anymore. Does that make sense?

Mesmerise
March 19th, 2011, 10:07 PM
When I have long hair I often find myself admiring pixies...I just have to remind myself how they are NOT me and take FOREVER to grow out lol. I mean, sometimes I miss being able to go swimming, then shower and just quickly rub my hair with a towel and it was okay lol...but errm I just occasionally miss it!! I miss more having really long hair ;)

Although I know when my hair's really long, I'll still occasionally pine for the pixie. But if I had the pixie I'd feel waaaaay worse about not having long hair, so I know to SQUASH that silly thought away!

jaine
March 19th, 2011, 10:19 PM
I also miss my pixie sometimes... It was so quick to dry and easy to make it look professional. All I needed was some gel, and a fine-tooth comb, and an open car window on the way to work, and my hair was dry and perfectly smooth and polished in less than half an hour.
I missed having long hair when I had a pixie, though. Can't win.

krissykins
March 19th, 2011, 10:25 PM
There are lots of pretty short hairstyles, but I prefer the look of longer hair on myself. Still, it's nice to dream and admire :crush:

Smile4Kiki
March 19th, 2011, 10:46 PM
This happens to me all the time.. I see someone with a pixie and remember how cute & fun it was. Then I start thinking how it would be so much easier than having to fight with my not yet apl awkward-ish hair. But coming on here, and thinking about the dreadful growing out process nips the pixie envy in the bud... Til I see another one then it's repeat the whole cycle.

Beets
March 20th, 2011, 12:39 PM
Thanks for all the commiseration, y'all. :p I looked wretched with a pixie. Everything looked wrong to my eyes: my head shape, my texture, my hairline, my cowlicks. And you're right; would I to have made such a chop, I'd immediately see a longhaired beauty and covet her braids and twists. Such is human nature, I guess.

I think I'll stick with Krissy's idea: It's nice to dream!

Knotted
March 20th, 2011, 01:20 PM
Aww! I know how you feel. I knew a girl with a pixie but her hair was thicker than mine and she had cute dark curls all over her head. I have very straight hair and would never be able to have her cut...but I still admired it every day. :)

sibiryachka
March 21st, 2011, 09:52 AM
I try to think of adorable short haircuts the way I think of purple clothes: I wish they looked good on me, but since they don't, I admire and enjoy the heck out of them on other people.

ladydiane818
March 21st, 2011, 10:03 AM
That's what inspired me to chop my hair from BSL to above chin in September. And of course, now I want it back, and I think about how long it would be now, had I never cut it.

Argh. The grass always looks greener, until you get to the other side, then you see that it's the same color as the grass you had...

hmmm
March 21st, 2011, 11:16 AM
I loved my short hair when I had it. I love my long hair now. I'd cut it off if I didn't.

Debra83
March 21st, 2011, 11:20 AM
I also miss my pixie sometimes... It was so quick to dry and easy to make it look professional. All I needed was some gel, and a fine-tooth comb, and an open car window on the way to work, and my hair was dry and perfectly smooth and polished in less than half an hour.
I missed having long hair when I had a pixie, though. Can't win.

Totally this. :o

Fethenwen
March 21st, 2011, 01:46 PM
I try to think of adorable short haircuts the way I think of purple clothes: I wish they looked good on me, but since they don't, I admire and enjoy the heck out of them on other people.
Haha, same here :p Though it's black in my case.

pennyroyal
March 21st, 2011, 03:01 PM
I know what you mean. I saw a lady with a pixie the other day, and I just had to tell her how beautiful she was. I used to have a pixie and it just never looked like that. I love the look of short hair, I just don't want to have it anymore. Does that make sense?
Yup, cos i am the same way. I loved my pixie & i see short hair all the time that i love but i just don't want it anymore. I wants looooong hair again! :p

christine1989
March 21st, 2011, 03:05 PM
I used to envy every cute, short pixie cut that came my way but now that I have had them all I'm over it. I don't think I've coveted a short haircut in over a year! :)

long&blonde
March 21st, 2011, 05:12 PM
Find myself admiring pixies so often. Have to stop and remind myself a pixie when you are built closer to Xena Princess Warrior, than a Pixie: makes a world of difference in how your pixie looks. That's brought me back to my senses: so far. But I definitely know the feeling; it's the super short cuts I envy too. Not the middle of the road short. On me, it would be one more reason I'd get the lovely "Is that a woman or a man" comments. Curves and all. But pixies do rock. (If you have the look to rock one.)

jujube
March 21st, 2011, 05:20 PM
Ha. Wanna feel short-hair envy? Go have a look at the early pics in my album. I was so pretty, I'm like jealous of myself.:cool:

sweet&sourkiwi
March 21st, 2011, 06:03 PM
Me too! But when I remember my pixie days...I PINED for long hair, envying ever girl who could sweep hers up and away while I grew mine out and it drove me nuts! Now I envy pixies here and there...but it's not the same as long-hair lust!

spidermom
March 21st, 2011, 06:06 PM
I liked my hair super short, but it doesn't look decent again until APL (it gets wide before it gets long). So no more super short hair for me; I don't want to go through that first 2-3 years of grow-out ever again.

long&blonde
March 21st, 2011, 07:05 PM
Jujube, I did go to your album and checked out your buzzcut photo. You are right: total hair envy moment. You can so totally rock the super short hair. (And I'm sure you're wearing your longer hair now just as well.)

RitaCeleste
March 21st, 2011, 07:23 PM
I tried short hair, it stuck up everywhere and had to be styled to death to be made into looking presentable. Can anyone say cowlick? The shortest I can have is shoulder length with long layers in back. I envy straight, short styles. Heck, I envy straight layered styles. I tell the hairdresser whatever I pick, it must remain "wash and go". They tell me how long I'll be styling the cut I want with the hair I've got. lol People always act like I should "do" something with my hair. Find a style that has some style to it. Not one of the them has approved of any of the styles I bought. I didn't like them either, so I give up. I will be long by default! No one has any better ideas.

Maverick494
March 22nd, 2011, 02:51 AM
I cut my hair into a pixie when I was 12/13. There was this ongoing wave of lice and I had long-ish hair at the time. The nit combing drove me crazy because every time I got rid of them I'd catch lice from someone else. So I went supershort (close to a buzz) and kept it into a pixie for a while. My mom was mortified:D A week later she loved it when she got used to it:D It was also the first time I had my eyebrows done because if I hadn't tamed those bushes I'd have looked like a boy. Kept it for a while because it was so easy, but like others I have unruly cowlicks and decided to grow again.

But now my best friend is rocking a pixie (she has a face like a young Catherine Zeta Jone) I'm green with envy once again. But I love my long hair too much to cut it:D