PDA

View Full Version : Wind in my hair...

rena
March 18th, 2011, 02:51 AM
...But not in a good way. Anyone else's hair go to "the bad place" in a handbasket and back after being outside?

I left this morning with smooth, soft hair that layed down. It got wind swept quite a bit, and when I came back home, it was super frizzy, flyaway, and super dry/not so soft anymore. I couldn't even finger comb it back into submission. I guess its having a harder time holding onto its moisture than I first thought...Its as if the wind blew it all right out of my hair...

Its short enough that I cannot style it protectively, but I may have to find something like hat or scarf to wear from now on :(.

luxepiggy
March 18th, 2011, 02:57 AM
It was super windy today and my hair was all over the place - I felt some of it blowing straight up towards the sky!

Can you get your hair into a French or Dutch braid? (^(oo)^)

rena
March 18th, 2011, 03:01 AM
It was super windy today and my hair was all over the place - I felt some of it blowing straight up towards the sky!

Can you get your hair into a French or Dutch braid? (^(oo)^)

I don't think so. :(

Nessie_
March 18th, 2011, 03:41 AM
I get this too sometimes. If your hair is too short for protective styles, maybe you could get a nice beret or cap to protect your hair? :)

luxepiggy
March 18th, 2011, 03:44 AM
I don't think so. :(

Sounds like maybe the scarf option will work best then - I recommend a silk one, of course (^(oo)^)

anodyne_ame
March 18th, 2011, 03:57 AM
I recommend the cap or beret. When it's windy, at the very least I pull up the hood of my jacket. If I'm wearing sticks or a larger updo, I have a big beret-looking hat (I think it's wool, knitted in a very lace-looking style) that's quite light and loose so it doesn't flatten the updo.

I totally sympathise with you, if it's windy and I have a loose updo (even a ponytail will do) and don't cover it, the wind will blow it into a cloud of poofyness in an instant :/