PDA

View Full Version : Have you got a cunning plan?

Rini
June 12th, 2008, 11:02 PM
(......to borrow a term from Blackadder....) :rolling:

With any worthwhile goal, it's always a good idea to have a plan. I'd like to hear your plan for your hair growth (if you have one).

Here's mine:
Part one of my "cunning plan" is complete and that was to rid myself of the henna and revert back to blonde.
Part two is also complete and that was to grow out my fringe.
Part three is to grow without a trim until around BSL. Until then, I plan on continuing to ignore my hair by wearing it up every day and concentrating on other things :o.
Part four is to start trimming the orange bits (leftover henna) gradually so that I remain at BSL for a little while. I think that would be a good length for trimming as it still goes up nicely in most upstyles, and will be enough length for it to not look so ugly when it's down (the weight should pull the curl more evenly and reduce the "pyramid head" syndrome). This part of the plan may take a year or so.
Part five is to continue on growing with minimal or no trims until I hit tailbone and maintain there until I can think of Part Six :eyebrows:Sounds like a plan to me ;)

Actually, I really think I should refer to this to keep me on track.

Am I way too focused on this or what???:disgust:

physicschick
June 12th, 2008, 11:04 PM
I don't have a cunning plan, but I love your thread title. :) Your plan sounds good. It's good to have goals, and the fact that you've already accomplished the first steps is an encouragement to us all!

MoldyCake
June 12th, 2008, 11:05 PM
I love Blackadder... I am much less like him than I am like his friend Flash though.

My plan includes running into the house looking in the mirror, cursing loudly, running back to my friends and family, announcing my return and my slow but proud progress.

Your plan is very focused, perfectly so.

EvaSimone
June 12th, 2008, 11:16 PM
Oooh what a fun thread for people like me, I love making lists! :D

1. Stop dying my hair and blow drying. Check
2. Grow to waist with minimal to no trims. Check
3. Do micro trims maintaining at waist until my hemline is nice.
4. Grow to tail bone.
5. Maintain at tail bone with trims until all of the dye is gone.
6. Maybe grow to classic?

Rini
June 12th, 2008, 11:19 PM
Ah, I should probably add this:

"Baldrick, you wouldnt know a cunning plan if it painted itself purple, and danced naked on a harpsichord singing 'cunning plans are here again'"

:lol:

But back to the topic........

GlennaGirl
June 13th, 2008, 12:14 AM
Hmm, maybe sort of a plan...I'll be henna-ing only the roots as they come in, which will give me gradually lighter on top/darker on bottom hair. I don't plan on cutting the darker (more henndigoed) parts off...I just want it all to blend.

My for-the-far-future plan is to have at least waist length, just-henna (no indigo and only one layer of henna) hair.

DecafJane
June 13th, 2008, 12:27 AM
"Baldrick, you wouldnt know a cunning plan if it painted itself purple, and danced naked on a harpsichord singing 'cunning plans are here again'"

I LOVE Blackadder!!!

And yes, I have a cunning plan!
I am growing my hair without trims until BSL (which should be in the first few months of next year), at which point I will take 1cm off every two months until most of the layers are gone. This way, it will still grow, but I will be rid of the layers after a year or so - best of both worlds. :D

Right now it is up the whole time, which I actually love anyway, as it involves hairtoys, protects the hair, and nobody has to know that it is full of layers from being grown out. :)
I, too, get "pyramid head" problems, and can't wait to get to BSL.

Riot Crrl
June 13th, 2008, 12:32 AM
My cunning plan is the opposite of yours.

1. Grow out henna over dye, until I have only henna over natural
2. ???
3. Profit!

Flaxen
June 13th, 2008, 12:43 AM
"I have a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel."

If my hair will get there, I'm going to grow to 39.5". Then I'm either going to stay there or trim back to 36" and stay there, in an effort to thicken up my hemline. I figure this will take the focus off the fact that I'm still trying to perfect a washing routine, and maybe, just maybe, I'll be able to string enough random occurances together to call it a plan.

Unless of course I change my mind, in which case I'm going to grow without any trimming, just to see how long my hair will get. :rolling:

j4zzin
June 13th, 2008, 12:57 AM
Oh, but I've had a cunning plan all along! *evil laugh*

So far it's been, "Well, I'll see how long it gets." But now I'm thinking:

1. Make it to tailbone without trims. (Should get there by Christmas at the absolute latest... by Halloween if I'm really lucky.)
2. Learn to trim my own hair to maintain a nice U-hemline and do tiny trims to sloooowly get rid of my ANCIENT bleached piece of hair (which I still like to color with my old manic panic sometimes.. hehe) and all the ultra-faded red and brown dyes on the bottom half of my hair... this phase might take some time (uhh... a few years), but at least my future tailbone length hair will only look more fabulous as time goes on.
3. Have virgin TB-length hair... maybe by my (far off) wedding day... *gets starry-eyed* Maybe we'll start the cycle again with, "We'll see how long it gets." from there.

Rococo
June 13th, 2008, 01:22 AM
Yes...
1. Stop blow-drying.
2. Do more hair treatments to cram moisture into my hair.
3. Grow to BSL.
4. Trim for a while.
5. Grow longer? Be happy? Not yet sure. :p

snowbear
June 13th, 2008, 01:25 AM
My cunning plan:

1. Grow to find terminal length or until I can't stand it, whichever comes first.
2. Trim when necessary

I think I have it easy! :lol:

rapunzhell13
June 13th, 2008, 01:34 AM
My plan is to grow to BSL and then trim all the layers and colour out. So my goal is blunt, virgin BSL hair. Am I cunning or what. :eyebrows: After that, who knows? I might grow further or maintain BSL. Anything shorter is just out of the question though! I'll also use this to refer back to, great idea Rini! :D

Pegasus Marsters
June 13th, 2008, 01:37 AM
But is your cunning plan as cunning as a fox who's just been made professor of cunning at Oxford University?

rapunzhell13
June 13th, 2008, 01:49 AM
But is your cunning plan as cunning as a fox who's just been made professor of cunning at Oxford University?

No. :( *Runs off crying*

:D

Saranne772
June 13th, 2008, 02:02 AM
Blackadder is AWESOME!! :)

Oh and I also have a sort of plan but I may not stick right to it.

I intent to grow to knee length and then keep trimming back until all my taper is gone whilst sticking at knee. Then once that is done I will possibly continue growing. While maybe cutting back occasionally.

However if my splits get too nightmarish I may have to cut back before knee. Hopefully not however.

chloeishere
June 13th, 2008, 02:16 AM
My plan is neither particularly cunning, nor particularly ambitious. But, dudes, I have a cat who is grand master of cunning, and so I have given up on out-cunning-ing her-- and by extension, everyone else.

1. Get to BSL, without trims. I don't think any more are going to be necessary for a while, and I'd REALLY optimistically like to get to BSL by my LHC anniversary, but I dunno if it'll happen.
2. Get to waist. Trim an inch either at waist, or at about an inch below waist. If I'm really optimistic, I'll maintain at waist until the layers are gone, but I don't know if I can be that patient, unless my ends are really just ghastly.
Then I'll hit hip (honestly, BSL, waist, and hip are only a few inches apart on me because I'm short), and if I haven't finished trimming out the layers, I'll do it then.

Get to tailbone with a lovely, thick, u-shaped hemline, and be happy. Trim out any remaining dye damage on the very ends of hair.

Throughout all of this, I intend to cassia as often as I can tolerate the smell.

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k152/chloeishere/000_0250c.jpg
She's plotting something cunning right now, I can tell.

morgwn
June 13th, 2008, 02:40 AM
Hrm, let's see.... I usually am one of the most organised people you'll meet when it comes to planning and I can't say I have a very precise one for my hair growth. :oops:

However, my not-so-organised plan is to get my hair down to just past waist-length (when dry and curly) and then trim it up to waist to even out the growth (my hemline's currently not very even and/or thick). Then I plan on growing it down to classic length, perhaps trimming a bit as I go rather than just doing S&D as I do now. And then after that... who knows? I may just maintain at classic or I may decide to go for my terminal length and see how much longer I can get!

lilalong
June 13th, 2008, 03:04 AM
My old plan was to
1. Improve the quality of my hair and grow as quickly to BSL as possible.
2. Maintain at BSL for a few months, doing trims.
3. Grow to waist slowly with lots of trims so I will have awesome hair, without layers, onece I reach waist.

But I have changed my mind a bit. My new plan is:

1. Stop obsessing about hair, treat it well and let it grow. ;)

rapunzhell13
June 13th, 2008, 03:21 AM
My old plan was to
1. Improve the quality of my hair and grow as quickly to BSL as possible.
2. Maintain at BSL for a few months, doing trims.
3. Grow to waist slowly with lots of trims so I will have awesome hair, without layers, onece I reach waist.

But I have changed my mind a bit. My new plan is:

1. Stop obsessing about hair, treat it well and let it grow. ;)

I really like your revised plan. :)

Finoriel
June 13th, 2008, 03:35 AM
My brand new, more or less cunning :wink: plan is:
- to maintain at fingertip for a while, to improve thickness of hemline.
- do not mess with current hair routine :p it works, so no need to change it.

jel
June 13th, 2008, 03:38 AM

Argh, I wanted to say that! *pouts*

My cunning plan:

1. Let it grow

2. Enjoy

aney
June 13th, 2008, 04:04 AM
Yeah I wanted to use that one too... my favourite!

Anyway... my hair goals:
1. get to APL and get a haircut that doesn't look too awful
2. get to BSL and get a haircut that doesn't look too awful
3. maintain at BSL until the red dye is gone
4. grow to waist
5. maintain at waist

FrannyG
June 13th, 2008, 05:57 AM
Well, my plan is as cunning as a fox that used to be professor of cunning at Oxford University, but has moved on, and is now working for the UN at the high commission of international cunning planning!!! :)

1. Grow out bangs. Done
2. Remove brown dye and get my preferred blonde shade back. Done
3. Cut off ensuing damage, along with last of the face framing layers. Done
4. Grow to BSL by the end of 2008, while trimming 1/2 inch every 3 months to keep ends looking neat. Totally doable.
5. Grow to waist length by the end of summer 2009, still trimming 1/2 inch off quarterly. Doable.
6. Hip length by the end of 2009. Doable.
7. Evaluate thickness of the ends and maintain at hip for a while, if necessary.
8. Grow to tailbone at some point in 2010, if Nature allows.

Tabitha
June 13th, 2008, 06:08 AM
My cunning plan had been to grow untrimmed until I reached waist unstraightened, to see if it suited me, and then to reassess. That part has been slightly hijacked by tangling issues in recent weeks so I've given in and booked a trim for tomorrow, which may turn out to be more than a trim as my bottom layers are looking a bit straggly and it might be time to chop 'em off for a slightly blunter hemline, while keeping an overall layered look.

Colour-wise, I haven't had any lowlights since before Christmas and I'm currently growing them out until my face is surrounded by natural hair. Then I'll reassess how the increasing numbers of silvers are making it look, whether it looks fine untouched or whether I should start having hi/lowlights again, but perhaps not as dark/warm (harsh on the features/skintone as I get older, an' all that).

Put that way, it doesn't sound terribly cunning ... Baldrick would be disappointed in me. :o

Lamb
June 13th, 2008, 06:11 AM
Am I way too focused on this or what???:disgust:

:rollin: I think you are in good company! :rollin:

So, my cunning plan with which I hope to grow to waist (curly) by the end of 2010 or 2011:
1) Stop torturing my hair with too frequent washes and experiments - benign neglect is the way to go!
2) Grow out my fringe - yet again... :rolleyes:
3) Stop being so critical about my hair and accept that it is fine, unruly, and no amount of leave-ins and combing will make it otherwise. It is indomitable!!! :taz:
4) Make friends with head covering, be it a kerchief, a shawl, a hat against dazzling sunshine, high wind, and cold.

5) Get serious about stress management, exercise, and a good (well, better) diet. No amount of external care will make up for the lack of these.

That's it, I guess...

blue_nant
June 13th, 2008, 06:13 AM
Ha Ha! Cunning plan! I knew just looking at the title that I had none. Tee hee

No, my main plan since I was 8 was to get it long. Of course I derailed for a few years during the perm ...

I want the hair to grow and grow and grow til it reaches my ankles. Maybe further, who knows. For some reason I am somewhat fixated on length ... because I always (see above) have been.

I'm quite near knee (Nee) and have a serious taper, but I'm addicted to the length (do we have a geek smilie?), so I'll go there first. That will probably take a few years, sigh. OK, realistically I could say, well that's only 16 inches, and that's a year and a half, but I don't grow consistently. I had to stop measuring because it was dismaying. No, no, I couldn't be too anxious for fast growth! Nah! :rolleyes:

At ankle I'll accelerate from my somewhat-annual microtrims and hopefully, gain a thicker hemline over time.

So is that a plan?

I'll be the only one who knows about my taper, yeah except for y'all, since I wear it in a braid and/or Up ... and no one I know IRL seems to be interested.

I'd love a mane w/o taper ... I've always had a taper ... Don't know where to go with that.

Curlsgirl
June 13th, 2008, 06:23 AM
I like this!

1) grow out bangs to chin length and then reevaluate
2) grow to waist with very minimal trims
3) wear up as much as possible to protect
4) keep it moisturized, I have found that is the KEY to my hair success
5) when to waist stretched which should be about 4 months away start going for waist curly which will be close to another year :rolleyes: then perhaps go to terminal which I doubt will be much longer than that. Since I color I don't want unhealthy so would rather be shorter if I have to rather than that.

Oh and stop telling anyone except here about my hair goals because I just get that disapproving or deerintheheadlights look :mad:

bex487
June 13th, 2008, 07:02 AM
I definitely have a cunning plan!

*Stop dying hair (check)
*Eventually grow out all dyed bits
*Grow hair to BSL length
*Stop cutting it so short! I'm never happy with short hair after a couple months
*Keep heat styling to a minimum (check)
*Keep up with brushing

crystal_89
June 13th, 2008, 07:06 AM
Ahh... plans, goals... I've had a few of these since APL and they keep changing.

nehoos...

1) grow my longest layer to tailbone length without trims or with minimal trims
2) grow out my brown hairdye (my hair looks like a black bob with brown mullet extensions hahaha)
3) straighten my hair less... down from 3/4 times a week to no more than twice a month. or less.

harley mama
June 13th, 2008, 07:09 AM
Cunning plan???

part 1. grow hair

part 2. grow more hair.

I have been hair lazy lately and am still in denial about needing a big trim.

This is a cute thread!

Nightshade
June 13th, 2008, 07:17 AM
http://my.voyager.net/%7Egwta/images/birds/cunning%20plan.jpg

http://www.dev-elements.net/images/mario-brothers-cunning-plan.jpg

I always loved those. :)

My cunning plan:

To Reach Tailbone- DONE
To maintain tailbone and grow out my old dye (about 8-10in left)
To maintain at tailbone and grow out my old henna mix so it's all lighter and more coppery (should take about 4 years)
To realize I'm going gray and come up with a new cunning plan to let that grow in while maintaining henna on the brown bits.
To contemplate growing to fingertip throughout all this
To die that crazy cat woman with the long silver hair.

Lixie
June 13th, 2008, 07:29 AM
1. Leave those scissors alone
2. Get to classic
3. Enjoy!

burns_erin
June 13th, 2008, 08:09 AM
1. Grow out the vicious stacked BOB (ie-stop listening to what other people tell me is "professional".
2. Henna more consistently and be more realistic about when it is time to go roots only.
3. Get to BSL and decide if the layers need to get cut out.
4. Pay attention to the ends and moisture at this level-as this is where I usually fall apart.
5. Hit waist level and hide the scissors-as this is where I chopped it off the longest it had been since I was in 8th grade.
6. Classic length-as this is the longest my hair has ever been.
7. Maintenance trims every time I get four inches past Classic-so I can go in and ask for a trim and likely still walk out with Classic.

spidermom
June 13th, 2008, 08:26 AM
My plan is to get a small trim every 3 months (or so) to keep the hem thick (ish) and even.

Anje
June 13th, 2008, 08:34 AM
My plan is not particularly cunning, nor well-thought out...

1. Reach tailbone.
2. When ends are tolerably thick, continue growing.
3. If hair in butt is too annoying, maintain tailbone.
4. Repeat steps 2-3 as necessary.

paper
June 13th, 2008, 08:37 AM
1) My next trim, around July 1st, I will get the last of my layers cut off the back. Theres about an inch left, I can't wait for that.

2) I still will have layers on the sides. I will keep my hair at shoulder length while trimming off rest of the layers.

3) After getting my hair 1 length, my plan is to let it grow to BSL or longer we will see, :)

ladystar
June 13th, 2008, 09:02 AM
1. Reach waist (almost there)
2. Goal classic!
3. Grow out died hair (many years from now)
4. Keep doing hair treatments

Loviatar
June 13th, 2008, 09:09 AM
My plan is so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. It may even be as cunning as a fox who's just been made Professor of Cunning at Oxford University. (I think those are my favourite quotes.)

Phase 1: Stop dyeing. (check) Return to CO and go as conefree as possible for now.

Phase 2: Grow out 2-3 inches of my natural colour, while babying the damaged ends. Self trimming will follow the 'thickening' dates on Morrocco Method's calendar.

Phase 3: 'Blend' the natural shade in with the dyed brown length if possible with one single semi permanent. (This may not be necessary, but I'm keeping my options open just in case.)

Phase 4: Maintain at BSL with u-shape hem until all the darker brown damage is cut out. Use coffee and tea rinses to add shine and volume to my natural colour (horsetail tea, rosemary, clove oil, nettle tea.)

Phase 6: Grow to waist and see if I want it to get any longer.

Nice idea for a thread, Rini!

jojo
June 13th, 2008, 09:17 AM
My plan is;

1) no more dye-Ive achieved this my hair is all virgin
2) micro trim every month, to thicken ends and prevent potential split ends
3) deep condition once a week and herbal rinses with every wash.
4) First goal grow to full BSL-3" to go hopefully October time!
5) grow to waist-6" to go, June 09 maybe?
6) to grow to my real goal of classic length-16" to go!! 2011 yikes thats ages off!

All the above include air drying my hair, with the odd blow dry. To continue using cone/sulfate free products. I would also like to try cassia for its conditioning properties. If by any chance my hair is too difficult or looks ratty, I shall cut back to hip or waist length which ever I find more easy.

MeganS
June 13th, 2008, 09:25 AM
I don't have a cunning plan, but I do have a punning clan! :D

Seriously:
* Decide what length I want to keep my hair: BSL at the shortest, waist at the longest. I don't know!
* Find a routine and settle down with it, rather than flitting from exp-hairi-ment to exp-hairi-ment.
* Learn to create updos more ambitious than, "Hey, look, another folded braid!"

akka naeda
June 13th, 2008, 09:56 AM
My plan is....
1 - microtrims to see if my ends thicken up.

2 - see if my hair will get to my ankles for once in my life and still look reasonably good (I am permitted to decide that's too long and unmanageable for me at any point)

3 - all the while I will be considering how I am going to deal with the increasing number of white hairs I am getting and the fact that henna makes them orange while I want them white.

Islandgrrl
June 13th, 2008, 11:00 AM
Alright, hands up! I have a plan and I'm willing to use it! <snap back to reality - what was I thinking?>

1. Trim next birthday, whether I need or not - just 1/2 to 1 inch (11 months from now)
2. SMT once a week & oil hair as needed to keep it soft. (in progress and working)
3. Relinquish henna for 6 months to see if I can live with the greys. (this is the dicey part)
4. Wear my hair up for a year (I've got a little less than 6 months left).
5. Re-evaluate the plan in 6 months.

My goal is to make back to knee length with healthy hennaed or unhennaed hair (whichever way that decision goes). Adjustments to the plan, I'm sure, will be forthcoming!

florenonite
June 13th, 2008, 11:24 AM
I had to see what this thread was about when I saw the title.

"... I have a cunning plan ..."

1. Grow to waist length, then proceed to gradually trim layers. Why waist? Because my hair's thick so even now, when I'm just scraping BSL, my cinnabun still has no cinnamon and looks pretty pathetic. I might change my mind in the fall, depending on how much I grow over the summer.

2. Get to hip length, and maintain there. Possibly go further.

On second thought, this looks a bit like one of Baldrick's plans, doesn't it? Oh dear...

Oberon88
June 13th, 2008, 01:04 PM
1. Get rid of horrible too many layers haircut from 2006 DONE
2. Grow to BSL Done
3. Somehow make hair thicker and find good washing routine
3.5 Stop drinking so much soda
4. Grow to Waist
5. Grow to Hip
6. Maintain at hip

Dianyla
June 13th, 2008, 01:14 PM
No plan, just cunning. :twisted:

Blackadder! :heartbeat

Ohio Sky
June 13th, 2008, 05:18 PM

2. ???
3. Profit!

If only underpants would turn a profit!!

My cunning plan:

Step 1: Develop cunning plan.
Step 2: Put cunning plan into action.
Step 3: Benefit from cunning plan.

And then Ill be happy!

But seriously. My goal is to grow my hair and enjoy it, whether that means dying, henna, wearing up or down... whatever will allow me to enjoy it.

GlassEyes
June 13th, 2008, 05:42 PM
Not sure if it's 'cunning'...

1. Grow out until my roots are longer than the dyed length of my hair, and do a major chop.

2. Grow from there. xD

GlassEyes
June 13th, 2008, 05:44 PM
If only underpants would turn a profit!!

My cunning plan:

Step 1: Develop cunning plan.
Step 2: Put cunning plan into action.
Step 3: Benefit from cunning plan.

And then Ill be happy!
XD Awesome.

orangeeyecrayon
June 13th, 2008, 06:21 PM
oh i like this thread

1. cut out all old dyed hair through trims once every three months (this will be done after my next trim!)
2. Grow hair to BSL
3. Grow out bangs and maintain BSL
4. Maybe grow my hair longer?! who knows

EdG
June 13th, 2008, 07:02 PM

2. ???
3. Profit!I had a similar thought when I read the title of this thread.

Let me explain the reference: this is a common joke on Slashdot (http://www.slashdot.com). The first step is some company's business plan, the second step is unknown, and the third step is "profit!" The joke is that no-one can figure out the second step needed to turn the business plan into profit! :D

My cunning plan is to render barbers obsolete. :evil:

Ed

tiny_teesha
June 13th, 2008, 07:15 PM
My cunning plan was first to stop blow drying and the usual evil culprits, so one by one i stopped my old habbits and stoped useing chemical dyes. A year later my regrowth was so aweful i dyed it once more to match. That was January 2007.
Then my goal was to GROW no matter what, but the damage i had i didn't realise was so severe, so i stayed from above APL to BSL for 1 year, when it really would have taken me about 6 months, and the next year i stayed at BSL area even though i reached waist i had to trim it back from thin ends.
Now i am at waist and maintaning, i used henna over the chemical damage to help save it a bit, as i am still growing out damage, only the past year and a half of regrowth has no chemical colour on it. I plan to grow out to natural.

My new goals are:
-maintain hair at waist (trim 1cm monthly) until october when my "wear hair up for a year" challenge is over and then think about how short i need to cut it for the bulk to reach (likely around BSL again or between BSL to waist)
- continue to grow with trims as neccessary until you reach tailbone.
- once you reach tailbone maintain until it is 100&#37; virgin hair and decide if you want to shoot for knee. Tailbone was my first goal but then i wanted knee- knee is to daunting(far away) so i reset my goal back up to tailbone, with my ii quickly tapering hair i'm not sure i can pull it off but with virgin hair i may have a chance- i also feel my terminal length is at around classic. We will see.

There is my plan. :)

Riot Crrl
June 13th, 2008, 07:28 PM
I had a similar thought when I read the title of this thread.

Let me explain the reference: this is a common joke on Slashdot (http://www.slashdot.com). The first step is some company's business plan, the second step is unknown, and the third step is "profit!" The joke is that no-one can figure out the second step needed to turn the business plan into profit! :D

My cunning plan is to render barbers obsolete. :evil:

Ed

I believe it originated from the Underpants Thieves episode of South Park.

1. Steal underpants
2. ???
3. Profit!

Morag
June 13th, 2008, 07:28 PM
I am growing my hair without trims until BSL (which should be in the first few months of next year), at which point I will take 1cm off every two months until most of the layers are gone. This way, it will still grow, but I will be rid of the layers after a year or so - best of both worlds. :D

DecafJane, you have appropriated my own cunning plan! What's your length now? Can we be hair plan buddies?

Morag
June 13th, 2008, 07:30 PM
My plan is not particularly cunning, nor well-thought out...

1. Reach tailbone.
2. When ends are tolerably thick, continue growing.
3. If hair in butt is too annoying, maintain tailbone.
4. Repeat steps 2-3 as necessary.

LOL! ROFL! :rollin:

Again, something I had not thought of, but now I know what to do. Thank, Anje!

EdG
June 13th, 2008, 07:35 PM
I believe it originated from the Underpants Thieves episode of South Park.

1. Steal underpants
2. ???
3. Profit!Interesting! Wikipedia agrees http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Underpants_Gnomes

I've read this joke hundreds of times on Slashdot! :)
Ed

Joliebaby
June 14th, 2008, 06:10 AM
My plan is not to plan too much.

But still, if I have to be secretly planning a bit:

- Grow from pixie to shoulders -DONE
- Grow out dark hair dye -DONE
- Not get sucked back into dependence on hair colors -DOING
- Enjoy my hair at every stage -DOING
- Not spend unreasonable amounts of money on tons of products -DONE and DOING
- Learn more updo's and styles and actually do them
- Let it grow trimming only what is necessary
- Eat healthy and take supplements
- Accept that I can't be every beautiful hair color in the world, I have to be my beautiful color.

Naluin
June 14th, 2008, 07:40 AM
Well, it's not particularly cunning, but I do have a plan. It's very similar to the Underpants Gnome plan, but with more steps. :rolleyes:

Cut off all damaged hair in one go. Done.
Treat hair nicely while I get reacquainted with my hair. Doing.
Leave off doing any irreversible changes to my hair for at least one year after big chop. Doing.
Decide on irreversible change. Adjust hair care plan accordingly.
Reach waist length before tentative wedding date. (January of 2011)

Periwinkle
June 14th, 2008, 07:58 AM
<3 Blackadder :)

My cunning plan:

1. Allow hair to grow until September. Attempt first self trim, to hopefully get rid of at least some of the layering (I have one layer in my hair, about an inch or two from the ends, and it makes it look as if my hair has MASSIVE taper).

2. Grow first to definite BSL (my hair is sort of there-ish, but I want it to always cover the strap) and then to waist or hip, depending on how I feel.

3. Maintain at waist/hip until all hair is nice and pretty and wonderful. Possibly attempt to grow out my face-framing layers (most of my hair is now sort-of-BSL, and the shortest layers are at above shoulder).

4. Continue to grow longer, if nature allows. Goal of classic or fingertip-length depending on nature, damage, taper and convenience.

wintersun99
June 14th, 2008, 12:55 PM

30isthenewblack
June 14th, 2008, 05:19 PM
My plan:

1. Continue to take my Figaro Hair Food every day.
2. Put oil on the ends of my hair (I have been experimenting with coconut oil, jojoba oil & shea butter & think my hair prefers jojoba oil)
3. Put Dakerine cream on my hair every night (I've only been using it for two weeks but my hair grew 0.5 inches in that time)
4. Bought a satin pillow to sleep on.
5. Continue my c/o routine & put a treatment in my hair every weekend.
6. Put my hair up everyday at work to minimise damage & keep it out of harm's way.
7. My goal for December 2008 was 28.5 inches. My hair is already 26 inches in June so I'm well on the way to achieving & perhaps surpassing that goal. That should make my hair BSL curly. It is already BSL straight.
8. Re-do my re-growth every six months with toners inbetween if needed.
9. My goal for June 2009 is 31 inches as that is including microtrims & that should make my hair waist when it is straight (confusing isn't it!).

When I reach waist straight, I will decide whether I want to let the layers grow out a bit as the first layer is currently only ten centimetres past my chin or whether I will keep on growing my hair. My priorities are health & quality of curls before length. If I find that I am losing my curls at a certain length, I will keep it at a shorter length. My goals are quite moderate so I will be thrilled if I am BSL curly & my hair looks thick & healthy.

Alley Cat
June 14th, 2008, 05:59 PM
My only cunning plan at the present is to continue lightening my hair after a colour that went wrong. :shrug:
I wish I had some more plans but alas I don't know what else I want to do at present my hair goals are in no mans land. :confused:

Teresa9000
June 14th, 2008, 06:06 PM
My plan is still in the works, as I read and learn more on the forums:

1. Stop heat styling/blow drying. CHECK (Easy one. The "cool" button on my blowfryer is stuck pushed in now, so there is no heat. hehe)
2. Perform S&D maintenance regularly.
3. Use more oils and leave-in treatments overnight, sleep in a braid to avoid damage.
4. Wear hair up more often to avoid damage.
5. Resist the urge to chop it off!!!!!!!!!!!
6. Only go in for trims to even out the hemline.
7. Try to keep it as thick, non-lanky, and healthy as possible until I've reached my goal length, and then see if I can go longer.

busnutmedic
June 14th, 2008, 07:30 PM
Ahhh..I don't have a cunning plan. Other than to avoid scissors the next few days because I'm way too tempted.

Actually, now that I think of it, I'm going to try to be massaging at least every other night and wash every two days (more often than now). I'm going to try to do something about this silly thinning-ness!!!! Arg. Yes, I am!

Bonnie

Rini
August 29th, 2008, 11:38 PM
Part one of my "cunning plan" is complete and that was to rid myself of the henna and revert back to blonde.
Part two is also complete and that was to grow out my fringe.
Part three is to grow without a trim until around BSL. Until then, I plan on continuing to ignore my hair by wearing it up every day and concentrating on other things :o.
Part four is to start trimming the orange bits (leftover henna) gradually so that I remain at BSL for a little while. I think that would be a good length for trimming as it still goes up nicely in most upstyles, and will be enough length for it to not look so ugly when it's down (the weight should pull the curl more evenly and reduce the "pyramid head" syndrome). This part of the plan may take a year or so.
Part five is to continue on growing with minimal or no trims until I hit tailbone and maintain there until I can think of Part Six :eyebrows:Sounds like a plan to me ;)

Actually, I really think I should refer to this to keep me on track.

Right, well I have looked at this plan again and am thinking of maybe changing step 3 slightly. I am considering small regular microtrims (after much wisdom and help from the lovely Franny). So step 3 will be amended to: Part three is to grow with regular small micro-trims until around BSL. Throughout this, I plan on continuing to ignore my hair by wearing it up every day and concentrating on other things :o.

How is everyone else's plans coming along?

Wanderer09
August 30th, 2008, 12:01 AM
1. Grow to at least waist-length.

2. Maintain that for a while, with regular trims to get rid of layers.

3. Once my hair is all one length, keep it that way for a while to see if I like it. If not, cut some longer layers.

4. Grow to classic? Hmm...

AlleyKitten
August 30th, 2008, 12:57 AM
In short, my cunning plan is "stay the hell away from hairdressers!" after a disastrous three-inch so-called trim in January. In long, I guess it involves coconut oil, lots of conditioner, more updos, and microtrims by my boyfriend. My schedule, if it can be called that, is tailbone between Thanksgiving and Christmas, and classic by my birthday next August. Now let's hope my hair cooperates, or I won't look very cunning at all.

I'm pretty much growing to terminal, so I'm not planning on much in the way of trimming or maintaining, unless my ends thin out at some point -- I'm very fond of my thick, blunt hemline, so I'll probably choose that over length.

pixiegirl
August 30th, 2008, 01:03 AM
My plan is never to listen to other people again when they tell me I'd look good with short hair.

30isthenewblack
August 30th, 2008, 02:12 AM
My plan:

1. Continue to take my Figaro Hair Food every day.
2. Put oil on the ends of my hair (I have been experimenting with coconut oil, jojoba oil & shea butter & think my hair prefers jojoba oil)
3. Put Dakerine cream on my hair every night (I've only been using it for two weeks but my hair grew 0.5 inches in that time)
4. Bought a satin pillow to sleep on.
5. Continue my c/o routine & put a treatment in my hair every weekend.
6. Put my hair up everyday at work to minimise damage & keep it out of harm's way.
7. My goal for December 2008 was 28.5 inches. My hair is already 26 inches in June so I'm well on the way to achieving & perhaps surpassing that goal. That should make my hair BSL curly. It is already BSL straight.
8. Re-do my re-growth every six months with toners in between if needed.
9. My goal for June 2009 is 31 inches as that is including microtrims & that should make my hair waist when it is straight (confusing isn't it!).

Good idea to revive this thread. Ok, this is how I am travelling:

1. I am still taking Figaro Hair Food pills but I have also started taking QSillica as well which seems to be working extremely well.
2. After experimentation, I have come to the conclusion that my hair doesn't like any type of oil. In fact, it seems to traumatise the ends. Basically, if it ain't broke, don't fix it!
3. I am still using the Daktarin cream every second or third night. My friend is in the US at the moment so I might ask him to buy Monistat for me.
4. The satin pillow is going well.
5. I am still c/o but use shampoo occasionally. I haven't been putting a treatment in my hair every week but I was going to try SMT tomorrow. I just happened to find some aloe vera at home.
6. Suprisingly, I have been very good at putting my hair up at work almost every day. I don't like my hair back but I am trying to think that it is short term loss for long term gain.
7. I measured my hair today and it is 27.2". My hair seems to be growing at least .5" per month and my hair grows longer in summer so my growth will be at least 28.5" by the end of the year: October 1 - 27.5", November 1 - 28" and December 1 - 28.5" and January 1 - 29". This includes one microtrim.
8. I will hold off until 6 months to get my regrowth done.
9. I did not mention this originally but I plan to do microtrims every three to four months. First one is tomorrow.
10. Downwards onto waist curly!

Niphredil
August 30th, 2008, 05:19 AM
nope.....

Well, I do make plans, but I never seem to be able to keep to them :oops:

FrannyG
August 30th, 2008, 07:04 AM
Well, my plan is as cunning as a fox that used to be professor of cunning at Oxford University, but has moved on, and is now working for the UN at the high commission of international cunning planning!!! :)
1. Grow out bangs. Done
2. Remove brown dye and get my preferred blonde shade back. Done
3. Cut off ensuing damage, along with last of the face framing layers. Done
4. Grow to BSL by the end of 2008, while trimming 1/2 inch every 3 months to keep ends looking neat. Totally doable.
5. Grow to waist length by the end of summer 2009, still trimming 1/2 inch off quarterly. Doable.
6. Hip length by the end of 2009. Doable.
7. Evaluate thickness of the ends and maintain at hip for a while, if necessary.
8. Grow to tailbone at some point in 2010, if Nature allows.

Number 1 on my cunning plan list has been revised, as I have decided to go with bangs again. :p What can I say? :shrug: I've realized that I'm a bangs person. :)

So far, the rest of the cunning plan is going very well. :hollie:

Naluin
August 30th, 2008, 07:25 AM
Well, it's not particularly cunning, but I do have a plan. It's very similar to the Underpants Gnome plan, but with more steps. :rolleyes:

Leave off doing any irreversible changes to my hair for at least one year after big chop. Doing.
Decide on irreversible change. Adjust hair care plan accordingly.
Reach waist length before tentative wedding date. (January of 2011)

My cunning plan is proceeding apace. Updated cunning plan:

Leave off doing any irreversible changes to my hair for at least one year after big chop. Done.
Experiment with Monistat and coffee for increased growth.
At year's end, henna.
Treat hair nicely. Grow to waist by Jan 2011. Though, due to curl pattern hair will probably only be waist when straightened, but that's ok.

jel
August 30th, 2008, 07:46 AM
My cunning plan:

1. Let it grow

2. Enjoy

My plan seems to be working! I've just recently noticed (in time for my 3-year LHC anniversary) that I'm only a few (about 3-4) inches away from my ultimate goal. :D :D :D

Just growing, without trimming (but S&D occasionally) and pampering my hair.