PDA

View Full Version : Mega flexi ???

UltraBella
March 18th, 2011, 08:21 AM
So, I know most here adore flexi-8s, and thanks to MandyBeth I do own two medium flexis that she was kind enough to send me, bless her heart. However, I just use them to pull back a very small amount of hair.
So, I just ordered a mega flexi !!!! Am I nuts ? Does anyone have one of these giants ? If so, what type of style are you using it for ???

Sundial
March 18th, 2011, 09:38 AM
I have 4 of those! ;) LOVE them! I use them mostly for LWBs. Cinnamon buns work too but the weight of the mega seems to make the Flexi tilt 1 side and make my bun feel like it's slipping out when it isn't.

Enjoy your Flexi! ;)

ETA: check the Flexi thread for more style ideas. I have a problem with most buns because of my length+layers+thickness so LWB is my go-to bun

Darkhorse1
March 18th, 2011, 09:42 AM
I know Igor got some mega flexi's. For me, a large is good enough for my hair amount and styles. :D I just got my 3 flexi's this week and am enjoying--extra small for half ups, medium for ponytails and other styles and the large for double folded braids, etc.

Ahh, enablers here :D

UltraBella
March 18th, 2011, 11:02 AM
I have 4 of those! ;) LOVE them! I use them mostly for LWBs. Cinnamon buns work too but the weight of the mega seems to make the Flexi tilt 1 side and make my bun feel like it's slipping out when it isn't.

Enjoy your Flexi! ;)

ETA: check the Flexi thread for more style ideas. I have a problem with most buns because of my length+layers+thickness so LWB is my go-to bun

I am bun illiterate. I have no idea what an LWB bun is !!!

pepperminttea
March 18th, 2011, 02:56 PM
I am bun illiterate. I have no idea what an LWB bun is !!!

Lazy wrap bun (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTt771qkO24). :)

UltraBella
March 18th, 2011, 04:35 PM
Ah, thank you so much, pepperminttea ! I have been here at LHC 10 months, how did I miss that ?!?!

Darkhorse1
March 18th, 2011, 05:34 PM
Don't worry Ultra Belle--I've been here a few years and am still learning all the terms :D And I still can't figure out how to do a french twist to save my life :D

Sundial
March 19th, 2011, 07:10 AM
Sorry UltraBella :o My bad! I shouldn't have used abbreviations :flower: In any case, use the sliding pin of the Flexi8 as you would a normal hairstick for most bun styles and it will hold like a rock ;)

HairStickler
March 19th, 2011, 11:33 PM
UltraBella, I have a mega flexi and I use it for buns (cinnamon bun or lazy wrap bun so far). It holds great!

mwedzi
March 20th, 2011, 12:05 AM
Is Mega the same as XXL? I have one of those. I don't wear it often. In truth, I haven't been wearing flexis much lately at all. Picture of the XXL below.

http://images9.fotki.com/v120/photos/7/1197897/8344002/volcanocomparison-vi.jpg

Sundial
March 20th, 2011, 12:45 AM
mwedzi it is the same as the XXL and that visual comparison is cute :o I've always admired the way those bright hair toys look in your updos though!

PrincessBob
March 20th, 2011, 05:59 AM
I finally have the knack figured out for my regular xl.. must use it for nautilus and the like, but to small for much else.

I want a mega... eventually...

cantom03
March 20th, 2011, 08:54 AM
UltraBella, I just got mine in the mail a few days ago and I love it for a cinnabun.http://www.flickr.com/photos/60208732@N06/5543221936/
Also you give me serious hair envy...yours is lovely! I think you would get alot of use from the mega, good luck!

UltraBella
March 20th, 2011, 12:23 PM
I am so excited for it to get here !! Thanks for the great links, I must practice !!

enfys
March 20th, 2011, 12:27 PM
I finally have the knack figured out for my regular xl.. must use it for nautilus and the like, but to small for much else.

I want a mega... eventually...

Same here. I can hold the centre of a bun and restrain the rest against itself and the flexi.

mwedzi
March 21st, 2011, 08:42 AM
mwedzi it is the same as the XXL and that visual comparison is cute :o I've always admired the way those bright hair toys look in your updos though!

Thank you. ;)

Shermie Girl
March 21st, 2011, 08:47 PM
Is Mega the same as XXL? I have one of those. I don't wear it often. In truth, I haven't been wearing flexis much lately at all. Picture of the XXL below.

http://images9.fotki.com/v120/photos/7/1197897/8344002/volcanocomparison-vi.jpg

Bwahahahaha! That is too funny. :rollin: