PDA

View Full Version : Thrifty Tips?

RitaCeleste
March 19th, 2011, 05:33 PM
I damaged my hair some with color and ended up on a spending spree trying to save my hair with products. I've sorted threw the products I found that worked well and helped. The cost of the products is higher than what I was buying. I liked the AO Honeysuckle Rose. I was following the directions and applying to dry hair to deep condition, then conditioning with it too. I didn't like the Organic Creations as a deep conditioner but I got 32ozs of it so I'm looking for a way to use it. I tried washing with the the Nourish Spa Conditioner, Conditioning with the Organic Creations extra rich conditioner with protein, applying a small amount of Honeysuckle Rose as a leave in and oiling with meadowfoam seed oil. Maybe I'll just skip the Nourish Spa wash step when I run out? Anyway, this will use up the bad conditioner and cut back on how much Honeysuckle Rose I end up using. Anybody have any thrifty tips to make the most of expensive products and stretch a dollar???

Kristin
March 19th, 2011, 05:39 PM
Use them for shaving. ;)

Firefox7275
March 19th, 2011, 06:30 PM
Use a leave-in conditioner because there is no waste - quite a few supposedly washout conditioners can be used this way. Dilute your shampoo before using. Any rubbish but expensive shampoos or conditioners use for coconut oil shampoo or SMT.

I have been using Gliss for years, some of the range gets a 9/10 rating in the LHC Reviews, and I buy them regularly in the pound shop (~ $1.50). Triple Nutrition I can find for £1.80 (~ $3) in a discounter. 500g coconut oil was £1.70 in the Asian section of my supermarket and is supposed to be great for coloured hair.