PDA

View Full Version : Cutest Hair Compliment From a Child

Honestwitness
March 19th, 2011, 12:49 PM
Yesterday, I was visiting my 2.5-year-old granddaughter, who *LOVES* horses. She has all kinds of stuffed animals, most of which are horses.

I was bending over her and fastening her high chair "seat belt" and my hair fell down in front of her. She reached up, stroked my hair, and said, "You have a pretty mane, Grandma."

I just loved that! I'm so happy that my hair is long enough to be considered like a horse's mane. And I'm ultra-proud of my precious little granddaughter. She's brilliant, in my book!

Also, she has never had a haircut in her life. Her hair and mine are both the same length, just a little past BSL.

Do you have any hair compliments from children you'd like to share?

ElusiveMuse
March 19th, 2011, 12:53 PM
That is so sweet :)

Firefox7275
March 19th, 2011, 01:04 PM
:cool: Looks like all the work you put into caring for your hair has paid off!

islandboo
March 19th, 2011, 01:16 PM
That is just darling - what a sweetie!

Carrie Ingalls
March 19th, 2011, 08:08 PM
Aww! That is adorable!

Perfect timing on this thread btw.

Today I went swimming at the pool, and when I arrived my hair was in a single braid down my back (not wet and in my swim cap yet). There was a little girl...maybe 4-5 years old...she saw my hair as she and her mom headed for the changing "rooms." I could still hear her as she kept saying "she has hair like upunzel. Mom, she has hair like upunzel" and "my hair is almost long." It was soo sweet! A little bit later as I headed for the shower to pre-soak my hair I saw the little girl, standing frozen,open mouthed, and wide eyed, staring at me...so I gave her a friendly smile and a quick little princess wave. Her expression never changed, and they were gone when I came out.

I swam every day this week and a number of young children commented to their mothers about my hair...I always think it is cute and very understandable that they are curious about it (since lets face it, it is a little unusual, especially at a pool), but most of the moms seem a little flustered by the inocent comments and questions and many flat out ingnore them (I think that is kinda sad).

But the "upunzel" comment was my favorite of the week! :)

GRU
March 19th, 2011, 08:29 PM
Kids are AWESOME!

A few months ago I was in a McDonald's with friends, and this little boy (maybe 4yo) was walking past with his grandfather, on their way to the bathrooms. The boy looked at me, said, "Your hair is AWESOME!" with an excited/awe-filled tone and kept on walking to the bathroom.

You couldn't have blasted the smile off my face with dynamite... because when it comes from a young child, you know that the comment is their completely truthful opinion/impression, with no judgment or ulterior motives. :crush:

CurlyCyndi
March 19th, 2011, 08:47 PM
My little niece lives 800 miles away so I have only seen her few times... I got on skype so i can virtually play with her (sing songs) and she was amazed at my hair. I don't have super long hair or anything but she loves it.. SO she has this doll that has a lot of hair... She named her Cyntala. She cant pronounce my name so when she tries she says Cyntala instead of Cynthia. It is the cutest thing ever that she would name a doll after me because of the dolls hair. :) <3 she is so cute

krissykins
March 19th, 2011, 10:45 PM
Aww, you have a mane! Precious! :D

@ Carrie, that is super awesome! You ARE upunzel ;)

skaempfer
March 19th, 2011, 11:09 PM
Not sure if this counts, but my daughter (14) blurted out the other day "Mom, your hair is so awesome!" I was pleasantly stunned, and I guess I looked it, because she added to clarify: "I mean, your hair does whatever it wants, and on you it looks goooood!"

As opposed to her own hair, I guess, which she is critical of at her age. Poor kid is still at the stage where she hasn't completely learned to go with her hair and quit fighting it. My hair won the battle aaaaages ago and now I do what it wants and not vice versa and everybody's happy.

Anyway, I was chuffed!:D

GRU
March 19th, 2011, 11:27 PM
I think that counts for DOUBLE, coming from a teen!

MindBeforeMouth
March 19th, 2011, 11:55 PM
I haven't got many comment on the length yet. But, many kids call me Areil because my hair is red. :)

MindBeforeMouth
March 19th, 2011, 11:55 PM
Aww! That is adorable!

Perfect timing on this thread btw.

Today I went swimming at the pool, and when I arrived my hair was in a single braid down my back (not wet and in my swim cap yet). There was a little girl...maybe 4-5 years old...she saw my hair as she and her mom headed for the changing "rooms." I could still hear her as she kept saying "she has hair like upunzel. Mom, she has hair like upunzel" and "my hair is almost long." It was soo sweet! A little bit later as I headed for the shower to pre-soak my hair I saw the little girl, standing frozen,open mouthed, and wide eyed, staring at me...so I gave her a friendly smile and a quick little princess wave. Her expression never changed, and they were gone when I came out.

I swam every day this week and a number of young children commented to their mothers about my hair...I always think it is cute and very understandable that they are curious about it (since lets face it, it is a little unusual, especially at a pool), but most of the moms seem a little flustered by the inocent comments and questions and many flat out ingnore them (I think that is kinda sad).

But the "upunzel" comment was my favorite of the week! :) I evny you soooo much your hair is to your ankles right?

PiroskaCicu
March 20th, 2011, 12:00 AM
Awww, that's so cute!!! :)

MindBeforeMouth
March 20th, 2011, 12:10 AM
Awww, that's so cute!!! :)
Have any kids given you a compliament before? :)

Robbi Dehlinger
March 20th, 2011, 12:41 AM
Kids can be brainless but sometimes you just wanna eat em up:)

Fufu
March 20th, 2011, 01:58 AM
Oh she's a darling, beautiful compliment.

princessp
March 20th, 2011, 10:28 AM
Oh that is so super sweet! :)

einna
March 20th, 2011, 11:02 AM
The comments here are so sweet, I just love to read them!
My own contribution is from over 10 years ago, when my cousin was about 3 years old.
I had BSL+ hair, and she asked me if I could cut her hair to be as long as mine. :)

dollface
April 1st, 2011, 07:18 PM
i keep my hair colored crazy colors and one day i was shopping for groceries and a little girl noticed my blue hair and said that i should be named "blueberry lady" since my hair was so blue. she was very excited about it and when i saw her again after going to a different part of the store she asked to touch it, her mom was mortified that she asked, but i let the little girl touch, after she felt it she was even more amazed and then promptly asked her mom for blue hair right there :p it cracked me up.

aurorabridge
April 1st, 2011, 08:19 PM
That is so precious. Love it!

BusyBeeMommy
April 1st, 2011, 08:39 PM
I know how I feel when my kids say cute, sweet things to me :) Can't wait to have hair worth commenting on!!

AnqeIicDemise
April 1st, 2011, 08:45 PM
When my eldest niece was a toddler, she'd come up and twirl my hair and go "I want hair made of silk too."

^-^ Ah.. kids. They make you want to laugh. They make you want to cry. They make you laugh AND cry at the same time.

dmarie63
June 10th, 2011, 09:29 PM
i keep my hair colored crazy colors and one day i was shopping for groceries and a little girl noticed my blue hair and said that i should be named "blueberry lady" since my hair was so blue. she was very excited about it and when i saw her again after going to a different part of the store she asked to touch it, her mom was mortified that she asked, but i let the little girl touch, after she felt it she was even more amazed and then promptly asked her mom for blue hair right there :p it cracked me up.

awww that's adorable! I have noticed that many kids describe colors in relation to foods that share the same colors lol

irishlady
June 10th, 2011, 10:14 PM
That's sweet :)

I haven't had one directly about my hair, but I was walking around in a supermarket and a little girl pointed at me and said to her mother "I want to look like her when I'm grown up."

IcarusBride
June 11th, 2011, 12:02 AM
A few years ago when my sister was still in pre-school, I told her I want to grow my hair to (point to mid-thigh) and and asked "When it gets that long, can I bring you in for show and tell?"

Slinks
June 11th, 2011, 12:45 AM
I don't have anything to share .. just want to say CUTE :-)

owlathena
June 11th, 2011, 01:02 AM
These stories are so cute!

AnnaJamila
June 11th, 2011, 01:25 AM
That is by far the cutest thing I've heard all week!!!

88Marisa
June 11th, 2011, 01:42 AM
One of my earlier memories (age 4?) was a lady at our church with almost floor length hair. She wore it down occasionally and I remember thinking on multiple occasions that it was beautiful and I wanted hair like that!

That was multiple decades ago, and I still have a clear picture in my mind of her standing in the foyer with her gorgeous hair.

angelmuffin
June 14th, 2011, 12:23 PM
We are expecting our first baby in December and it seems like kids flock to me right now... it's eerie but SO cute!

Was getting a pedicure with my mother-in-law for her birthday a couple of weeks ago and a little girl (no older than 4) came up to me and started petting my braid like she was in a trance, saying "it's so long" and "I can smell you" (it was freshly conditioned!). :D So adorable!

Eirelin
June 14th, 2011, 01:07 PM
So cute and sweet, all of them.

tinti
June 14th, 2011, 01:12 PM
Aww, that is so sweet! And you DO have a very pretty mane :)

catholicteacher
June 14th, 2011, 01:19 PM
The main reason I am a longhair is the memory of my grandmother brushing her beautiful, long white hair every night before bed. I would sit on the floor at the end of the hallway and watch her.
It made me sad that she would pin it up and wear a wig every day. (Another generation, I guess.)

jojo
June 14th, 2011, 01:33 PM
aww thats one sweet comment.

A few years back when I was bsl a little girl asked me if I was a princess because my hair looked like one she had seen in a book. I told her of course I was :) with a wink!

PianoPlaye
June 14th, 2011, 02:10 PM
Bless 'em all!
Gawd 'elp us, might I even possibly qualify as a role model if I make it to tailbone?! <scuttles off to research updos in more detail>

ashamanjababu
June 15th, 2011, 11:37 AM
Such sweet stories, all of them!

My daughter is only 1.5 years old, so she has a pretty small vocabulary, with no words for hair yet, but when we are sitting on the floor playing, sometimes she just stands behind me and strokes the end of my braid for a while. She also likes fluffing up my halo. Usually she's gentle and I just love it.

JellyBene
June 15th, 2011, 11:51 AM
That's sweet :)

I haven't had one directly about my hair, but I was walking around in a supermarket and a little girl pointed at me and said to her mother "I want to look like her when I'm grown up."

I had a similar experience, i was walking out of a movie theature and my hair was blowing in the wind and a little girl pointed at me and said "mommy, i want hair like that!" and because i do my own haircuts 9 i currently had front bangs and a few short layers) I told her mom how to do it and the little girl was so excited.

whitestiletto
June 25th, 2011, 03:59 AM
bump i want more cute stories

jennydaesy
June 25th, 2011, 04:01 AM
thats so sweet..

Aredhel77
June 25th, 2011, 04:47 AM
I have a new baby niece, Freya, who's just 7 weeks old. I don't live near my sister but I managed to visit a few days after she was born. The baby was at a point where she was just starting to open her eyes and look around a bit more, and as I held her for my first cuddle she reached out and grabbed hold of my hair and looked at me.

That's all the compliment I need :)

AshleyTheRed
June 25th, 2011, 05:01 AM
I might of already posted this, but my little cousin (who is five) said I had "Princess Leia" hair.

I'm a BIG star wars geek so this made my day! :D

sugar&nutmeg
June 25th, 2011, 05:46 AM
Hi! I'm new! I'm so glad this thread was revived, because I hadn't seen it as a lurker.

@honestwitness --what a lovely compliment! You do have a beautiful 'mane'.

Back when my hair was waist (sigh), I took my updo down in the Womens' room at church, to fix it. A friend's little girl was there. She was about four years old at the time, and her eyes grew huge. "Your hair is reeeally long," she whispered. "It's like...princess hair!"

I was well over 50 even then, so it'd been a while since I'd been called a princess! Dowager countess, maybe...