PDA

View Full Version : So much improvement since joining LHC

themostsilly
June 12th, 2008, 10:33 PM
I am proud to say my hair has improved a lot since joining LHC just a couple of month ago. One really big thing for me, is it is looking and feeling much thicker. I've had so many hairstylist tell how incredibily fine my hair is, and make jokes like "girl, you don't have very much hair do you," so I am ecstatic to know it is much more abundant. It has also improved in shine, and texture. The only thing I am not satisfyed with is the color, but I am willing, finanly after much frustration, to accept it, and take care of it so the beauty of my true color shines through.
I have adopted so many new techniques and treatments since joining, that make me feel good about taking care of my hair. I have gained at least an inch since joining, but have done two self trimmings(very lightly), and shorten my side swept long bangs. Doing those myself saved me $60-go thrifty me. A lot of times I don't even have to do anything with my hair to fix it, and I feel proud of it because of the great condition it is in. This is a big thing for me, because I have always struggled with self image issues especially with my hair (I have always seeked perfection, and never able to achieve it) but now am actually proud. I know it is getting stronger, but there is still some breakage, but I feel confident this will get better with time and care. A new treatment I am excited to try is a vinegar rinse infused with sage and rosemary-I have some stepping in vinegar right now, and will be trying either tomorrow morning, or the next. Also I just got a new moisturizing condish from sallys-Venetian Blends Masque Divina(anyone heard of it or used it?)-which seems to be pretty moisturizing, but rinses out easier than some deep condish. I am trying it out in my SMT right now that I am leaving in overnight.
Sorry about rattling on, but I am so happy about my progress. I will try to take a pic tomorrow, so I can post a comparison of beginning and now. Just wanted to share...would love to hear some of everyones proud hair moments. :)

Now if I could just find a community that gave great advice like this one for skin care, I would be set.

coppercurls
June 12th, 2008, 10:45 PM
Hi themostsilly! I am glad you are liking your hair now. LHC is a wonderful place huh? If you are interested in skin care, on the main menu there is a link to The Beauty Bottle. There is lots of discusion about skin, nail, fashion etc. HTH

Continue to love your hair & it will reward you!

jojo
June 13th, 2008, 10:03 AM
This is such an informative forum, in the 10 months i have been here, my hair too has improved 100%, this is a great feeling eh? Keep up the good work!

holycannoli
June 13th, 2008, 10:47 AM
I know exactly what you mean! In the 4 short months I've been here, I've learned so much about how to take care of my hair and styles to put it in to protect it. It's great that this resource is here, isn't it?

Katze
June 13th, 2008, 11:20 AM
yay! Good for you (and you have beautiful hair, btw).

I just updated my signature to reflect what LHC has done. Grew from bleached, heavily layered, shoulder-length hair that all stylists told me would never grow, to almost-BSL. It's been really hard and I've lost a lot of length I would have otherwise had in four years, but it's been worth it, and would not be possible without LHC.

:cheese:

Alaskanheart
June 13th, 2008, 11:52 AM
Glad to hear themostsilly!Im a 9 monther, and I dont think im ever gonna leave.This place has lots of cool people and Im always praising about how great of a job they do at keeping the meanies out.Plus the whealth of knowledge that is shared here and support truely helps us who want long or just healthier hair reach that goal.Its awsome!

Your hair is looking silky and long in your avatar.Good for you!

Curlsgirl
June 13th, 2008, 12:28 PM
Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy KUTGW!!!!!:cheese:

themostsilly
June 13th, 2008, 04:12 PM
Here are some photos taken today, I guess there hasn't been very much increase in length, but it feels longer, and healthier to me :)

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm260/avixxie/Hair608003-1.jpg
http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm260/avixxie/Hair608004-1.jpg
Sorry the lighting isn't so good, I will have my fiance take some better ones later. My avatar was taken not too long after I joined for comparison.

themostsilly
June 13th, 2008, 04:20 PM
Here is one I found from the beginning
http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm260/avixxie/Hair015-1.jpg

FrannyG
June 13th, 2008, 04:24 PM
Oh, themostsilly, your hair is just beautiful. :flowers: I'm really happy to know that you've learned so much here. It really is a great forum, isn't it?